• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT| of Listening to Classics (Not f&$@ing U-God)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PhoenixDark said:
New J Cole ft. Trey Songz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tonv-WSv7T4

How do you waste a Trey Songz feature on such a weak beat. This nicca never gonna blow
Jesus, we all knew his mainstream debut was not going to be on some Boom-Bap shit, but c'mon! At least mainstream joints have solid beats, fuck that, bangers. Will.i.am save this kid. Jay has no idea what's he is doing with J.Cole. The hyped that Friday Nights had was so huge, hes debut should have came out a few month later.

DominoKid

PhoenixDark said:

How do you waste a Trey Songz feature on such a weak beat. This nicca never gonna blow

dookie.

i actually like the beat but i cannot believe some of the shit Cole is spitting. i wonder if he realized how unnatural he sounds. i told yall his album was gonna be wack.

edit: Cole got bout 5 days to get a Jay-Z verse before he turn in his album

good luck. he shoulda signed to GOOD Music. at least it seems like Kanye takes and active role in his artist's albums.

i do think its funny that I've never seen a pic with him and Jay together. meanwhile you see Jay chillin w/ all of Cole's competition (Drake, Sean, Wale, etc. even Casey Veggies). #thingsthatmakeyougohmmmm

DominoKid said:
dookie.

i actually like the beat but i cannot believe some of the shit Cole is spitting. i wonder if he realized how unnatural he sounds. i told yall his album was gonna be wack.

edit: Cole got bout 5 days to get a Jay-Z verse before he turn in his album

good luck. he shoulda signed to GOOD Music. at least it seems like Kanye takes and active role in his artist's albums.

i do think its funny that I've never seen a pic with him and Jay together. meanwhile you see Jay chillin w/ all of Cole's competition (Drake, Sean, Wale, etc. even Casey Veggies). #thingsthatmakeyougohmmmm
I remember J.Cole saying that it was not going to be as good as Friday Night Lights, so no surprise there. Basically, you ain't called shit, so there :p

ShinobiFist said:
I remember J.Cole saying that it was not going to be as good as Friday Night Lights, so no surprise there. Basically, you ain't called shit, so there :p
He really said that? lol dang, least he's honest I guess.

Esch

Banned
PhoenixDark said:

it's like watching a guy play darts and miss every time

laugh.gif

TheOddOne

Atleast we have some decent mixtapes from J. Cole before he goes totally pop. Sad thing is that the work he does now, makes his mixtapes sound worse in retrospect.

kamspy

TheOddOne said:
Atleast we have some decent mixtapes from J. Cole before he goes totally pop. Sad thing is that the work he does now, makes his mixtapes sound worse in retrospect.

Don't worry. He won't stay pop.

After his albums flops, Jay will drop him and he'll be doing his gangster thing with Canibus.
DominoKid said:

He probably said "fayette-nam" around Jay one time and Jay prolly did one of those seinfeldgetup.jpg moves and ain't been back since.

PhoenixDark said:
Dude is a modern day Renaissance Man

His album with Statik Selectah is almost finished
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brLkWas0DSo

I think Action could blow up with the right label and A&R. That late 90 big east coast dip set sound. Good R&B single. Yeah. Statik is really hit or miss for me. As much as I need some more Bronsonelli, ugggh. I guess he works as a stepping stone. I dunno. Maybe it' the tags that get me. Just something about the dude makes me wanna stab something.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
DominoKid said:
i need Ferrari Boyz and WTT to leak before next thursday cause i got a loooooooong car ride to make.
Im flying to vegas next thursday. I would love some WTT to listen to.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PhoenixDark said:

Any Trey Songz feature is a waste of a feature.

Oh and Cole didn't say his album was gonna be worse than FNL. He said his mixtape was going to be worse because it wasn't going to be cohesive. He's been bigging up his album as being better than FNL forever.

TheOddOne

Speaking of Biggie, I just watched Notorious. WTF sugercoating dumbass movie is that? Terrible acting, terrible pandering, terrible everything.

RJT

YoungHav said:
Great! Can't wait to see the holiday themed "Me and my beach" and the Paintball anthem "Ready to Dye". And, of course, the Simpsons inspired "Moe Money, Moe Problems".

Detox

MF DOOM tour:
Sat, 5th – Roundhouse, London (with Ghostface Killah as part of Lex Records 10th Anniversary events)

*faps* no way is it going to be fake doom if ghost is there

Esch

Banned
HiResDes said:
I think I remember seeing someone talk about it, but what were thoughts on B's (Blu's) rereleased Jesus LP?

Wait wait did he remaster it? I remember hearing the first cut or whatever he randomly released with no hype behind it and it was ridiculously disappointing

kamspy

Has fixed dropped anything on gaf outside of so appalled? Because the only verse on that that really jumps out at me is soul creator.

Glass Rebel

ShinobiFist said:
First, this doesn't sound like that dated album you mention(36 chambers)U-God is only on two tracks. Laced Chebba is freaking amazing. The Killa Sin track is bonkers. This is not a Wu album, is more of the same as "The Wu meets Indie Culture" thing. And how can I forget the Meth track, shit goes hard. RZA solo joint is not bad. His producing got a lot better on the way he adds layers and shit. And most of the album is Ghost on it, so how is it boring, lol. Just get rid of the U-God tracks and you good.

You can't shit on 36 Chambers and say Legendary Weapons is good. There's 4/10 Ghost tracks and Legendary Weapons is hardly an amazing song. As I said, some ill verses being spitted, including those you mentioned but the beats, man, I just don't feel em. Ass is maybe a strong word but I am disappointed by this. Luckily it doesn't seem to be a RZA produced record.

Detox said:
MF DOOM tour:
Sat, 5th – Roundhouse, London (with Ghostface Killah as part of Lex Records 10th Anniversary events)

*faps* no way is it going to be fake doom if ghost is there

November, right? I've looked for an excuse to go to London for a long-ass time, might as well get me some DOOMSTARKS!

I fear the label is going to take over J Cole's creative process soon, and put more mainstream tracks on it. Dude has utterly failed to create a single. How hard is it to get some for the ladies/club beat with an r&b hook and a flashy video.

Last time I checked Work Out's video wasn't even on youtube. This is a disaster.

see5harp said:
Not sure who he is but he talkin shit about Ford & Lopatin and reps a shitty album from high school so good riddance. Also he watches wrestling I gather.
*Points at self.* And what's wrong with that?

see5harp said:
Just a joke. I know plenty here watch and enjoy wrestling.
It's all good, brah.

PhoenixDark said:
I fear the label is going to take over J Cole's creative process soon, and put more mainstream tracks on it. Dude has utterly failed to create a single. How hard is it to get some for the ladies/club beat with an r&b hook and a flashy video.

Last time I checked Work Out's video wasn't even on youtube. This is a disaster.
If it means getting his album released, then the label better get their hands on it. He really has failed to create a single. Do you remember Who Dat? Neither do I.

spindashing said:
If it means getting his album released, then the label better get their hands on it. He really has failed to create a single. Do you remember Who Dat? Neither do I.

The funny thing is that Who Dat made some impact on charts. Work Out got to 85 on the hot 100 then disappeared.

PhoenixDark said:
The funny thing is that Who Dat made some impact on charts. Work Out got to 85 on the hot 100 then disappeared.
Ouch...

Wasn't there a release date for his album -- November?

I still have an inkling of hope for it being good, but I find I can't listen to J. Cole these days actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom