• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atilac

When I'm gone, I wish it to be known that I fought for Gaf valiantly.

917924-1CZRHJE.jpg

McNei1y

When I'm gone, I wish it to be known that I fought for Gaf valiantly.

Yo *are* Izick! And you see a whole army of GAF members, here in defiance of tyranny. You've come to fight as a free man... and a free man you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
If this topic is still here when I wake up, I want you all to know: I was the one who ate the last cookie from the cookie jar.

Somewhere in the GAF ministry of information a mod is unrolling cylinders of paper full of gifs, which flopped out of pneumatic tubes onto his desk. He then talks into his speakwrite for a while. Then he throws the cylinders of paper into a slit for the disposal of waste paper. For some reason these slits are nicknamed memory holes

Kabouter

Somewhere in the GAF ministry of information a mod is unrolling cylinders of paper full of gifs, which flopped out of pneumatic tubes onto his desk. He then talks into his speakwrite for a while. Then he throws the cylinders of paper into a slit for the disposal of waste paper. For some reason these slits are nicknamed memory holes

Sacrifices must be made in the war against Eastasia.

I just want to say that *KABOUTER IS HANDSOME, VERILE, AND INCREDIBLY INTELLIGENT* and that's why I'm scared of bees.

Liar.

Steamlord

"Michael. Dear Michael. Of course it's you, who else could they send, who else could be trusted? I... I know it's a long way and you're ready to go to work... all I'm saying is wait, just wait, just-just-just... please hear me out because this is not an episode, relapse, fuck-up, it's... I'm begging you Michael. I'm begging you. Try and make believe this is not just madness because this is not just madness. Two weeks ago I came out of the building, okay, I'm running across Sixth Avenue, there's a car waiting, I got exactly 38 minutes to get to the airport and I'm dictating. There's this, this panicked associate sprinting along beside me, scribbling in a notepad, and suddenly she starts screaming, and I realize we're standing in the middle of the street, the light's changed, there's this wall of traffic, serious traffic speeding towards us, and I... I-I freeze, I can't move, and I'm suddenly consumed with the overwhelming sensation that I'm covered with some sort of film. It's in my hair, my face... it's like a glaze... like a... a coating, and... at first I thought, oh my god, I know what this is, this is some sort of amniotic - embryonic - fluid. I'm drenched in afterbirth, I've-I've breached the chrysalis, I've been reborn. But then the traffic, the stampede, the cars, the trucks, the horns, the screaming and I'm thinking no-no-no-no, reset, this is not rebirth, this is some kind of giddy illusion of renewal that happens in the final moment before death. And then I realize no-no-no, this is completely wrong because I look back at the building and I had the most stunning moment of clarity. I... I... I... I realized Michael, that I had emerged not from the doors of Kenner, Bach, and Ledeen, not through the portals of our vast and powerful law firm, but from the asshole of an organism whose sole function is to excrete the... the-the-the poison, the ammo, the defoliant necessary for other, larger, more powerful organisms to destroy the miracle of humanity. And that I had been coated in this patina of shit for the best part of my life. The stench of it and the stain of it would in all likelihood take the rest of my life to undo. And you know what I did? I took a deep cleansing breath and I set that notion aside. I tabled it. I said to myself as clear as this may be, as potent a feeling as this is, as true a thing as I believe that I have witnessed today, it must wait. It must stand the test of time. And Michael, the time is now."

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Reaction gifs are overboard on the off-topic forum right now, some action to be taken.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
It seems this rather silly thread of sleep deprived people has actually sparked some change, that was unexpected.

Actually I had just brought it up a few hours ago in the mod channel that reaction gifs past the first one for any given post should start being deleted ;b

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
It seems this rather silly thread of sleep deprived people has actually sparked some change, that was unexpected.
How in the hell would you know if I were sleep deprived. The hell.

I've eaten like 4 bowls of coco puffs so now the milk is all chocolatey and stuff
Coco puffs? Eugh.

Reaction gifs are overboard on the off-topic forum right now, some action to be taken.
Alright, I guess it's time we go back to reaction ASCIIs.

Atilac

gifs of fine women with forked tongues and picking their noses are not reaction gifs.
This is oppression of the highest order!!!

Roche

Actually I had just brought it up a few hours ago in the mod channel that reaction gifs past the first one for any given post should start being deleted ;b

That's reasonable enough, threads seem to get kind of bogged down with the gifs sometimes. Occasionally it's funny but most of the time it's the same old stuff.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Unfortunately I am not part of the oppressors, so it is not up to me.

gifs of fine women with forked tongues and picking their noses are not reaction gifs.
This is oppression of the highest order!!!
This! The reaction to gifs, even when not of the reaction variety, is something of which I cannot approve! It is totalitarianism! It is against humanity's great creative variety!

uVU5Z.png

Not that I abuse them much as it is, but does this mean

1) I can post a reaction gif once in a post, and any other gifs in said post will get deleted
2) I can post a reaction gif once in a post, and any other gifs of mine in the thread will get deleted (provided I'm going overboard)

Or something else entirely? I'm already sleepy, so I could be misunderstanding.

I'm going to bed. Keep this thread on topic of not having a topic active. I've taking something to help me sleep. So this thread will be the place I talk about one of my dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom