• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, any other people at the circuit besides yourself?
Actually it's extremely busy. But as usual, no one gives a rats ass about the race, they are more interested in the events surrounding the circuit

People were just getting into the circuit while we were leaving lol

Kimi will be on the podium. I'm sure of that

Seeing where grosjean ended I'm not that pissed anymore and I'm looking at it positively. Did he save 1 or 2 sets?

I'm in the local market now, it changed so much since my last time

It's probably because they pulled out of P2 early, because they had safety concerns.

Ya but what happened?

Edit: oh really? Good they're overreacting. Attention whores. There's nothing to be concerned about at all, especially the main roads. I've been going around all of Bahrain and didn't see anything that could cause any danger not even remotely. Unless force India went to the villages? I can't see a reaso. For them to go there though

Omiee

Ya but what happened?

Edit: oh really? Good they're overreacting. Attention whores. There's nothing to be concerned about at all, especially the main roads. I've been going around all of Bahrain and didn't see anything that could cause any danger not even remotely. Unless force India went to the villages? I can't see a reaso. For them to go there though

Their bus was attacked if im not mistaken, thats why a few of theam members left bahrain.

Their bus was attacked if im not mistaken, thats why a few of theam members left bahrain.

It wasn't they were in a place where a road block or something was out by protesters, it didn't even last few minutes until the road got cleared and they were on their way

Bunch of pussies. I partially attended the anti govt protest in budaya yesterday and went to some villages where the real action was happening.

They're seaking attention, it's very clear

Ark

It wasn't they were in a place where a road block or something was out by protesters, it didn't even last few minutes until the road got cleared and they were on their way

Bunch of pussies. I partially attended the anti govt protest in budaya yesterday and went to some villages where the real action was happening.

Have you been drinking today?

Were you there with them at the time? Did you see what went down? Do you know how worried/scared many of their employees were as a result?

You sound like a fucking tool here mate. FI were looking after their team. Just because you feel safe doesn't mean they do.

Omiee

You really are a jerk. How can you think like that.

Salacious Crumb

I think it's time to stop posting now...

Pterion

Moron.

iIU07.gif

You really are a jerk. How can you think like that.

Well, out of all the teams they are the only ones! That says something.

And how stupid it is to leave the circuit early yesterday for safety measures and show up at the quali today which is in a later time of the date! sorry but that sounds stupid and very deliberate to get some media attention, the race is at even a later timing and if the protesters would do something it will surely be on race day

If their reason is genuine they would've abandoned the race altogether and not choose to leave just a couple of hours and skip a session with no legal consequences

Lucius86

Banned
MJ, sorry but that's just idiotic. Simple. The team had two of their colleagues and FRIENDS caught up in violence and got lucky. What you are saying is just utterly ridiculous.

You're talking a lot of shit about something you know nothing about.

I'll believe they did it over valid safety concerns over your idiotic rambling any day. You were posting the other day about going to the unsafe zones for a thrill. Says it all about how seriously we should take your view on this.

MJ, sorry but that's just idiotic. Simple. The team had two of their colleagues and FRIENDS caught up in violence and got lucky. What you are saying is just utterly ridiculous.

Why don't they leave then? It's doesnt make any sense to abandon what it seems like a carefully selected session? They could always evacuate most of their team and run on the minimum personnel possible just to honor the contract

Sorry I don't buy it.

moojito

A member of NeoGAF, just like you, who has just as much weight to add to a discussion as anyone else here.

When the contribution to the discussion is just a single derogatory word instead of putting forward an opinion (no matter how unpopular), then no, they don't.

Lucius86

Banned
When the contribution to the discussion is just a single derogatory word instead of putting forward an opinion (no matter how unpopular), then no, they don't.

Maybe, but saying "Who are you?" means that you think you are above that person in status. Which irked me, because we are all equals here i.e. nothing.

Maybe, but saying "Who are you?" means that you think you are above that person in status. Which irked me, because we are all equals here i.e. nothing.

We're a small community here, if it came from u or someone else I would be more tolerant because were actually here to discuss the sport and it's normal to disagree, but to get called a moron by a random person who I don't even remember have ever contributed anything to our thread is not tolerable

It should be banable behavior

Edit: I don't think we're all equal here, I would never stoop to that level and call anyone here names. And mind you I've been attacked personally here and been called names for simply stating my opinion which I'm entitled to have. For u to stand by a guy because I told him "who are you?", maybe you should've took a stance against the others who have called me names as well. I think you should direct your preaching somewhere else

Pterion

We're a small community here, if it came from u or someone else I would be more tolerant because were actually here to discuss the sport and it's normal to disagree, but to get called a moron by a random person who I don't even remember have ever contributed anything to our thread is not tolerable

Edit: I don't think we're all equal here, I would never stoop to that level and call anyone here names. And mind you I've been attacked personally here and been called names for simply stating my opinion which I'm entitled to have. For u to stand by a guy because I told him "who are you?", maybe you should've took a stance against the others who have called me names as well. I think you should direct your preaching somewhere else
I was out of line and I apologize. Still a jerky thing to say about the whole Bahrain situation, but I took it way too far. My bad.

