• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT| of Listening to Classics (Not f&$@ing U-God)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Place to Ask I guess.

What are the worst rap label inspired film have you ever seen?

For me it's got to be State Property. It's hillaribad and features one of the most hilarious extras EVER! It's "dancers" auditioning and eventually turns into them stripping and getting naked. The funny part is they never even used anyone eventually and just filmed at a strip club! TRACK DOWN THE DVD (I'm sure you can find it for nothing at a bunch of places).

Though I have never tracked down Baller Blocking, I can't even imagine how bad that might be. I remember in high school working at a Video Update and this 15 year kid came to ask me, "um, do you have Baller Blocking in?"

Thinking of Cash Money Records makes want to start a thread on their hilariousness shitty covers. 400 Degreez being a great example.

On the bright side RZA's Kung Fu movie is going to be insanely great. A friend of mine did a lot of pre-production work on the film and lets just say the RZA has got his heart in the right place, has a lot of real old school stars (ie more than just Gordon, who IIRC is in the movie too). It's going to be a movie to watch for!

overcast said:
Lol I don't mind.

How was that new Blu mixtape? Track posted here is sex.

Cool. You ever see either of the movies?

Oh anyone have any idea why Masta Killa's No Said Date isn't on Spotify, despite being on Amazon MP3 and Itunes, it's an odd omission.

HiResDes

overcast said:
This makes me happy. I haven't heard about anything he's made since Below The Heavens. The fuck is up with him?
He's dropped like two or three mixtapes since that, all mostly solid...But this is coming from a semi-stan. Also Boss Co off of No York was tight as fuck.

TheOddOne

EschatonDX said:
wiat wait that was from a new mixtape?

FUCKdfainsdfaondf alright i gotta get on that.
NSD150-72.jpg

Recently, a mysterious album titled Jesus turned up on the popular music site Bandcamp, uploaded by an artist calling himself “b”. Soon, the LP was discovered to be the latest work from enigmatic L.A. rapper Blu, and within hours, it was the talk of the blogosphere. The album was soon removed, but now it’s back, this time in physical form. New World Color is proud to present the latest lo-fi masterpiece from one of hip-hop’s most intriguing figures. Officially the debut for alter-ego “b”, Jesus is sure to satisfy the cult-like fanbase that’s been steadily growing around the artist most famously known as Blu.

Tracklist:
1. n e w s h i t . (prod. by g o d lee barnes)
2. w h a t i f i w a s (prod. by Nathan)
3. o n t h e p o r c h (prod. by Nathan)
4. l u c k y . (prod. by g o d lee barnes)
5. d m v (prod. by g o d lee barnes)
6. b u r g a n d y (prod. by Hezekiah)
7. 4 u (prod. by Knxwledge)
8. d o o w h o p + (prod. by The Alchemist)
9. b i r d z n b ee z (prod. by 9th Wonder)
10. j e s u s (prod. by Madlib)
11. d o t h e k n x w l e d g e . (prod. by Knxwledge)

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Best Place to Ask I guess.

What are the worst rap label inspired film have you ever seen?

For me it's got to be State Property. It's hillaribad and features one of the most hilarious extras EVER! It's "dancers" auditioning and eventually turns into them stripping and getting naked. The funny part is they never even used anyone eventually and just filmed at a strip club! TRACK DOWN THE DVD (I'm sure you can find it for nothing at a bunch of places).

Though I have never tracked down Baller Blocking, I can't even imagine how bad that might be. I remember in high school working at a Video Update and this 15 year kid came to ask me, "um, do you have Baller Blocking in?"

Thinking of Cash Money Records makes want to start a thread on their hilariousness shitty covers. 400 Degreez being a great example.

On the bright side RZA's Kung Fu movie is going to be insanely great. A friend of mine did a lot of pre-production work on the film and lets just say the RZA has got his heart in the right place, has a lot of real old school stars (ie more than just Gordon, who IIRC is in the movie too). It's going to be a movie to watch for!

I don't really remember the bad ones much. I didn't realize RZA was still making that movie, I've been hearing about it for maybe the last 2 or 3 years.

Tguy said:
I don't really remember the bad ones much. I didn't realize RZA was still making that movie, I've been hearing about it for maybe the last 2 or 3 years.
Yeah, it's finally in production and shooting now. Its not based on anything from that trailer that was floating around a year or so ago.

On The Edge of Insanity said:
No Limit's 'I Got the Hookup' starring Master P is pretty horrific if my memory serves me correctly./QUOTE]
Master P made a movie? You know I vaguely remember hearing about that. I'm tempted to do a double feature of that and Baller Blocking with friends and lots of beer. Lol

Something that I doubt any of you have heard but may dig:

Vi - Supposed 2 Be from "The Take Off" hosted by DJ Skee

Some of you may know I've done some production and stuff.. That's one track I did a while back.

Also, that Blu/Asia track samples this: Montclairs - Dreaming Out Of Season

I sampled it for another song by the same artist from the first link that I'm trying to find a link to right now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TheOddOne said:
That was it? Blu I know you like to experiment and stuff but for godsake re-team with Exile so we can actually HEAR you spit.
Yup, hearing Blu not on Exile production made me open my eyes to the fact that he's at or below Mac Miller tier without proper production. I can't get excited after hearing all the oodles of absolute trash singles he's put out.

enzo_gt said:
Yup, hearing Blu not on Exile production made me open my eyes to the fact that he's at or below Mac Miller tier without proper production. I can't get excited after hearing all the oodles of absolute trash singles he's put out.

It's true. I don't understand how it's possible but this is true

CRS

HiResDes said:
Get the whole Jesus remaster bra.
So how does the remaster compare to the original?

I remember when he first dropped the tape on the Bandcamp page and it sounded like shit. Is the quality that much better? I loved the remastered version of HerFavoriteColo(u)r.

HiResDes

Blu's fine by himself, chill as hell and always waxing poetic...For people that are wondering, go to Itunes click preview all, and basically listen to half of the album for free. It's not hard.

Esch

Banned
Yeah, his only problem is that he's too chill and does those mumbly joints once in a while with no energy. He needs to put down the blunts for a minute and bring back the fire.

TheOddOne

EschatonDX said:
Yeah, his only problem is that he's too chill and does those mumbly joints once in a while with no energy. He needs to put down the blunts for a minute and bring back the fire.
He actually need to start rapping again, all this mubo jumbo experimental instrumental shit has to be put on the back burner.

CRS

Also,

DOOMSTARKS - Victory Laps "EP"

1. Victory Laps [Explicit]
2. Victory Laps (Instrumental)
3. Victory Laps (Madvillainz Remix) [Explicit]
4. Victory Laps (Madvillainz Remix Instrumental)
5. Victory Laps (Clean)
6. Victory Laps (Madvillainz Remix Clean)

$3.99 iTunes

$5.94 Amazon

So much for Madvillainz remix only getting released on that tape.

Recon

Banned
That prodigy audio book will be bought soon, that excerpt was really damn good. I have never went for audio book over paper, but this is something that sounds a lot better being told from the person.

kamspy

I've had the Prodigy book on my Kindle App for a while. It's good. You can tell it's mostly him too because the grammar is shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom