• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdub03

I found my new experimental team!

God's Beard said:

Just went through the vid pausing it and looking at button inputs. I'm not a notation expert so it's jumbled and messy.

fly S, h, S, jump (h xx air dash, h xx magnetic blast l) land, jump( h xx magnetic blast h), land, cr, h, S, jump( h xx air dash, h xx magnetic blast l) land, jump( mh xx magnetic blast) land, h xx hyper grav l, P2, h, S, jump( mmhs), land, hyper grav H, (let missiles hit) hyper grav l, P1, h xx em disruptor m, let assist hit, hyper grav l, h xx em disruptor m

Caj814

no combos as of now but this is an HD test on my new setup and wanted to see what you guys thought of the quality. Will be doing a couple more adjustments in the weekend and may do one big combo video featuring multiple characters and team setups.
http://youtu.be/fSQqLopgCqQ

I tried a simple Sougenmu corner combo with Zero and it was pretty easy to pull off. I guess I could actually try doing the DHC trick now. :eek: Just gotta figure out who to run first so they can DHC into Zero.

I could always try running Haggar first again (I used to do this when the game was new), since apparently the DHC trick is doable with him - something involving the Hoodlum Launcher.

The combo:
Sougenmu > (S ^ M M > Sentsuizan H)x2 > S ^ M M H S > Rekkoha

or it might have been 3 loops, I forget.

no combos as of now but this is an HD test on my new setup and wanted to see what you guys thought of the quality. Will be doing a couple more adjustments in the weekend and may do one big combo video featuring multiple characters and team setups.
http://youtu.be/fSQqLopgCqQ
I've seen better, but it looks really good.

Anyway, theoryfighter alert:
I want to try pairing Hsien-ko with a meter-building assist to achieve near-permanent hyper armor.

h3ro

Thought I'd add this here as well in case Spooky or anyone else from TS drops in:

Sp00kycast. Vic, make this happen!

Spooky, drunk Art, angry Min and NerdJosh's Mom with special guest Akuma's chair.

Sup guys. I'd definitely listen to a random cast like the one from last night on a bi-weekly or monthly basis. I'm sure there are others here that would do the same!

Dahbomb

Better off using the meter building assist for Arthur and Gold armor.

Man that one combo in that Japanese Hulk/Spencer video with Hidden Missiles was godly. I don't know if it was intentional or not (probably was) but that made the combo ridiculously long for Hulk and completed the "touch of death".

Dahbomb

I wanna see the that Spider Man Japanese player at EVO.

Japanese MVC3 players use really crazy team combinations sometimes. I once saw a match of Trish/C Viper/Iron Man. It looked good on paper but in reality this team was beastly as once Trish got you in a touch, she would just a regular BnB. Ground the opponent and do Round Harvest. Player would have to block, she would raw tag into C Viper, Focus Attack plus Iron Man's Beam assist for additional time. Free unblockable into full C Viper combo.

Hey, cool. With Zero/Haggar, I can do ABC > Shippuga > Sougenmu > DHC Rapid Fire Fist > Haggar air combo. Seems like a good way to tag Zero out and get his powered up assist.

Dahbomb said:
I wanna see the that Spider Man Japanese player at EVO.

Japanese MVC3 players use really crazy team combinations sometimes. I once saw a match of Trish/C Viper/Iron Man. It looked good on paper but in reality this team was beastly as once Trish got you in a touch, she would just a regular BnB. Ground the opponent and do Round Harvest. Player would have to block, she would raw tag into C Viper, Focus Attack plus Iron Man's Beam assist for additional time. Free unblockable into full C Viper combo.
Wasn't Iron Man really popular in Japan for MvC2?

I wonder why Capcom gave MODOK's Killer illumination 10 active frames and 24 frames of invincibility. Are you meant to grab landing opponents or charging attacks with it? Just seems strange with every other command grab in the game being 1-2 frames with occasional exceptions like She-Hulk's running knee.

I guess you'd grab say, a Hyper Charging Star, OTG, Hyper Psionic Blast, OTG, Hyper Battering Ram? Combo does 899,000 damage with full understanding.

Such a weird move. There doesn't seem to be any reason it should be a command grab instead of a counter of something. 18 frame startup is kind of unwieldy, it's more like a bizarro Raging Demon than anything, I guess?

Dahbomb

Parallax Scroll said:
Wasn't Iron Man really popular in Japan for MvC2?
Iron Man was like high tier in MVC2. He had crazy ass infinites but were really high execution, even more than Magneto's. And his moves in MVC2 actually made sense.

Also Iron Man is one of the few Marvel characters which the Japanese actually like.

Neki

Karsticles said:
Indeed. God's Beard, I believe the issue is really that you mislabeled your list. Maybe "Top 5 most redundant characters"?

I don't see how Shuma-Gorath is a bad character. He's just a high execution character that requires patience.

I just realized who you are - why do people change avatars?! I learn people by their avatar. When you change your avatar, you are like a stranger to me!

Pony day?

Changing avatar is fun, it's the only sense of identity we have on the forums, so occasionally, I like to spice it up. :p

Hulk in that video was god tier, so good.

Dahbomb

What I liked about that Hulk was that he converted every hit of Hulk into a touch of death combo or close to it. Jump attack, ground attack and even throws. Gamma Wave OTG into Armor Piercer wall bounce to full combo. He also abused the hit box of the st.M and the frame advantage of Up Gamma Charge to Down Gamma Charge.

