• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita US Launch Details (Launch Games, Accessory Pricing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In GameStop near my campus; apparantely Disgaea 3 is listed for release in April, and LEGO Batman 2 is $50. They also list a 4GB Starter Kit; don't know what's in it though..

Ok guys, I got a big problem. Was going to import Wifi Starter bundle from Amazon.ca, but they don't ship electronics to the US. What are my other options that aren't getting the US 3G model?

That is correct.

I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere, but it would be fucking stupid if you can't.

Hmm, this is swaying me toward a 3G model... So many choices =[. They shoulda just made 1 model lol.

asdad123

I'm still holding out for a B1G1@50% or a B2G1 offer for the launch. I fully expect someone to have a sale.

Got my power up rewards coupon B2G1 that expires the end of march so hopefully GS has a couple used vita games I can pick up by them.

Wifi Vita
32gb
Wipeout
Hori Screen Protector so far.

Debating on a case and the cradle.

Chocoboko

I'm still holding out for a B1G1@50% or a B2G1 offer for the launch. I fully expect someone to have a sale.
Ya, I learned my lesson the hard way with the 3DS. I am going to pick up the few games I know I will play right away and wait for a long as I can on the others. I am pretty sure Amazon will do a sale like this at some point in the next few months after launch. Seemed like the 3DS had a sale on games every other week.

kuroshiki

Ya, I learned my lesson the hard way with the 3DS. I am going to pick up the few games I know I will play right away and wait for a long as I can on the others. I am pretty sure Amazon will do a sale like this at some point in the next few months after launch. Seemed like the 3DS had a sale on games every other week.

For me it doesn't matter since I'm going DD exclusively for this badboy.

Chocoboko

As we move closer to launch and all these awesome gameplay videos keep coming out of japanGAF I am finding it harder and harder not to just bite the bullet and get the first edition bundle. I cannot wait to get my hands on the Vita.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
Is it only GameStop charging more than $29.99 for some of the launch titles? I don't want this move to become the norm for other stores. $29.99 is such a great deal..

Apath

Is it only GameStop charging more than $29.99 for some of the launch titles? I don't want this move to become the norm for other stores. $29.99 is such a great deal..
Vita titles range from $30 (good deal), to $40 (a good high-end standard price), to $50 (Uncharted, AKA rip-off). There are a few exceptions: Wipeout is $40 at Gamestop but seemingly $30 everywhere else. Uncharted is $40 at the Sony Style store.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
I see. I'm just kind of worried that at launch will be the only exception we get newly released titles at $29. Just to appeal people to buy the Vita. Then after that $39 and above the norm.

UFRA

I wonder if I should ditch the starter kit and get a bigger memory card?

I would imagine the speakers on the Vita are much better than PSP's speakers, therefore decreasing the need to have earbuds...

Plus I already have microfiber cloths around the house.

And, I could get that other Sony-made Vita case which looks a bit better instead.

Oh decisions........

Edit: Although in public areas the earbuds will be nice. And I'm going to use it 90% for gaming so maybe 4GB is enough??? D:

graywolf323

I wonder if I should ditch the starter kit and get a bigger memory card?

I would imagine the speakers on the Vita are much better than PSP's speakers, therefore decreasing the need to have earbuds...

Plus I already have microfiber cloths around the house.

And, I could get that other Sony-made Vita case which looks a bit better instead.

Oh decisions........

Edit: Although in public areas the earbuds will be nice. And I'm going to use it 90% for gaming so maybe 4GB is enough??? D:

honestly the starter kit isn't a bad deal but the problem is there is a better set of earbuds made by Sony for the Vita, there are better cases, bigger memory cards and the Hori screen protector is most likely better as well

you'd probably be better off spending a little bit more but getting better quality (case, earbuds and Hori screen protector comes to $47 on Amazon)

earbuds - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006PP3ZK6/?tag=neogaf0e-20
case - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006IL3C/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Hori screen protector - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006VE40JQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

UFRA

honestly the starter kit isn't a bad deal but the problem is there is a better set of earbuds made by Sony for the Vita, there are better cases, bigger memory cards and the Hori screen protector is most likely better as well

you'd probably be better off spending a little bit more but getting better quality (case, earbuds and Hori screen protector comes to $47 on Amazon)

earbuds - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006PP3ZK6/?tag=neogaf0e-20
case - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006IL3C/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Hori screen protector - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006VE40JQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You make good points. I agree.

Although I will save the money from the screen protector and spend it on a bigger card instead.

Update: The deed is done. lol

Starter Kit sacrificed for....16GB card, alternate case, and alternate ear buds. :)

New total is now $490 for all my Vita stuff, but it's all good!

Does that usually happen with new system launches?

It happened at the launch of the 3DS. I remember being at Toys R Us the second it opened to buy some games cuz of the sale and was amazed that nobody was there to buy a 3DS. There's a really good chance someone will have some sort of sale on games during the launch.

VanWinkle

As we move closer to launch and all these awesome gameplay videos keep coming out of japanGAF I am finding it harder and harder not to just bite the bullet and get the first edition bundle. I cannot wait to get my hands on the Vita.

