• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GW2 GAFGuild | Community Thread

Chaos

I'm in!
Dark Age of Camelot veteran here (played it for ~3 years), can't wait to jump into the WvW stuff.

#addme

Daoc was one of my fav mmorpgs, played it for ages to.

Looks like GW2 will have keep sieges so should be fun.

Herla

Ok, first results after playing on the US server from Europe.

I avoided trying any form of PvP because I barely learned how to properly dodge, but I partecipated in numerous crowded PvE events without experiencing noticeable lag.
Then the server started lagging horribly but, apparently, that was an issue for everyone playing.

So far so good, tomorrow I'll try to get into some PvP matches and then we'll see if there's action in WvW.

Also, in game I'm Herla Wyrdson.

Ferny

They have cross server guilds so if WvW aint that big of a deal to you for GAF then you can still chat and all that just fine.

Ferny

Well it seems there is a REALLY small cap on guilds. It's at 100. Which it wasn't in the press beta. So we'll see what happens from here. Will update more as we decide what we're gonna do.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Well it seems there is a REALLY small cap on guilds. It's at 100. Which it wasn't in the press beta. So we'll see what happens from here. Will update more as we decide what we're gonna do.

Hopefully it's just for beta. Will be hugely disappointing if it's not.

froliq

Are the guilds cross-server on the beta? If so, can someone try to invite me? Search for Froliq.9246. I'm on Jade Sea.

about to!

Thanks. I feel retarded though in this game. MMO veteran and feeling way out of place / lost. I'm typing in guild chat but can't see what I send. I'm pretty much just wandering around with no purpose.

Oh well, the trials of a beta I suppose.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks. I feel retarded though in this game. MMO veteran and feeling way out of place / lost. I'm typing in guild chat but can't see what I send. I'm pretty much just wandering around with no purpose.

Oh well, the trials of a beta I suppose.

Known bug, log out and back in!

Herla

Okay, played several matches of PvP (how do you even quit? It keeps changing maps, I had to log out).

As chaotic as it was I only noticed a couple of lag spikes during a duel, so it was probably something on the server side. Apart from that everything went as smooth as possible, or at least I never noticed anything that would've penalized me (can't tell with so much going on lol).

Final test: WvW! I'm scared...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Okay, played several matches of PvP (how do you even quit? It keeps changing maps, I had to log out).

As chaotic as it was I only noticed a couple of lag spikes during a duel, so it was probably something on the server side. Apart from that everything went as smooth as possible, or at least I never noticed anything that would've penalized me (can't tell with so much going on lol).

Final test: WvW! I'm scared...
You quit by returning to the mists and selecting "quit pvp" from the character menu.

Herla

Finally had my first crash after a long session of WvW...as good time as any to stop playing.

Well...I don't know what people consider to be "acceptable"...but I think my experience was smoother here compared to something like Warhammer Online (finished product) on an EU server.
At this point I really recommend to my fellow european gaffers to give Henge of Denravi a shot (after all transfers are free for now). Maybe I was just lucky, but between PvE, PvP and WvW I never had any problems.

Hopefully will be able to get into the gaf overflow server when things're back up. Would like to do some WvW with you guys!

Have mostly been jumping between classes at this point, but I've had pretty good performance and latency, so I really can't complain. Has been very fun.

Only major complaint so far is being stuck in overflow zones/servers and being unable to group with friends.

Top Bottom