A mindset like this was the downfall of NBA-GAF.

Dilly

Banned
Even if it was a roadblock, it doesn't fucking matter.

These people signed up to work for an F1 team, that line of work shouldn't include going to unstable regions where violance occurs against an opressive regime.

You chose to go there, they did not.

Even if it was a roadblock, it doesn't fucking matter.

These people signed up to work for an F1 team, that line of work shouldn't include going to unstable regions where violance occurs against an opressive regime.

You chose to go there, they did not.

There's nothing wrong with that. A Porsche team chose not to come at all. The way FI did it was clearly to seal some attention while not losing anything

They should've left the whole thing and not FP2! Why not the quali? What comes first? Isn't it safety?

And if I'm not wrong I think sauber had a similar incident

Edit: seems like I didn't make myself clear, I'm. It against them protecting themselves and their personnel. It'strue I think it's not dangerous but this is subjective. I'm totally against how they want to capita
I've on what happened to get more media coverage. Bernie was on it, and he made them pay for it

With all due respect to the other opinions, I'm happy they got this treatment. I would have supported them if they chose the abandon the whole weekend

Dilly

Banned
A Porsche team has no relevance to F1.

Do you know about the consequences when FI would've pulled out? They already didn't get any coverage because they abandoned FP2. I don't see the problem.

Leunam

eh2fI.png

2011 Race Summary

The 2011 Bahrain Grand Prix (formally the 2011 Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix) was scheduled to be the opening round for the 2011 Formula One season. Planned to be held on 13 March 2011 at the Bahrain International Circuit in Sakhir, Bahrain, it was postponed on 21 February 2011 due to the 2011-2012 Bahraini uprising. On 3 June, it was announced that the race would be held on 30 October, thus making it round 17 of the 20 to be held during 2011. Following controversy over the reinstatement of the race, organizers of the Grand Prix abandoned their bid to host a race in 2011.

Circuit Info

5mdPW.jpg

XR8gX.png

Laps
57​
Circuit length
5.412 km (3.363 mi)​
Race length
308.405 km (191.634 mi)​
Lap Record
Michael Schumacher - Ferrari - 2004 - 1:30.252​
Most Wins (Drivers)
Fernando Alonso (3)​
Most Wins (Constructors)
Ferrari (4)​

Previous Winners

2011 - Race Not Held
2010 - Fernando Alonso for Ferrari
2009 - Jenson Button for Brawn-Mercedes
2008 - Felipe Massa for Ferrari
2007 - Felipe Massa for Ferrari
2006 - Fernando Alonso for Renault
2005 - Fernando Alonso for Renault

Videos highlighting the Bahrain GP

Highlights from the 2009 Bahrain GP

Changes from 2011

-The Bahrain Grand Prix will revert to using the 15-corner Grand Prix Circuit configuration last used in 2009 rather than the Endurance Circuit configuration used in 2010.
-There have been no changes to the Grand Prix Circuit since 2009.

GP Facts

-Both GP2 and GP2 Asia have been frequent visitors to this track. Before his F1 victory in China, Nico Rosberg's previous single-seater victories were here in Bahrain at the final races of the first GP2 season. Uniquely for that season the Bahrain rounds were a standalone event rather than F1 support races. Rosberg won both the feature and sprint races and became the first driver to win both during the same GP2 meeting. In doing so he clinched the inaugural GP2 title. Other Bahrain GP2 winners now racing in F1 are Romain Grosjean, Kamui Kobayashi, Sergio Pérez and Charles Pic.
-Located near the coast in a region predominantly flat, racing at BIC can be affected when the wind changes direction. When headwinds and tailwinds swap on the long straights cars can suffer from seventh gears that are either too short or too long.
-The surface of the track is made of Graywacke aggregate, shipped from a quarry in Shropshire, England. Graywacke is a type of sandstone prized by racing circuits for offering a high level of grip. Yas Marina, home of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix uses the same aggregate in its circuit construction.
-The Bahrain International Circuit has two main pit complexes and six potential layouts. Alongside the Grand Prix and Endurance layouts, there is an Inner Circuit, Outer Circuit, Paddock Circuit (as used in the Australian V8 touring car series) and a Flat Oval. It also incorporates a drag strip.

MUBIM.jpg

Drivers Championship
D8UT3.png

Constructors Championship
LnJ3w.png

Fantasy League Championship
5kTU9.png

duckroll

I missed qualifying because I was tired earlier and took a nap instead. The results are pretty interesting, with the Red Bulls back at the top... but now I'm reading about the Force India scandal and it really makes this entire race weekend feel like one massive facepalm. The FIA and the FOM have really outdone themselves at making this entire event look terrible so far imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom