• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer Season 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news

I made a huge mistake sending this girl I like the YT clip of the Danger Zone montage. So then she started to stream the Placebo Effect and the episode where Pam is kidnapped. Now she's quoting the show and loves it.

Problem is, she said found me attractive because I was funny. By funny I mean quoting Archer. Last week she commented on my hair in class. I told her that my hair is one of the five best features about me. It's so thick my barber charges double. She ate it up. But now she knows I'm just copying Archer and not coming up with my lines.

Eh, I'm a bit down, but she still says she's still attracted to me. :(

TheOddOne

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Bad news

I made a huge mistake sending this girl I like the YT clip of the Danger Zone montage. So then she started to stream the Placebo Effect and the episode where Pam is kidnapped. Now she's quoting the show and loves it.

Problem is, she said found me attractive because I was funny. By funny I mean quoting Archer. Last week she commented on my hair in class. I told her that my hair is one of the five best features about me. It's so thick my barber charges double. She ate it up. But now she knows I'm just copying Archer and not coming up with my lines.

What.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
BigAT said:
I enjoy Archer and was a big fan of Sealab, is Frisky Dingo worth checking out?
Hell. Yes. Mr ford, wendell, ta'quil, ballocaust. Its definetely worth picking up

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Bad news

:lol

MMaRsu

Banned
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Bad news

You idiot

big ander

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Bad news

:lol I'm sorry, but that's hilarious :lol

You can't be serious? ^

Anyway, this episode was another in the string of funny one. The underwater blow job paid off the losing his boner line in the jacuzzi for sure. The Ben wa balls gag is hilarious considering Archer is the one to know what it is and to torment the guy about it. Plus that recurring flashback was a riot. Little Hitler and Elvira? Rofl

Even though Pam tried, nothing will be as funny as the "east-side" joke from Sealab 2021.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
I need to find some other quotes similar to what Archer would say.

Making up my own lines is hard work.

Don't try so hard. Seriously. Half of Archer's lines are "Wait... I had something for this" which is exactly what you'll be saying when you try to remember that funny thing you thought up 4 days ago.

@rat: He was charlie chaplin

charlie-chaplin.jpg

Zenith

Banned
I can't remembe the Ballocaust joke from FD. I've seen the pic of the Ballocaust album cover but the joke just isn't coming back to me.

Tamanon

Banned
I just got that damn joke where Barry was holding his fingers under Archer's nose.

Love the Barry/Archer interplay and the callback to the first episode with the torture scene.

Tokubetsu

Tamanon said:
I just got that damn joke where Barry was holding his fingers under Archer's nose.

Love the Barry/Archer interplay and the callback to the first episode with the torture scene.

Yeah, that was great. I feel really bad for Barry though. Can't catch a break.

Tamanon

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Yeah, that was great. I feel really bad for Barry though. Can't catch a break.

Could be worse, could be shot every episode.

But, speaking of recurring characters, whatever happened to Bilbo the guy in the communications room, he hasn't been around for a while.

Tamanon said:

But, speaking of recurring characters, whatever happened to Bilbo the guy in the communications room, he hasn't been around for a while.

Adam Reed probably ran out of LotR things to reference.

BigAT said:
I enjoy Archer and was a big fan of Sealab, is Frisky Dingo worth checking out?

Frisky Dingo is the best things these guys have done. I say this as a fan of Sealab and Archer.

Only thing that could have been better would have been the Xtacles spinoff. It didn't last though.

Raxus

I wonder if Barry can be a spy anymore. Be interesting when we see him again. He really is Archer's Frank Grimes.

Tokubetsu

Tkawsome said:
Frisky Dingo is the best things these guys have done. I say this as a fan of Sealab and Archer.

Only thing that could have been better would have been the Xtacles spinoff. It didn't last though.

I love Frisky Dingo but my main problems with it are sometimes its A) TOO out there and B) I can't just jump into it., its hard for me to just put on an episode and laugh.

I was hoping for some kind of Die Hard reference when Archer was stepping on the glass.

Not as funny as the last two episodes, but still good. Even when the jokes aren't there, Sterling Archer is still funny.

Mike M

Nick N
Tamanon said:
Idunno, I'd rate losing a leg as worse than getting shot every episode*

*I say this as someone who has never been shot, which I don't doubt is excruciatingly painful, but I have deep phobias about losing body parts.

'Oh, I guess this building must be a soldier factory.' - Archer

Too many good parts about this episode to post. Defiantly my favorite of the season.

FUCK. For some reason, I exported the file to mp3 and left the original file as it was without trimming it. All 15 seconds and it sets as ringtone.

Strange.

Thanks, Gout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom