• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next game on the list is...

AI War: Fleet Command

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjC3pGVXGXg

ss_f1a26c93e59f0b733330bfb9963597bb28f1dee3.1920x1080.jpg

Its one of those top down x4 games where you have to micromanage a space empire. First impressions - slightly over whelming, I think I was destroyed within 10 minutes of playing as the enemy AI swamped me as I got to grips with how it all worked.

Think I best play the tutorial.

50% off ($4.99). This game looks great.

I can confirm that it is indeed great. Fun game, it's kinda like Robotron mashed up with Rogue. The ships, enemies, power ups and the squad of space potato marines you guide around are all randomly generated and there's permadeath. Given that they take a while to level up a squad member, it's frustrating when one dies. The music is awesome and the grande types you unlock as your squad levels up get kind of ridiculous.

Fun little game, worth the 10$ I paid for, easily worth 5$. One of the better indie games I've bought in a while.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Its not hard to figure out when they sales start. Summer is like a week and a half. Starts the Weekend before the 4th, ends the weekend after. So 28th to 8th, with the 8th being a repeat day.

Winter is the same. Its going to be starting around the 20th, ends around the 5th.

I hope the summer sale has some kind of achievement component to it like the previous sales. Doing menial tasks has caused me to discover some great games that I never would have played. Dungeons of Dredmor was one of those. Looking at the screenshots, I would have never bought it. But it being on sale plus the achievement incentive made me buy it for $1.25. Now it has become my 12th most played game (out of ~350).

It is weird that we haven't seen any games updated with summer achievements yet like in the past. I hope it just means they are being more careful and secretive.

Cheddahz

Banned
I haven't played any games on Steam in a while and my backlog on Steam is huge (over 180 games), but sadly, the only game I usually end up playing nowadays is Recetter. Hopefully the Ys games will go on sale during the summer sale

Oh and my Steam name is Cheddahz if any of you guys wanna add me

HoosTrax

Wow... I know I've played way more than 12.7 hours of Team Fortress 2... how does that site work?
Steam didn't implement hours played until a while after TF2 released. I know that in my case, TF2's internal hours played counter is higher than the Steam one.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
What sort of heads up do we normally get for the summer sale? A week or so?

As said earlier in the thread:

- We don't get a heads up, Steam announces it when it starts, just like the Winter Sale.
- It started happening in 2010 being called "The Perils of Summer", which was amazing because nobody was expecting two service-wide sales in the same year. In 2011 was just called the Summer Sale, afaik.
- On the two years when it happened (2010 and 2011), the sale started on the last Thursday before the end of June.

Bradach

As said earlier in the thread:

- We don't get a heads up, Steam announces it when it starts, just like the Winter Sale.
- It started happening in 2010 being called "The Perils of Summer", which was amazing because nobody was expecting two service-wide sales in the same year. In 2011 was just called the Summer Sale, afaik.
- On the two years when it happened (2010 and 2011), the sale started on the last Thursday before the end of June.
Thanks. I'd better start putting some cash aside.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
la_briola where did you get your avatar? I'm just curious because I'm the one who did that shop.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder if it's going to be the same group of games who have summer achievements. I notice that it's usually Valve games, Steamworks games, and a lot of Paradox games.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
60% of my time has apparently been spent on Costume Quest.

I hated that game and never finished it. I guess I left it running at some point?

50% off ($4.99). This game looks great.

This game is great. I got it when it was originally released. It's probably not for everyone is it's just a twin-stick shooter, really, but I love the voxel graphics and the chiptune soundtrack is awesome. Last time I played it I remember it being pretty easy so I don't know if the game has been patched to be more challenging.

As for the talk about Steam sale dates and games getting released, that third Penny Arcade RPG is supposed to come out next Monday. Just something to consider since that Virus game got pushed back.

inky

LI8Wm.png

The funny thing about this is that if you asked me to play Dota 2 with you I wouldn't know what the fuck to do, who to pick or what to build.

Username: ned_ballad
Games Owned: 167
Games Played: 134
Games Never Played: 33
Percentage Played: 80.24%
Total Hours: 3497.30

33 games I've never played I blame on bundles. Also it counts DLC I physically could not run if I wanted to.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
That's how you do it.

Personal_Jebus | Games Owned: 397 | Percentage Played: 34.01%

More than 1000 hours played (at least what was tracked by Steam) and only played 34% of my library haha

inky

Because now this thread devolved into a "let's compare our numbers even though nobody cares about them" thread.

As opposed to "let's talk about sales because that is the only interesting thing in this thread" posts? Yeah, sry for shitting on your s̶u̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶u̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ party guys. I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom