• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Did anyone else notice a lot of the Q3 times were actually worse than Q2, both Rosberg and Lewis did a 1:32.2 in Q2 and pole wasn't close to it. This tyre management thing is crazy stuff, get the feeling something will explode in the dessert tomorrow, should be interesting.

The tyre performance window seems very narrow. If you are in it at the right time, you can be quickest by a large margin.
This track seems to be open to the elements so the shifting wind & track temp is effecting each teams car in different ways.
RBR were in that perfect window at the end of Q3 where as they weren't at the beginning of Q3 & Q2

One thing I also noticed was that everyone from 1st to 15th in Q2 were within a second of the fastest car, and everyone who ran in Q3 were also within a second of the fastest car.

Once again Kimi was not able to defeat Alonso, who was in the slower car.

Cb0qQ.jpg

Jerk, we didn't ask you to go to Bahrain, we didn't ask you to set up a twitter account, we didn't ask for you to get an 'inside opinion', stop trying to guilt-trip us.

You called Force India a bunch of pussies, and when you realised that no one here agreed with you, you tried your usual 'let's agree to disagree? :)', as if putting smiley faces on everything was suddenly going to make it all better.

It's absolutely ludicrous to think Force India hindered their own efforts this weekend for media coverage, which backfired regardless thanks to FOM being whiny fools.

For someone who claims they've been watching Formula 1 for a long time, you sure don't seem to show it. Don't claim that I'm 'personally attacking' you either, that's just your way of interpreting other peoples conflicting opinions.

You can't ask for a 'respectful response' either (whatever that means in this context) when you ask to not talk about politics (in Formula 1? You're crazy) and then you come out with something so outrageously political like you did.

No disrespect but I actually stopped reading your replies after you unnecessarily started targeting me! first with how I post the news, then with the kimi pics and now this?

I'd choose agreeing to disagree rather than to get into a fight and call each other names.

You're good with words I'm not. good for you, but that doesn't make your argument any stronger. If you go back, almost no one actually debated the thing. All they did is act all outrages with my opinion and how stupid I am to think that way! seriously? for people who are calling for Bahrain GP to be cancelled for not having enough freedom, this is just ironic.

This is my opinion. I still think its the right one, if you don't like it, well, I'd like to hear why or just move on?

This is the last time I reply on something off-topic. especially from you

Ark

I swear I'm the F1 anti-christ or something.

Every week now I've had Vettel down to win every race (except China) and take pole this season, this week I decided to pick Hamilton for pole and win, and Button for second and Vettel for third.

Vettel takes pole, Vettel will almost undoubtedly win the race tomorrow (precedent) and Button won't finish second, Hamilton will probably retire somewhere and end his steak of thirds too.

I wonder, if I stop using the fantasy league and trying to make predictions for each race, will my favourites win? ..

This is the last time I reply on something off-topic. especially from you

In all fairness, I was only saying what everyone else that replied to your post was thinking. At least I didn't just call you an idiot this time, we're making progress.

You mean like in China? Or Malaysia? Or Melbourne?

its just luck. He'll get him this time.. he'll get him good..

This is what Kimi had to say about it

"It will be more difficult [with tyres] here than it was in China, but I think everybody has the same issues.

"That's one of the reasons why we didn't go through [to Q3], but hopefully it will pay off tomorrow."

Alonso really does get the maximum out of his car. Its not down to luck, his smart, consistant, a team leader and very wise. He reminds me of Schumacer in his prime. If only he had a car that was fast enough, all he needs is a car 2-3 tenths off the pace, his talent can do the rest. ;)

its just luck. He'll get him this time.. he'll get him good..

This is what Kimi had to say about it

I hope Kimi does have a good race, as long as it doesn't compromise Alonso's race.

Alonso really does get the maximum out of his car. Its not down to luck, his smart, consistant, a team leader and very wise. He reminds me of Schumacer in his prime. If only he had a car that was fast enough, all he needs is a car 2-3 tenths off the pace, his talent can do the rest. ;)

I hope Kimi does have a good race, as long as it doesn't compromise Alonso's race.

Alonso is so frikin consistent, in 2011 and this year he's even more, and when I said luck, I meant bad luck that Kimi is having. But if there's one thing Kimi fans are used to it'll be disappointment. It just comes with the package of rooting for Kimi

I think only McLaren really knew how to extract his best, just shut up and drive

I kid for sure ;), he's awesome even when he makes mistakes

moojito

Damn, onto the fourth race and we're up to page 100 already. I can see us getting to an |ot3| before the end of the season!

Risgroo

Edmond Dantès;37174813 said:
Schumacher takes a five place grip drop because of a gearbox change.

Damn, he's had rotten luck this year. As much as I disliked Schumi around 2002( made me quit F1 for years), I really want to see him on the podium again.

Hackbert

I think it is a logical step by Merc.. that 5 places back against a fresh gearbox change when it matters on another track.. *shrugs* If he does not get kicked out in the first hectic laps after start , we are in for a nice show , watching him crawl up the backfield.

Dilly

Banned
Hope it's a good race, first race I won't be seeing live in like 2 years or something. Going to the FIA GT1 at Zolder today.

Dead Man

Yeah, Schumi is cursed this season.

On another note, assuming I am in Australia,at work with no TV, and a really crappy internet connection, is there any way to watch this damn race live? Some low bandwidth stream?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
HOLY SHEEETT!!

Its raining in Bahrain..
Jake Humphrey says it raining now and its much cooler today than at any other time this weekend.

I think it is a logical step by Merc.. that 5 places back against a fresh gearbox change when it matters on another track.. *shrugs* If he does not get kicked out in the first hectic laps after start , we are in for a nice show , watching him crawl up the backfield.
Yes, it's logical, but only really worth it, if he finishes the race this time.

Omiee

I get why the situation in bahrain is so much discussed. But why was it not in china, its not like they are a model country when it goes to human rights ( tibet? ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom