• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 50, 2010

Rad-

Jakoavain said:
Seems that you haven't been watching any TV in a while. There's a lot of advertising for Kinect on the TV and in other media, so the idea of selling 10k isn't farfetched.

Well I watch telly almost daily but the only ads I have seen this holiday are tons of Move ads, tons of Wii ads, some GT5 ads and few YourShape Fitness ads. I guess I watch TV the wrong times then. :p

dabra

2eygkn5.png

Sweden:
Week 50, 2010

01 (01) [PC] World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
02 (03) [WII] Donkey Kong Country Returns
03 (02) [PS3] Gran Turismo 5
04 (05) [360] Call Of Duty: Black Ops
05 (04) [360] Kinect Adventures
06 (09) [360] Kinect Sports
07 (08) [PS3] FIFA 11
08 (06) [PS3] Call Of Duty: Black Ops
09 (13) [WII] New Super Mario Bros Wii
10 (10) [NDS] New Super Mario Bros.
11 (15) [360] FIFA 11
12 (12) [PS3] Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
13 (07) [PC] The Sims 3: Late Night
14 (18) [PS3] Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
15 (20) [360] Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
16 (17) [360] Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
17 (__) [WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2
18 (__) [WII] Mario Kart Wii
19 (16) [PC] Call Of Duty: Black Ops
20 (19) [PC] The Sims 3

http://nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=news&nid=417&pageID=6

Nintendo announces that the biggest selling video game console of all time in Australia, Nintendo DS® (inclusive of Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite®, Nintendo DSi(TM) and Nintendo DSi(TM) XL), has sold through more than three million* units! For the last four years, Nintendo DS has been Australia's number one selling console, and it is on target to be the number one selling console again for 2010.

maeh2k

slaughterking said:
2up4lc5.png

Germany :
Week 50, 2010

01 (03) [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo)
02 (01) [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 (Sony)
03 (02) [WII] Donkey Kong Country Returns (Nintendo)
04 (05) [NDS] Professor Layton And The Lost Future (Nintendo)
05 (04) [WII] Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
06 (06) [WII] Wii Fit Plus + Balance Board (Nintendo)
07 (10) [NDS] Art Academy (Nintendo)
08 (__) [PS3] Fifa 11 (Electronic Arts)
09 (__) [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
10 (09) [PS3] Call Of Duty: Black Ops (Activision Blizzard)

Somehow I am really surprised at how well Wii party is doing. How long have Wii Party, GT5 and DKCR been out in Germany?

As always it's still a shame that the 360 is selling so much worse than the PS3, here.

carlosp

Banned
maeh2k said:
Somehow I am really surprised at how well Wii party is doing. How long have Wii Party, GT5 and DKCR been out in Germany?

As always it's still a shame that the 360 is selling so much worse than the PS3, here.

why? xbox brand is still kinda dead over here.

maeh2k

carlosp said:
why? xbox brand is still kinda dead over here.

exactly. that's the problem.

Now even though I personally favor the 360, I don't mind Sony doing well and would welcome an even split in market share. But considering how much Sony fucked up at the start of the generation, it bothers me that there's so much brand loyalty.

MS put out a good system and did a lot of things right, but in two out of three territories they have a hard time competing...

Truespeed

milanbaros said:
Its ridiculous. The high 360 sales have brought PS3 games into the all formats top 10 and pushed out Wii titles. It then has GT5. Its a load of bullshit.

Your agenda is ridiculous.

Or right now: http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

The penultimate chart of the year remains headed by Activision Blizzard’s ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops’ (+13%) having claimed 6 weeks out of 7 so far since launch (‘Gran Turismo 5’ claimed one week at the top back in week 47).

Entertainment Software sales only climb 5% in units/value over last week which means that in terms of units the market is the biggest this year (but only 442 units up over the ‘Black Ops’ inspired previous biggest week of 2010 back in week 45) and second biggest this year in terms of revenue (behind week 45, some £28m short of that all time record-breaking week). As you would expect there is little change over last week with EA’s ‘FIFA 11’ at No2 (+27%) and EA’s ‘Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit’ at No3 (-8%). Ubisoft’s ‘Just Dance 2’ remains at No4 (+4%) and Ubisoft also remain at No5 with ‘Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood’ (+0%). 3 titles re-enter the Top 10 and they are EA’s ‘The Sims 3’ up 6 places to No7 (+32%), Microsoft’s ‘Kinect Sports’ up 7 places to No8 (+25%) and Ubisoft’s ‘Michael Jackson: The Experience’ up 3 places to No9 (+13%). 2 older titles enter the Top 40 for the first time, the promoted Wii/360/PS3 ‘Monopoly Streets’ from EA at No28 (+76% / released in week 44, 2010) and Ubisoft’s Wii ‘Raving Rabbids: Travel in Time’ at No29 (+51% / released in week 47, 2010).

Spwn

Jakoavain said:
Seems that you haven't been watching any TV in a while. There's a lot of advertising for Kinect on the TV and in other media, so the idea of selling 10k isn't farfetched.

Not to mention all the demo stands scattered around. Even my father went to a store to test one and he doesn't even have a X360. People are interested, but I'm also surprised that it hit 10k. I thought the price tag would scare everyone away.

Hammer24

Banned
Brashnir said:
Big jumps for FIFA and Kinect Sports. Big drop from Donkey Kong. Not a whole lot of movement otherwise.

Plus a jump for DC, so you know what people got for christmas this year.

Top Bottom