• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Is it, though? The "Unavailable on the Nintendo eShop" message makes me think otherwise, especially since NSMB2's eShop page is already labeled "Coming soon to the eShop"

I agree though, this would be a perfect digital download.
It says that for all retail only games even if they have demos.
It's just a confusing message meant to state the full game isn't available for purchase digitally.

Jonnyram

jCBLqgh67pTLf.png

jYNY8R48qawP7.png

inFux5U6DOU02.png

irVSF7RAVRa4A.png

jbcx53uAYLRSmh.png

j2EkYlUQ6H30Z.png

jj7kXBQVL8MwR.png

jp4nLss995oVI.png

j2nkLwJFQ3kNs.png
I wish people would stop using this shitty rip-off font for FF-related stuff. It's such a mess.

Yeah I noticed that, but it was confirmed at E3 during the 3DS Showcase, in the form of a KH3D logo when discussing retail games available on the eShop.

Might just mean it won't be available at release, but later on.

It says that for all retail only games even if they have demos.
It's just a confusing message meant to state the full game isn't available for purchase digitally.

Ah, gotcha.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I just saw a video of Dancing Mad and it is rad. And insane. Playing that song for score is probably gonna be as much of a bitch as Ready Steady Go in Ouendan 1.

pyrandes

So looking forward to this, especially for Dancing Mad, Battle of the Four Fiends, and other great classics from the SNES era.

Alboreo

Really excited for this, I've had it preordered for a while. I'm usually not into rhythm games, but damn if I don't love the music from the Final Fantasy series.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Really excited for this, I've had it preordered for a while. I'm usually not into rhythm games, but damn if I don't love the music from the Final Fantasy series.
It's the one thing where the series never disappoints. I wish they included more music from spin-offs though. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles has some jolly good tunes.

fake edit: I only made this post to tell you I love your avatar btw.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
i like arrangements and half the fun of games like this is hearing new takes on the classic stuff.

plus if i wanted to play the original dancing mad in a rhythm game i'd just play stepmania.
We get arrangements of Final Fantasy shit in every other fucking game in the series. I fell in love with the Super Nintendo 16-bit trash, not Nth rendition of the song with strings and horns.

Gravijah

We get arrangements of Final Fantasy shit in every other fucking game in the series. I fell in love with the Super Nintendo 16-bit trash, not Nth rendition of the song with strings and horns.

that's why they should have gone all dissidia and given us arrangements like this.

btw snes final fantasy games totally would have sounded better on the genesis.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This looks amazingly charming and fun. I don't think I can justify getting it at $40, but I'll definitely pick it up some day.

Jb

The demo totally sold me on this, even though I've only ever completed one FF (VIII). The way you play along with the songs is just so much more satisfying than in Rock Band Unplugged or Guitar Hero DS.

Thoraxes

I was putting this off, but I have a feeling the coming impressions will nudge me towards that edge to make the dive.

I've never really been a big Final Fantasy fan. I mean I've enjoyed the games of the series I've played, like XII, and disliked others, like VII, but I've never felt the need to play them all. However, I really like Elite Beat Agents/Oeundan, so I'm very interested in this game. After all, one of my favorite aspects of the pretty much every game in the series I've played is the music. And who knows, maybe I will learn to appreciate the series more.

Beth Cyra

Don't get the Dancing Mad love, frankly I thought it was pretty boring overall. Not exactly a fan of OWA either though, but I do enjoy Advent OWA to some degree. The Extreme is easily my favorite Final Boss theme.

Kazerei

Banned
I played the demo at PAX East and it sold me on the game. Felt like a solid rhythm game with beautiful music, exactly what I wanted from it. I wish the demo would come to North America so more people could try it.

Gambit

Definitely buying.

Really liked the demo. Also, I just checked if "those who fight" is already in the game or DLC. Seems it IS in the game. YES!

More definitely buying.

Arla

Anyone else not care about Final Fantasy but thinking about getting this game? I'm not gonna pay full price for this but the art-style and rhythm battles have me really interested in the title.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Does anyone have a tracklist that separates the on-cart stuff from the DLC, so that people can tell what's on the cart and what's not?

I just realized that as a lefty, playing this is going to be a complete bitch.

Not true at all. I'm a lefty and have played a lot of Theatrhythm at events like PAX, Square's pre-E3 judges' event and E3 itself, and the gameplay is not at all affected by my being a lefty. Not one bit. So don't worry about it.

