• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

eKp55l.jpg

Oh so nice. Etrian Odyssey 2 and 3 are brand new. I won the eBay auction they were in for $71.

catchan

Neo Member
Mind blown. ... is that a really small PS3 case or really large kinder eggs. :-/

The PS3 case is a normal one, around Easter they sell those for 3€ and something in Germany. They are very big though, the capsule in the inside barely fits in my hand ;-)

Kinder Ei has the best chocolate shell ever, it's so sweet.

After I tried my first (and last) Hershey's chocolate bar I totally agree with you.

Tunic

A few more pickups from Gamestop yesterday:

6GWW1.jpg
4PwIk.jpg

One of the main reasons I went to Gamestop yesterday was to pickup the art book for preordering Xenoblade Chronicles. They finally received them or decided to look for them in their stockroom, but I appreciated that they gave me a call back.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I was playing Gauntlet 2 with three friends the other day for at least 6 hours non-stop. The game just went on and on, but it was great fun. Do you have to Four Score too?

no i dont got the multitap but back 80s my cousin did we all used to play the shit out of the first gauntlet with it

Tobe

went to do some school shopping. initially i was looking for this book with a marvel cover but didnt find so i took the next best thing
also bought a funny book.
HoXz2.jpg

new printer cause my last HP one was ASS
GnPkJ.jpg

FTJVZ.jpg

fuck yeah for wifi printing.

Koralsky

Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 - great laptop for the price:

Intel Core i7-2670QM (2.20/3.10GHz 6 MB Cache); NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M 2GB DDR3; 8GB DDR3 1333MHz

img1551zm.jpg

---
img1553o.jpg

---
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7943/img1562rj.jpg
---
img1586i.jpg

Also, some new games:

img1588st.jpg

---
img1591gcp.jpg

And some classic games:

img1592qb.jpg

kHUAOLoMUywkN.jpg

Best running shoes I've ever owned. Saucony's are ridiculously comfy. Loving the 680, way better than my 460's. The CPU cooler is excellent as well, lets me overclock comfortably to 3.8 Ghz.

Madworld - $5
Golden Sun - $20
Xenoblade Chronicles Art Book - Priceless

Finally found the art book! Stroke of luck, I guess. Already have the game, as posted earlier in this thread.

LENGK.jpg

Got my second Mondo poster, and got it framed (#40/375 !):

FB5sX.jpg

Looks good next to my first Mondo poster:

uK9Eu.jpg

The rest of these pics are pretty big so I'll quote the rest:

New Watch (got it a few days ago, so it was dusty when I put it back in the case):

kh5YU.jpg

Godfather Collection:

bBuVa.jpg

And Cards Against Humanity. Not pictured is the first expansion:

P83Y7.jpg

If anyone is interested, HERE is an album with detail shots from the Brazil poster.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Got my second Mondo poster, and got it framed (#40/375 !):

http://i.imgur.com/FB5sX.jpg?1[IMG]

Looks good next to my first Mondo poster:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uK9Eu.jpg?1/IMG]

The rest of these pics are pretty big so I'll quote the rest:

If anyone is interested, [URL="http://imgur.com/a/voCCN#0"]HERE[/URL] is an album with detail shots from the Brazil poster.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to join us in the [url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441170]Mondo / Art Prints thread :)[/url]

-PXG-

PAX East shiz

J5rie.jpg

7O8lb.jpg

PIPWA.jpg

Qd0Hu.jpg

cf4KV.jpg

L9IRY.jpg

k1i0R.jpg

Me (drunk as fuck), Suda and Jessica Nigiri

Lc1V0.jpg

Me (terrible angle..ugghhh) and Triforce

YKjvR.jpg

Me (wtf?), Cliff Bleszinski and (Dr.) Mike Capps

BZy6T.jpg

Met this lovely at the bar upstairs at the expo. Not the best angel but she looked goooooooood. Big Gears fan and from NJ. Got her number ;) (too bad I have a GF now....) Future wife? Hmmm?

Blunt

Banned
Does your current GF brave nerd conventions and play kinky dress up? If the answer is 'no' then use those digits and upgrade, son.

Could be your ultimate pick-up....

-PXG-

Does your current GF brave nerd conventions and play kinky dress up? If the answer is 'no' then use those digits and upgrade, son.

Could be your ultimate pick-up....

Haha. I know right. Attractive, likes beer, funny, lives in Jersey, LOVES Gears? Um, hello? WIFE MATERIAL!!! Put a ring on dat finger.

But in all seriousness, the girl I'm seeing now is into games too. Maybe not a cosplayer (which I'm not really a fan of, to be perfectly honest), but still a great girl, nonetheless. Oh, and she (GF, not Gears girl) said she wants to go to future events with me. So there you go :)

Blunt

Banned
Haha. I know right. Attractive, likes beer, funny, lives in Jersey, LOVES Gears? Um, hello? WIFE MATERIAL!!! Put a ring on dat finger.

But in all seriousness, the girl I'm seeing now is into games too. Maybe not a cosplayer (which I'm not really a fan of, to be perfectly honest), but still a great girl, nonetheless. Oh, and she (GF, not Gears girl) said she wants to go to future events with me. So there you go :)

Use the trial mode before parting with your space bucks and cancelling your subscription with your current.......provider.......something about DLC?

Bah, screw the euphemisms. Go get coffee, or better yet delicious beer, and see if there's a spark. Have a crack or spend the rest of your life thinking 'what if?'.

Damn man! Seems like you had a good time! Seems like girls out there are very outgoing. I go to cons and shit and girls are always nervous or self-conscious or whatever
or fat and stinky

But nice PAX swag though! Now to put it all in a time capsule like they said for you to do as a kid and come back in 20 years.

-PXG-

Use the trial mode before parting with your space bucks and cancelling your subscription with your current.......provider.......something about DLC?

Bah, screw the euphemisms. Go get coffee, or better yet delicious beer, and see if there's a spark. Have a crack or spend the rest of your life thinking 'what if?'.

I don't wanna cheat though. I'm a loyal, one woman man once I got a lady. Gotta be respectful...I know...it's tempting, but I can't. But yeah, she was nice.

Damn man! Seems like you had a good time! Seems like girls out there are very outgoing. I go to cons and shit and girls are always nervous or self-conscious or whatever
or fat and stinky

But nice PAX swag though! Now to put it all in a time capsule like they said for you to do as a kid and come back in 20 years.

Overall, everyone was very polite and well mannered. No one smelled bad either. I guess people actually showered and applied deodorant too. Thank goodness.

I was surprised at the amount of attractive females, especially at a video game convention. Lord.

Well played Boston, well played...

Blunt

Banned
I don't wanna cheat though. I'm a loyal, one woman man once I got a lady. Gotta be respectful...I know...it's tempting, but I can't. But yeah, she was nice.

At the risk of further derailing this thread, since when has meeting someone for a beverage and a chat been considered cheating?

Now if you find yourself under that person in the reverse cowgirl position and screaming "HERE COMES THE COLE TRAIN, BABY! WOO WOO!" hours later, that could be a grey area.

Daante

I though i should celebrate the easter with posting my first ever pick up post in this thread :)

Ico HD Collection and MGS HD collection
aPOJq.jpg

MGS3 looks OMFG-WTF-AWESOME IN HD!!!!!!!!!! , seems to run in smooth 60 fps aswell <3 . I never played either Ico or Soc back in the days so i guess im in for a threat there :D

Onkyo TX-NR509

dYzp9.jpg

My first amplifier purchase in 8 years (had a old reference Pioneer before this Onkyo). Really happy with this Onkyo and got it for a great price aswell. Only thing i would want is some sort of screensaver function to kick in whenever you stream music.

Microsoft Arc Wireless keyboard and Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse G400
Byszv.jpg

Really satisfied with both the mouse and the keyboard, the mouse especially. Great work Logitech!

Sony Xperia S smartphone

cZu9o.jpg

After having my iphone 3gs for almost 3 years i felt it was time to try something new, and also break out of apples eco-system. At first i thought this phone was a little to big compared to what i was used to, but now i really like the larger size compared to my previous iphone.

The battery life was NOT good in the beginning and quite frankly i was a bit worried.. Now though with the lastest firmware update (think its something .73 called) this phone has been running for over 2 days without need to charging.. The camera is fantastic, takes really great shots both in light and dark environments (no need for having a extra compact camera anymore whenever i travel yay!). The phone runs and eats everything i trow at it , doing so in a very pleasant and fast speed aswell. I am now extremely happy with my purchase! Bravo Sony bravo!

milkham

Not really a game but it`s something I got from a Goodwill store when I was passing by the area.

DSCN9920.jpg

Robotech Genesis (#1) for $2.50
As a fan of the original Robotech show, this book is actually not too bad to read from the couple chapter I read.

oh wow! i read a whole bunch of those robotech novels when i was younger

Sylver

Banned
$370 for a TV show?! I commend you for your dedication, but damn! Why does it cost so much?

It's usual price for japanese anime BD/DVD season boxes, and that's the reason why many and recently more licensed anime do not contain japanese track (to avoid reverse import) and more of those boxes contain english subtitles (to improve japanese export).

Top Bottom