• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Silly Schala, that's not Final Fantasy music. It's Mega Man X music!
No it's no--

5VnKC.png

Oh. :(

Does this mean that Capcpom's going to celebrate Mega Man's 25th Anniversary with a rhythm game?

finally...
I'll still disagree with your position on Sonic 4's music and the FFVI GBA tunes, though! :O

Yes, yes, yes, yes, need in veins!

I don't even like rhythm games, and I'm still so very excited for this. Managed to preorder it on Amazon back when it was $30, so wooooooooo. The RPG elements in particular are really intriguing. I'm pretty curious to see how they'll work in the context of a rhythm game.

kiryogi

Banned
FFVI sure has very few songs despite boasting the best soundtrack in the mainline series. :/

huh? VI has some of the most by default.

Decisive Battle
Tina's Theme
Dancing Mad
Celes Theme
The Fierce Battle
Searching for Friends

that's what's included, then there's the normal battle theme as DLC.

I am not into rhytm games (exception Rhytm Tengoku), but I might get this game when its on sale as I love the Final Fantasy music. The demo was interesting, but it was rather limited to understand if I was having fun with it.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Had the Amazon preorder locked in for some time now. Thanks for the random $10 discount, Amazon! The reactions to the demo in the demo thread has me super hyped. One more week!

Mista Koo

I'm not even into Final Fantasy and I still thought the demo was rad. Will buy.
I've never played a FF game and I'm getting this (as in actually played, not just tried).

I look at the slide triggers in this game as something you have to do when you write (ie: we push the pen as opposed to pulling it like righties do).
I never thought of writing this way, maybe it's because I write in both LTR and RTL languages.

zroid

Banned
Does anyone have a tracklist that separates the on-cart stuff from the DLC, so that people can tell what's on the cart and what's not?

The linked wiki page actually specifies in the chart which tracks are DLC. You have to hover over the underline, and there'll be a little tooltip that says so.

Admittedly though it's kind of annoying :/

Played this at PAX East and enjoyed it a lot. Will be picking it up for sure.

If EBA taught me anything, it's to have a screen protector applied for games like this.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just realise this comes out the same day as Beat the Beat. Two rhythm games on the same day. I don't know if I can handle it.

hamchan

Preordered immediately after playing the demo. Love me some rhythm games and it's been too long since I played one on a touchscreen. This reminds me that someone should really make an Ouendan 3.

Can someone please explain the rpg elements for me? What does leveling/stats do for you? Is there equipment? What kind of skills do characters have that make them unique?

iavi

I love that they went with the 'Dissidia' cover for the US release. Will buy as soon as it hits the Eshop.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Demo successfully selling the game to an originally lukewarm customer, +1.

ZenaxPure

I just want to say I get more and more offended each time a new FF mash up game comes out with no Balthier. SUCH A CRIME.

Still really want this of course though.

LordAlu

I think I'll pick this game up when I finally buy a 3DS... which will be when the XL comes out. I can finally move on from my DSi XL :)

Jucksalbe

Banned
Isn't Mystic Quest a Seiken Densetsu game?

You're thinking of the Game Boy game "Mystic Quest". That was indeed the first Seiken Densetsu. Mystic Quest for SNES ("Mystic Quest Legend" in Europe) is a Final Fantasy spinoff. Well, to be fair, Seiken Densetsu is a FF spinoff, too.

Edit: beaten.

Quadratic

I'm really debating getting a 3ds just for this game. If it has a sizable chunck of XI's music in it. That Sanctuary of Zi'Tah theme...

Netto-kun

Pre-ordered the game back in April after trying out the two Japanese demos. Can't wait!

jXK4lLs5BGkaY.png
"Slide" trigger
I still can't get this one right, especially on Ultimate mode with a bunch of these lined next to each other. S(SS) ranking all the songs will take forever. :(

And yes, they better include the DLC song from Type-0. So good.

Edit:

I was worried this game would be too easy

then I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pejabSBCa3o&feature=related

Not worried anymore!
Oh my, I don't even.

Top Bottom