The game is fantastic, by the way.

if they can give it this new art style why can't i get my musical arrangements? >:|

Why would you want them? One of the selling points of Theatrhythm is the fact that it's a nostalgic, 25th-anniversary trip through the Final Fantasy series. Replacing the original songs with arrangements kind of runs directly counter to that idea. Besides, arrangements are always hit or miss; they can either enhance the original song, or severely ruin it. I'd rather play it safe by having the originals that we already know are wonderful -- that way, arrangements have no chance of ruining the experience.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Does anyone have a tracklist that separates the on-cart stuff from the DLC, so that people can tell what's on the cart and what's not?

Okay, so here's a list of the 48 DLC tracks released in Japan so far, sorted by game (the numbers tell you the order in which they were released; they're released in lots of four). S-E said they're aiming for "50+" tracks, so there probably won't be too many more to come:

9. Matoya no Doukutsu (FF, field stage)
21. Final Fantasy I -- Forgotten Temple of the Deep (Field Stage)

1. Battle Scene I from Final Fantasy II
13. Final Fantasy II – Dungeon (Field Music)
17. Final Fantasy II Magician’s Tower (field music)

10. Battle 1 (FFIII, battle stage)
29. Final Fantasy III – The Crystal Cavern (Field Music)
33. Final Fantasy III Crystal Tower (field music)
37. Final Fantasy III Final Struggle to the Death (battle music)

2.Final Battle from Final Fantasy IV
30. Final Fantasy IV – Battle 2 (Battle Music)

3.Seeking the Light from Final Fantasy V
14. Final Fantasy V – Saigo no Tatakai (Final Battle, Battle Music)
22. Final Fantasy V -- Battle 1 (Battle Stage)
41. Final Fantasy V Battle (battle music)

18. Final Fantasy VI Combat (battle music)

4.Cosmo Canyon from Final Fantasy VII
25. Final Fantasy VII – Those Who Fight Further (BMS)

5.Ride on from Final Fantasy VIII
34. Final Fantasy VIII The Castle (field music)
42. Final Fantasy VIII Force Your Way (battle music)
45. Final Fantasy VIII The Extreme

6.Fighters of the Crystal from Final Fantasy IX
19. Final Fantasy IX The Darkness of Eternity (battle music)
38. Final Fantasy IX Battle 2 (battle music)
43. Final Fantasy IX The City That Never Sleeps (field music)
36. Final Fantasy IX The Final Battle

7.Someday the Dream Will End from Final Fantasy X
23. Final Fantasy X -- Movement in Green (Field Stage)
26. Final Fantasy X – Battle Theme (BMS)
35. Final Fantasy X Chousen (battle music)
39. Final Fantasy X Otherworld (battle music)
44. Final Fantasy X Summoned Beast Battle (battle music)

27. Final Fantasy XI – Battle Theme (BMS)
36. Final Fantasy XI Ragnarok (battle music)
40. Final Fantasy XI The Sanctuary of Zi’Tah (field music)
47. Final Fantasy XI - Gustaberg

15. Final Fantasy XII – Azuma Dalmasca Sabaku (East Dalmasca Dessert, Field Music)
24. Final Fantasy XII -- Shi tou (Battle Stage) (Field Stage)
31. Final Fantasy XII – The Royal City of Rabanastre (Field Music)
32. Final Fantasy XII – Esper Battle (Battle Music)
48. Final Fantasy XII - The Battle For Freedom

8.Fighting Fate from Final Fantasy XIII
11. Archylte Steppe (FFXIII, field stage)
28. Final Fantasy XIII – March of the Dreadnoughts (FMS)

16. Final Fantasy XIII-2 – Megami no Kishi (Knights of the goddess, Battle Music)

12. Warera Kitareri (Final Fantasy Type-0, battle stage)

20. Final Fantasy Versus XIII Somnus (field music)

The wiki list in the OP lists the DLC tracks alongside the standard tracks, so if you want to know what's a part of the base game and what's not you'll have to cross-check it with this list (or someone else can do it and post the results in this thread *hint hint*).

IrishNinja

good lookin' OP - shame we still don't have a demo here stateside, and the game's due so soon too.

I'm not even into Final Fantasy and I still thought the demo was rad. Will buy.

oh, just rub it in, why don't you

btw snes final fantasy games totally would have sounded better on the genesis.

i know i like to throw you under buses, little buddy, but i've got your back on this one!

Thanks for including my review in the OP ^_^ (Bordersdown). I was really happy when the Euro demo got so many positive impressions. Definitely think a lot of people are going to fall in love with this :)

AAlias

Neo Member
Looks great, might pick up a copy up if I get a 3DS XL. Need to play some more FF games before getting into this though

Top Bottom