• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

jett

D-Member
CozMick said:
A 1/3 of what it was in Killzone 2.

Nah, it's shittier. This is an unmanageable loading time for a multiplayer game. I'm too used to the quickness of Uncharted 2.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
jett said:
Watched the GB quicklook, SP looks really awesome. Multiplayer though...

Holy mother of fuck 60 second loading times for multiplayer? And then a 30 second wait time. Dear lord.

It also doesn't help with the Red Overkill background, and the damn Flickering

It should be 15 seconds for end lobby, and 15 seconds for the game starting lobby, 30 seconds enough time to use new unlock points/pick a class

ultron87

So is the curve for ranking up the same in retail as it was in the beta?

I'm trying to determine which pre-order bonus is the best. If the beta curve is the same then it's probably the double xp from Best Buy.

Though if the Amazon 3 free points one still starts you at minimum rank that could theoretically vastly decrease the amount of xp you need to achieve full unlocks (presuming the final ranks have really high xp requirements).

tiddles

spats said:
Giant Bomb has a quick look up of the game. Dunno about you guys but I'm skipping it.

They show the very beginning of the game... you might not want to watch this if you want to keep this section a bit of a surprise.

jett

D-Member
GraveRobberX said:
It also doesn't help with the Red Overkill background, and the damn Flickering

It should be 15 seconds for end lobby, and 15 seconds for the game starting lobby, 30 seconds enough time to use new unlock points/pick a class

They should just go ahead and install the multiplayer portion on the hard drive if the loading is going to be this horrible. Really, I don't know why devs don't do this.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
ultron87 said:

I'm trying to determine which pre-order bonus is the best. If the beta curve is the same then it's probably the double xp from Best Buy.

Though if the Amazon 3 free points one still starts you at minimum rank that could theoretically vastly decrease the amount of xp you need to achieve full unlocks (presuming the final ranks have really high xp requirements).

Double XP has to be the best... 3 unlock points is nice if it's unlock point #37 to 40, but I can get 3 unlock points at launch in my first match. I might switch my preorder to best buy.

GraveRobberX

ultron87 said:

Grab the Double XP from Best Buy, go into Home, play the KZ shooting range game, get the 3 unlock points, win-win

Not bad a game, not amazing either, it takes 30-45 minutes tops

The requirements are hella' easy, 10 challenges, easily done

Only thing I need confirmation on is if the 3 point unlocks stack. Get it as a Pre-Order bonus, then go into Home and play the game and get another 3 points

By the way go to page 2 if you are in NA, if a 7-11 by you, you can get the retro map pack free (need 4 points)

Here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25940454&postcount=127

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
jett said:
They should just go ahead and install the multiplayer portion on the hard drive if the loading is going to be this horrible. Really, I don't know why devs don't do this.

I don't see them playing multiplayer. Only botzone with 15 bots. I'm guessing it takes a bit longer to generate and load up the bots.

GraveRobberX

bobbytkc said:
I don't see them playing multiplayer. Only botzone with 15 bots. I'm guessing it takes a bit longer to generate and load up the bots.

No in the BETA it's the same thing.

30 seconds for end lobby, you get to see your XP points bar fill up, then the game switches to the start lobby, where a 30 second timer goes down to the start of the match

I think you need like 2million+ XP to hit final rank

So if you average, at least 5,000XP per game, it will take you around 400+ games to get there

I average close to 8-12k per game (WarZone), still a long climb to the top

ultron87

commish said:
Double XP has to be the best... 3 unlock points is nice if it's unlock point #37 to 40, but I can get 3 unlock points at launch in my first match. I might switch my preorder to best buy.

If getting the 3 unlock points just means that you start at rank 3 then double XP is clearly the way to go.

But if it means that you start at rank 1, but have 3 unlock points it could theoretically be better in the long run since it would mean that you only need to be level X to unlock everything instead of level X+3. Those three levels could possibly take hundreds of thousands of XP to unlock.

jett

D-Member
bobbytkc said:

Well...I don't want to assume but it seemed to me that the loading times were the same in botzone and online MP in the beta.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
GraveRobberX said:
No in the BETA it's the same thing.

30 seconds for end lobby, you get to see your XP points bar fill up, then the game switches to the start lobby, where a 30 second timer goes down to the start of the match

I thought he was talking about the initial loading? I dunno.

jett said:
Well...I don't want to assume but it seemed to me that the loading times were the same in botzone and online MP in the beta.