I know, man! I don't want the 3G version, but I'm going to have the money to get it on the 15th from my income taxes, and it's going to be near impossible to wait another week, knowing I could get it on the 15th. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Do we have any idea yet if the PSN versions of the retail games will be discounted? And if so by how much? I tweeted to Q? asking if Lumines was going to be a PSN title and they said yeah, but wouldnt say how much. I definitely want to buy the PSN versions of all games that I know I'd never trade in, and Lumines is one of them.

anddo0

Do we have any idea yet if the PSN versions of the retail games will be discounted? And if so by how much? I tweeted to Q? asking if Lumines was going to be a PSN title and they said yeah, but wouldnt say how much. I definitely want to buy the PSN versions of all games that I know I'd never trade in, and Lumines is one of them.

I know PSN versions will be cheaper by default. Sony recently stopped charging tax on PSN titles. The physical copy of HGS is $33 after tax, whereas the PSN version would be $29.99 even.

I know PSN versions will be cheaper by default. Sony recently stopped charging tax on PSN titles. The physical copy of HGS is $33 after tax, whereas the PSN version would be $29.99 even.

There is no standard tax and many of us live in states without sales tax.

theBishop

Banned
I see. I'm just kind of worried that at launch will be the only exception we get newly released titles at $29. Just to appeal people to buy the Vita. Then after that $39 and above the norm.

If you look at Amazon, Uncharted seems to be the only game selling for $50. Other games are $30 and $40. It does look like 3rd parties are leaning toward $40. I guess "The Market" will decide. Support Katamari if you want $30 games.

Thanks.

The number of wifi hotspots is rather pathetic in my city, IF i got a 3g, I can still use the GPS without using the 3g correct?

Why hello there, unanswerable question...

I've had this question for a very long time and I've gotten 'concrete' answers on both sides; YES you can, NO you can NOT, GPS + 3G is one chip (that much is true), so you need 3G on and paid for to use the GPS...

I saw here on GAF that Yoshida mentioned that a 3G Vita FAQ is coming, which would give us 'all the details pre-purchase'. I'm hoping I can finally learn; can I use the GPS, mostly for Near, without paying those outrageous 3G data prices? If so, consider me in for the First Edition Bundle.

graywolf323

hasn't it been confirmed by people here on GAF that bought the Japanese 3G version that GPS works just fine without 3G?

Why hello there, unanswerable question...

I've had this question for a very long time and I've gotten 'concrete' answers on both sides; YES you can, NO you can NOT, GPS + 3G is one chip (that much is true), so you need 3G on and paid for to use the GPS...

I saw here on GAF that Yoshida mentioned that a 3G Vita FAQ is coming, which would give us 'all the details pre-purchase'. I'm hoping I can finally learn; can I use the GPS, mostly for Near, without paying those outrageous 3G data prices? If so, consider me in for the First Edition Bundle.

just because something is on the same chip doesn't mean both things have to be on at the same time

Yuripaw

Banned
For those debating about the first edition bundle...I guess think of this way. Stop thinking about the price so much, and think about what it comes with. To you, is that stuff you'd actually want?

At first I was just going to get the regular wifi version myself for $250...but then I kept looking at the first edition bundle. I didn't want the 3g version at first, because I didn't wanna start paying for the service and I didn't think I'd use it., so that wasn't a real big selling point for me. However I guess it would be nice to have the option if say next year, I finally start taking advantage of it.

Looking at the other stuff coming with the bundle though, if you have the money, it doesn't seem too bad of a deal. The carrying case it comes with actually looks quite nice, and the places to put more Vita games is definitely a plus. I was going to be getting a memory stick, and while 4gb is kinda small, it'll get me started for the first few months at least. Little Deviants actually looks like a game I'd like to play. It looks like a fun diversion, and a cool way to check out the features of the Vita.

I have the money, and I'm excited enough to want to get it a week early so I decided to preorder the first edition bundle. I weighed the value, and to me it's worth it. Ask yourselves these questions. If money is not an issue, and you're excited, or you think the items in the bundle are cool, then it's worth considering.

EDIT: omg, why do I always end up posting the last post of a page? no one's ever gonna see this, lol

shpankey

not an idiot
Vita
F1 2011
Wipeout

Wait for a used copy of Uncharted in a few months from eBay, play through and sell it back again.

graywolf323

For those debating about the first edition bundle...I guess think of this way. Stop thinking about the price so much, and think about what it comes with. To you, is that stuff you'd actually want?

At first I was just going to get the regular wifi version myself for $250...but then I kept looking at the first edition bundle. I didn't want the 3g version at first, because I didn't wanna start paying for the service and I didn't think I'd use it., so that wasn't a real big selling point for me. However I guess it would be nice to have the option if say next year, I finally start taking advantage of it.

Looking at the other stuff coming with the bundle though, if you have the money, it doesn't seem too bad of a deal. The carrying case it comes with actually looks quite nice, and the places to put more Vita games is definitely a plus. I was going to be getting a memory stick, and while 4gb is kinda small, it'll get me started for the first few months at least. Little Deviants actually looks like a game I'd like to play. It looks like a fun diversion, and a cool way to check out the features of the Vita.

I have the money, and I'm excited enough to want to get it a week early so I decided to preorder the first edition bundle. I weighed the value, and to me it's worth it. Ask yourselves these questions. If money is not an issue, and you're excited, or you think the items in the bundle are cool, then it's worth considering.

EDIT: omg, why do I always end up posting the last post of a page? no one's ever gonna see this, lol

now they will :p

and I fully agree with you as well, not to mention the perk of getting it a week early too

plus you can turn around and sell the 4GB stick and Little Deviants if you don't want them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom