• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
"For now, we flee faithfully for us!"

*reconfirms preorder*

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
My preorder on Amazon still stands. Can't wait for this.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Same here. I was told I was supposed to receive mine earlier, but haven't yet.

I love music games, and I love Final Fantasy so it's pretty much a match made in heaven.

Yeah, I was supposed to get it yesterday apparently, but it got delayed by a day.

zroid

Banned
Through which retailer?

not 100% sure, but it seems to be all of them, even though some aren't advertising it.

Gamestop and amazon definitely have it

theatrhytm_preorder.jpg

There's so much good music in the Final Fantasy series that when I get a 3DS I'll definitely have to pick this up. Hopefully they have my favorite tracks on there.

zroid

Banned
IGN review is up 8.5/10

Audrey Drake said:
Whether you’re a huge Final Fantasy fan or just enjoy great rhythm games with fantastic music, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is certainly for you. Although the RPG elements feel a bit wasted, the varied gameplay options, scaled difficulty settings, and plethora of unlockable goodies still make for an excellent rhythm experience.

Didn't realise this was out next week; thought it was the end of July...

I literally have no money to spend at the moment (well some but no job so I really shouldn't), but it's only £23 over here from pretty much everywhere which is really good :(

What do...

EDIT: Ahh, with GAME reward points I could get it for only £14.29...Temptation currently winning...

laika09

Far and away my most anticipated title of 2012. Possibly the only non-iOS game I purchase for the rest of the year. Five short days...

I bought a 3DS just for this game. :|

I'm feverishly awaiting my review copy, which should be arriving today if the email I got about it is any indication.

I've loved the hell out of every minute I've played of this game at E3 and other recent industry events. I can't wait for it to get here so I can sit down with it and really dig into it on my own terms. Sucks that I'll probably be missing out on that giant, rubberized pre-order stylus because it'd really help for this game, but c'est la vie. I'll just be overjoyed to play the game at all at this point!

RPGCrazied

not 100% sure, but it seems to be all of them, even though some aren't advertising it.

That's one big stylus. I'm guessing that won't fit in the system. Still cool though, I'm going to try an preorder to get it, but might miss out.

Not like I can play it anyway until the XL is out.

So I never got into the original DS Rhythm games, which makes me unsure if I'm going to need one for this game; but should I invest in a 3DS screen protector for this game?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Through which retailer?
I got it through Gamestop.

I'm so using the human-loving, fast-talking, street-smart, SLAM-dancing... Moogle..
After playing through hundreds of hours of EBA, Ouendan and Ouendan 2, I have to wonder what the fuck are you guys doing to scratch your touchscreens. My DS' is as pristine as in the beginning.

Well since there was no demo for the game, I tried the Rhythm Thief demo instead.

It was interesting and pretty good, but I'm still not buying that game. Maybe down the line

Animekatt

I got my preorder paid off (got in on the $30 price adjustment at Amazon), and I am ready. Looking forward in playing all of the FFXI music!

Glix

After playing through hundreds of hours of EBA, Ouendan and Ouendan 2, I have to wonder what the fuck are you guys doing to scratch your touchscreens. My DS' is as pristine as in the beginning.

The tip of the stylus is soft plastic. Its very easy for it to get a dent or scratch, and then that causes it to scratch the screen. I've seen in since the original DS MANY times.

Coldsnap

I'm so excited for this now. Final Fantasy XI is the only game soundtrack I have owned and listened too regularly past playing the game. Love Love Love the music.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
When I think about it, it's actually quite surprising we're only getting an FF rhythm game now. FF music has been heralded for years now. It really is a "Why didn't anyone think of this before?" situation.

RPGCrazied

I always have a hard time with getting them on right. When I had a DS Lite, it would always have air bubbles. I live in a very humid area, so that could cause extra difficulty. Though I think I made up my mind and will try putting them on the bottom screen only, since I'll never touch the top screen ever. Bottom one makes sense I guess.

Do they even sell any for XL's yet? I'm sure Hori will be the first one out.

...And my sister just bought me this on Amazon for my Birthday. Will sit on the shelf until late august! :p Least I'll get dat stylus.

zroid

Banned
1up Review: B

Jeremy Parish said:
I can think of more ambitious ways Square Enix could have marked the occasion, and I wouldn't mind a little more to aim for here than bigger stats and more difficult Chaos Shrine challenges, but Theatrhythm still hits the spot. It's a fun, lightweight diversion that plays up what might be the single universally adored feature of the series (its music).

Vamphuntr

There's no demo up for this in NA yet? I'm curious about it but would like to try it beforehand. The fact that there is what appear to be 50-100$ worth of DLC is somewhat of a turnoff. Are there more characters you can unlock outside of those mentionned in the op? Can I play as Balthier or Basch?

There's no demo up for this in NA yet? I'm curious about it but would like to try it beforehand. The fact that there is what appear to be 50-100$ worth of DLC is somewhat of a turnoff. Are there more characters you can unlock outside of those mentionned in the op? Can I play as Balthier or Basch?
Looks like NOA fails again! Reggie whines that we complain to much, but when Europe and Japan have this demo and we don't, I think we have a reason to complain.

M-PG71C

I got a nice $100 bonus this week from work, its going to buy me this game and Pokemon Conquest. Should be pretty damn nice, I been waiting for this one to come out for a long time!

It's really unfair! And more when the two extra sub characters are those stupid Kain and Sephiroth.

Fuck this shit!
Would have been awesome to get at least 4 for every game, the most important guys of each party.
I cant play Vivi without Steiner :(

Also off-topic. Is your username because of this godly character?
Riki_with_weapon.png

Top Bottom