Well, I didn't play botzone, only multiplayer, so I cannot confirm. But the beta only has one map, and it is probably already loaded into memory the moment you started it up, so I am not sure that is probably the best comparison.

ultron87 said:
If getting the 3 unlock points just means that you start at rank 3 then double XP is clearly the way to go.

But if it means that you start at rank 1, but have 3 unlock points it could theoretically be better in the long run since it would mean that you only need to be level X to unlock everything instead of level X+3. Those three levels could possibly take hundreds of thousands of XP to unlock.

I am thinking the same way as you. I think, although 3 points don't seem like a lot now, later down the line they will gold. I also did the home challenge so I have 6 points coming my way at the start!

GraveRobberX

bobbytkc said:

Hmmm... hopefully when game is released and a new patch applied maybe the timer will get cut in half?

BotZone loading is just like MP's end lobby, that 30 second delay, then the 30 second to start?

GG trying to keep it equal footing?

jett

D-Member
bobbytkc said:

Well, I didn't play botzone, only multiplayer, so I cannot confirm. But the beta only has one map, and it is probably already loaded into memory the moment you started it up, so I am not sure that is probably the best comparison.

That's not how it works. And if you had played the beta you should've noticed the loading times anyway.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
jett said:
That's not how it works. And if you had played the beta you should've noticed the loading times anyway.

Well, I don't think either of us is in any position to say how the beta works, that's all I'm saying. And I didn't really take note of the loading times all that much in the beta.

jett

D-Member
bobbytkc said:
Well, I don't think either of us is in any position to say how the beta works, that's all I'm saying. And I didn't really take note of the loading times all that much in the beta.

Man...just, whatever.

how in the fuck do you turn on 3D in this game? I see in the options on the main menu there is a slider to adjust the depth, but I can't do anything with it. WHen I start the game, pause, and go into options, there is an option to turn 3D on, but when I select it, it says I have to go to the main menu to turn on 3D... any help would be appreciated, as this is kinda pissing me off.

Bread

Banned
GraveRobberX said:
So if you average, at least 5,000XP per game, it will take you around 400+ games to get there

I average close to 8-12k per game (WarZone), still a long climb to the top
Shit, I played Guerrilla Warfare only in the beta, and my most points in one round was 5k on a 22-4 game, maybe I should be playing Warzone instead.

GraveRobberX

ArachosiA 78 said:
how in the fuck do you turn on 3D in this game? I see in the options on the main menu there is a slider to adjust the depth, but I can't do anything with it. WHen I start the game, pause, and go into options, there is an option to turn 3D on, but when I select it, it says I have to go to the main menu to turn on 3D... any help would be appreciated, as this is kinda pissing me off.

First have your 3DTV connected to your PS3 via HDMI

Go to Settings > Display Settings > Video Output Settings

Now select the HDMI option (you need it for 3D, component = no), you will see all the viewable options

480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 2 new ones 720p (3D), and 1080p (3D)
(Select all, or whatever you want)

Now on your TV menu, in the 3D options have TV set to Auto 3D

Now boot up KZ3, you should get a wall of text saying 3D blah blah blah, 6 year old eyes are to blah blah blah

Mazel Tov game can now run in 3D

Go to option, select 3D option, switch to Yes, game flickers/switches over to 3D mode, choose the % of 3D (I keep it @100%)

Enjoy (^_^)b

hey, thanks, dude. I appreciate your help. Unfortunately, I followed you instructions, but it's still not working. It's weird, because I've had no problems with other 3D games or movies...

GraveRobberX

ArachosiA 78 said:
hey, thanks, dude. I appreciate your help. Unfortunately, I followed you instructions, but it's still not working. It's weird, because I've had no problems with other 3D games or movies...

When you start the game do you get the 3D warning wall of text?

If you have played other 3D games, it's not the display setting, has to be the TV option

Try to check if you have the 3D option to a certain way, ie side by side, top & bottom, etc.

Maybe play with that

What TV is it by the way, curious, I'll be your tech support (^_^)b

MP changes
From the Killzone.com forums:

What we'd like to do is give you guys some idea of how your hard work has paid off on parts of the game you've commented on, but haven't seen a patch for in the open beta. We've received a tremendous amount feedback from all of you, some of it obviously in favor of specific changes, while some other feedback was split down the middle. To compensate for the split feedback, we've looked at information and statistics we've been collecting while you've been playing on the server. Below you'll find a list of some of the most talked about points during beta, and what we plan to do to address these specific issues.