I still say that Hulk is more reliant on the other player making mistakes because all Hulk can do is pressure the opponent in the corner and occasionally throw. It's like the deal with Sentinel, on paper most competent players should not be getting hit by the Frying Pan but they do and end up eating a full combo because of it.

hitsugi

Dahbomb said:
Iron Man was like high tier in MVC2. He had crazy ass infinites but were really high execution, even more than Magneto's. And his moves in MVC2 actually made sense.

Also Iron Man is one of the few Marvel characters which the Japanese actually like.
Yeah, japan kind of revolutionized ironman and had guardbreaks down to the point where it didn't matter if you pushblocked, etc... You were losing that character. Unfortunately if you hit ironman first that's usually the end of it

Dahbomb

It's also the only cr.H that does damage on block and OTGs...

No wait Iron Man cr.H and S is Capcom intentionally trolling us. There is no way Capcom in good faith made a launcher for a character where the hit box doesn't even extend to the whole foot and is like -20 or something on block (where as someone like Wesker's is like -2 on block).

I get internal rage when I think about cr.H. It's like Iron Man's Smart Bombs do everything better than that move plus they can be cancelled into Proton Cannon for decent damage. It's really sad because I really wanted to play with Iron Man regularly but I don't want to deal with this shit.

Iron Man's "abare" is probably the worst in the game.

Iron Man was made poorly intentionally out of spite because Marvel was all bitchy about him not getting enough screen time in trailers. Now Marvel is getting back at Capcom by making DLC negotiations really annoying.

Dahbomb

Marvel probably wants Iron Man top tier like Wolverine. They are witholding the DLC rights until Capcom gets their shit together.

I sometimes don't get MVC3. Why does a character like Jill have absurd hit boxes that allow her to easily juggle 2 characters (even though she isn't using any other extension like a sword or claws) when Iron Man can barely juggle one character despite having plasma coming out of every orifice and appendage.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
It's also the only cr.H that does damage on block and OTGs...

No wait Iron Man cr.H and S is Capcom intentionally trolling us. There is no way Capcom in good faith made a launcher for a character where the hit box doesn't even extend to the whole foot and is like -20 or something on block (where as someone like Wesker's is like -2 on block).

I get internal rage when I think about cr.H. It's like Iron Man's Smart Bombs do everything better than that move plus they can be cancelled into Proton Cannon for decent damage. It's really sad because I really wanted to play with Iron Man regularly but I don't want to deal with this shit.

Iron Man's "abare" is probably the worst in the game.
I'm more pissed off about them switching Smart Bomb & Repulsor Blast inputs TBH.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
God's Beard said:
Iron Man was made poorly intentionally out of spite because Marvel was all bitchy about him not getting enough screen time in trailers. Now Marvel is getting back at Capcom by making DLC negotiations really annoying.

lolwutpear.jpg

I want sources and information on this. That's just absoludicris.

God's Beard said:

But Iron Man isn't even a bad character at all.

Lothars

God's Beard said:

How can you say that? do you have proof?

Alucrid

Banned
I don't get the whole "I don't want to play this dude" thing. You're going to a tourney. There's always the chance you'll have to play against someone you know or someone you play against a lot. There's a good chance you'll have to play him eventually so might as well get it over with now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Alucrid said:
I don't get the whole "I don't want to play this dude" thing. You're going to a tourney. There's always the chance you'll have to play against someone you know or someone you play against a lot. There's a good chance you'll have to play him eventually so might as well get it over with now.
Everyone wants special treatment. The first rule of tourneys should be man up and play the fucking card your dealt.

hitsugi

Alucrid said:
Trust me. It's annoying as fuck when you travel however many miles only to play your FIRST MATCH against the guy you went there with / a friend that lives within a few miles of you. One of you sends the other to losers and that's kind of a lame way to kick things off. Sucks for both players, and that's that.

Of course, if you run into them later on (semis or whatnot) it's fair game. I'm speaking strictly of first match bullshit experiences that happen all too often for so cal.

Also, I've never bothered to request a bracket change over this because of what's stated by enzo. Sometimes shit happens

Grecco

Floating Brackets should never happen once its top 8. I dont give a fuck if you and your training partner are there. ITs top 8

before that yeah why not

Alucrid

Banned
hitsugi said:
Trust me. It's annoying as fuck when you travel however many miles only to play your FIRST MATCH against the guy you went there with / a friend that lives within a few miles of you. One of you sends the other to losers and that's kind of a lame way to kick things off. Sucks for both players, and that's that.

Of course, if you run into them later on (semis or whatnot) it's fair game. I'm speaking strictly of first match bullshit experiences that happen all too often for so cal.

Also, I've never bothered to request a bracket change over this because of what's stated by enzo. Sometimes shit happens

Still, I mean, if the person running the tourney doesn't know ahead of time, what can you do if it's already made up? If you switch with someone else then that potentially fucks someone else over. I'm sure that organizes who know who's with who they take that into account, but I don't think me and a friend would be switched as opposed to J Wong and a friend.

Alucrid said:
Still, I mean, if the person running the tourney doesn't know ahead of time, what can you do if it's already made up? If you switch with someone else then that potentially fucks someone else over. I'm sure that organizes who know who's with who they take that into account, but I don't think me and a friend would be switched as opposed to J Wong and a friend.
This is why you're supposed to tell the TO who you traveled with while signing up. This happens in Smash tournaments all the time, but they know to let the TOs know who they traveled with so they don't have to worry about moving brackets later on.

I ran a tournament once (Alpha 3 on Playstation). After I'd randomly seeded the brackets but before the tournament began, someone asked me to move some players around, and I did. In hindsight it would have been a better tournament if I'd kept the original brackets. Like Spooky's been saying, tournament organizers should never let players make the calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom