• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Gandie

I don't think we'll have to wait for the potatoes to run out. The bars are filling a lot quicker now, here's hoping we'll get the game once all of them are blue. :

Luigison

Well, at least, this whole thing got my to buy and play Cogs and Amnesia. Most of the others I already owned or didn't care for. I still suck at SMB and/or keyboard controls though.

Epix

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

The ratio seems 1000 potatoes for 94 seconds.

That means than in 715 minutes (around 12 hours), the potatoes will reach 0. Unless countdown get finished before.

GABDEG

11:00 - Reboot safety test protocol initiated...
11:00 - Relaxation chamber locks released...
11:00 - Involuntary hazard mitigation associates have assumed testing positions...
11:00 - Pre-release lethality assessment initiated...

In before the unlock.

KarmaCow

11:00 - Involuntary hazard mitigation associates have assumed testing positions...

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat

edit damn you

Obviously the potatoes gained by Steam users have to outweigh the rate that we're losing them at, if it reaches zero Portal 2 will never come out =P

hey guys

here's a "lol" for u

what if the potatoes

and gaben

u c where i'm going with this

it's a very sophisticated and original bit of humor

XeroSauce

10:50 - Engaging starch-based power cells
11:00 - Reboot safety test protocol initiated...

Owensboro

Watching this thread is amazing. The dramatic switches between love and hate are spectacular. GlaDOS is winning.

No, but seriously, keep it up GAF. You are making monday fun. I can't wait to see what nonsense comes up to throw everyone into another love/hate cycle. What will the potatoes do?

many people bought the potato pack just so they could help release the game ealier, they'll get it at midnight.
Average joe or console gamer doesn't take part in all this and just go to a midnight launch.

you be the judge.

claviertekky said:
Code has the same rate. It's showing individual numbers as opposed to subtracting a handful at a time, making you think it's going faster.

Don't toy with me! PLEASE DON'T TOY WITH ME!

Yeah... It's still going at around 8-11 a second. Shucks...

Top Bottom