* A fix to the "Your Faction Has Won/Lost" issue, along with all oddities that resulted from this occurring
* An issue that allowed more than two clans to join a clan match will be fixed
* Increased Accuracy, Bullet Damage and Faster Reload Ribbons will update correctly on personal statistics screens
* We've simplified the process to invite players into your game (just one button press)
* The radius of the Marksman's Scramble++ has been lowered
* Medic's Revive distance increased and cooldown to re-use is decreased
* No collision on mortally wounded player bodies
* Increased player stamina
* An icon will be shown in the menu when you have a Killzone 3 message in your inbox

Shortly after the game's release, you'll also see these changes patched in:

* Support for color-blind players
* Implement unranked custom games for players to create private or clan matches
* Enhanced custom games functionality that will allow players to:
o Control over games modes and settings
o Secure games, allowing you to invite the players you want to play with
o The ability to prevent abilities and weapons from being used
o Toggling on and off functionality, such as ribbons, skills, explosives, etc.
o Selecting which careers you want available to players
o Allow friendly fire to be turned on or off
o Faction switching enabled or disabled
* The Clan Officer role will be added to clans
* Separate turn speeds for hip-fire and ADS
* Overly enthusiastic death screams will be toned down
* Increased the amount of kills required to win a Guerrilla Warfare match
* Increased Accuracy ribbon will have its effectiveness lowered
* Likewise, the Bullet Damage ribbon will have its effectiveness lowered as well
* Matches will end if the other team forfeits (i.e. too few, or no players on the enemy team)
* Matchmaking enhancements that will close and merge games based on player count, which will keep games more full
* Balance factions out by moving players to the other team at the end of the match if one team is lopsided
* The ability to turn off HUD markers for point pop-ups and objectives
* A menu option to allow squad-only chat
* The addition of a Mute All button
* Scoreboard flickering will be fixed
* Clans will no longer get matched against other clans that have many more players than they do (i.e. 4 vs. 7, 5 vs. 8)

And that list is just the beginning. As we release our patches you'll get a full list of everything we've updated in a patch list, which is much more than what we've listed above.

RotBot

GraveRobberX said:
GG trying to keep it equal footing?
It's not like PCs where some people can load in 10 seconds and others a minute. The only possible time difference in PS3s is varying speeds of hard drives. Killzone 3 doesn't have an install so that factor isn't in play, either.

Between rounds in the beta, I resorted to watching Youtube videos on my iPod. Really annoying wait times.

GraveRobberX said:
When you start the game do you get the 3D warning wall of text?

If you have played other 3D games, it's not the display setting, has to be the TV option

Try to check if you have the 3D option to a certain way, ie side by side, top & bottom, etc.

Maybe play with that

What TV is it by the way, curious, I'll be your tech support (^_^)b

No, I don't get a 3D warning. I'll try the side by side, top to bottom options now..

I have a Panasonic GT25

GraveRobberX

OMFG They Do Listen

Tears of Joy ; ;

MP changes

Quote:
What we'd like to do is give you guys some idea of how your hard work has paid off on parts of the game you've commented on, but haven't seen a patch for in the open beta. We've received a tremendous amount feedback from all of you, some of it obviously in favor of specific changes, while some other feedback was split down the middle. To compensate for the split feedback, we've looked at information and statistics we've been collecting while you've been playing on the server. Below you'll find a list of some of the most talked about points during beta, and what we plan to do to address these specific issues.

* A fix to the "Your Faction Has Won/Lost" issue, along with all oddities that resulted from this occurring
* An issue that allowed more than two clans to join a clan match will be fixed
* Increased Accuracy, Bullet Damage and Faster Reload Ribbons will update correctly on personal statistics screens
* We've simplified the process to invite players into your game (just one button press)
* The radius of the Marksman's Scramble++ has been lowered
* Medic's Revive distance increased and cooldown to re-use is decreased
* No collision on mortally wounded player bodies
* Increased player stamina
* An icon will be shown in the menu when you have a Killzone 3 message in your inbox

Shortly after the game's release, you'll also see these changes patched in:

* Support for color-blind players
* Implement unranked custom games for players to create private or clan matches
* Enhanced custom games functionality that will allow players to:
o Control over games modes and settings
o Secure games, allowing you to invite the players you want to play with
o The ability to prevent abilities and weapons from being used
o Toggling on and off functionality, such as ribbons, skills, explosives, etc.
o Selecting which careers you want available to players
o Allow friendly fire to be turned on or off
o Faction switching enabled or disabled
* The Clan Officer role will be added to clans
* Separate turn speeds for hip-fire and ADS
* Overly enthusiastic death screams will be toned down
* Increased the amount of kills required to win a Guerrilla Warfare match
* Increased Accuracy ribbon will have its effectiveness lowered
* Likewise, the Bullet Damage ribbon will have its effectiveness lowered as well
* Matches will end if the other team forfeits (i.e. too few, or no players on the enemy team)
* Matchmaking enhancements that will close and merge games based on player count, which will keep games more full
* Balance factions out by moving players to the other team at the end of the match if one team is lopsided
* The ability to turn off HUD markers for point pop-ups and objectives
* A menu option to allow squad-only chat
* The addition of a Mute All button
* Scoreboard flickering will be fixed
* Clans will no longer get matched against other clans that have many more players than they do (i.e. 4 vs. 7, 5 vs. 8)

And that list is just the beginning. As we release our patches you'll get a full list of everything we've updated in a patch list, which is much more than what we've listed above.

nib95

Banned
I wish KZ3 had a killcam like COD that showed you how you died through the eyes of your opponent, whilst you were waiting to be re-spawned.

GraveRobberX

ArachosiA 78 said:
No, I don't get a 3D warning. I'll try the side by side, top to bottom options now..

I have a Panasonic GT25

Leave the 3D option on Auto

Also make sure 3D option is ON, lol I had it off sometimes >.>;, I was like WTF! why won't you work in 3D

I have 65" VT25

nib95 said:
I wish KZ3 had a killcam like COD that showed you how you died through the eyes of your opponent, whilst you were waiting to be re-spawned.
no thanks. it would be much better if the camera aimed you to the nearest medic and you could signal him.

Tried the other settings (side by side etc). They basically just make everything look messed up. 2D-3D conversion works....but as usual, it's barely noticeable and pretty much pointless. For everything else I have always put the TV's 3D setting on Native or Auto Detect. But, this game doesn't seem to recognize that I have a 3D TV.

GraveRobberX said:
Leave the 3D option on Auto

Also make sure 3D option is ON, lol I had it off sometimes >.>;, I was like WTF! why won't you work in 3D

I have 65" VT25

which 3D option are you referring to? You mean the 3D eyewear option?

GraveRobberX

fuzzyreactor said:
lil late, lol

I'm just happy, feedback was taken and something was done

You can haz the glories, I'm getting the HYPE Train to overdrive

spats

Torgo said:
Not that I know of, but it works really well with Move.

Torgo, you know if Sony is sending you a sharpshooter? I'd like to hear some impressions from you.

That is unless you have one already.

GraveRobberX

ArachosiA 78 said:
which 3D option are you referring to? You mean the 3D eyewear option?

There's an option to turn 3D off, but when you did those other modes, 3D was working

I'm still trying to figure out why you aren't getting that handshake between 3DTV <-> PS3

I played the Open Beta in 3D, just went to display settings, redid all my viewable options, accepted them all, both 3D options

Booted up game got 3D wall o' text, went to options, said Yes to 3D, BAM, 3D enabled

Ok, well, thanks again for your time GraveRobber. I decided to re-download the demo...this time I chose to download it from the 3D section of the PSN store. Maybe I had downloaded a 2D-only demo...we'll see.

I work 3rd shift, so I'm off to bed. If you happen to think of any other possibilities, please IM me.

Thanks again!

fuzzyreactor said:
MP changes

I support most of those changes, though a post release patch that will change the controls may not be a good idea. I personally agree with the change as you shouldn't be able to aim as fast in ADS, but it may be a rather big change depending on the difference in speed and how often a given player uses ADS. I wonder how this will affect Move users.

I am really glad to hear that you can turn of individual HUD elements.

Too bad they aren't adding a medic indicator to the mini-map for mortally wounded players. The current system makes waiting near pointless, but the extended range may encourage more people to give the class a shot.

The should have increased the cool down timer on the Marksman cloak - scramble++ is a perk I will have to think long and hard before purchasing so changes to it will not really change the overall value of this class.

GraveRobberX

ArachosiA 78 said:
Ok, well, thanks again for your time GraveRobber. I decided to re-download the demo...this time I chose to download it from the 3D section of the PSN store. Maybe I had downloaded a 2D-only demo...we'll see.

I work 3rd shift, so I'm off to bed. If you happen to think of any other possibilities, please IM me.

Thanks again!

Oh maybe that is it then

There a 2 Demo's (same file size, but different sayings) KillZone 3 Demo & KillZone 3 Demo (3D)

1 is 2D only, 1 is 3D only

2D can be played on 3DTV also, but if you try to boot up the 3D demo on regular non-3DTV you get a prompt saying no 3DTV detected

Top Bottom