• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balotelli is just trying to copy Ronaldo.

5cMGf.jpg

cristiano%20ronaldo%20sin%20camiseta.jpg

fuenf

Balotelli is just trying to copy Ronaldo.

It's actually funny how different players are perceived. Ronaldo would've been ripped to shreds for a celebration like that, in Balotelli's case it's cool because everyone has accepted that he's a nutcase.

gurasa

So, this thread has turned into the shirtless men thread?

King Kong vs the Lion King (make it happen Del Bosque):

gLArF.jpg
Lion King? Unless Del Bosque has a Godzilla, then him and his team are already dead by the wrath of King Kong. :)

I really wanted to watch Llorente play in this tournament.

Meier

It's actually funny how different players are perceived. Ronaldo would've been ripped to shreds for a celebration like that, in Balotelli's case it's cool because everyone has accepted that he's a nutcase.

No he wouldn't have been. It was a totally deserved celebration and far from being indicative of someone being a nutcase. If anything, he may have receive some inspiration from this recent event:

--art_sergio_aguero_20120514024206826411-420x0.jpg

(too lazy to look for Sunhi's gif)

:)

fuenf

No he wouldn't have been. It was a totally deserved celebration and far from being indicative of someone being a nutcase. If anything, he may have receive some inspiration from this recent event:

Are you kidding me? It's not about taking his shirt off, it's about posing like that. Most other players would've been criticised for that. I know that it was deserved but i'm just saying.

Meier

Are you kidding me? It's not about taking his shirt off, it's about posing like that. Most other players would've been criticised for that. I know that it was deserved but i'm just saying.

Not seeing it, sorry. No one would have questioned anyone reacting like that in any manner.

fuenf

Not seeing it, sorry. No one would have questioned anyone reacting like that in any manner.

You should listen to a German TV broadcast then. Ronaldo gets criticised for literally everything: his freekicks, not showing enough emotion, not celebrating with his teammates, his hairstyle, etc.

flippedb

Banned
You should listen to a German TV broadcast then. Ronaldo gets criticised for literally everything: his freekicks, not showing enough emotion, not celebrating with his teammates, his hairstyle, etc.

Happens everywhere. No love for Cristiano, I'm geuessing it's thanks to his attitude.

Meier

I think it's just that a lot of people dislike Ronaldo.. a lot of people dislike him here (not me, I'm a big fan of watching him play). He's immaculate on the pitch but is obviously a bit of a prima donna which puts people off.

fuenf

God i hate the German media / BILD. Saturday's BILD is an absolute disgrace; after hyping the team up for 6 weeks, they are now ripping everyone and everything apart. Why cant we be satisfied for once or at least get constructive criticism. I dont get where this German sense of entitlement suddenly comes from, it's not like the national team owes us fans anything. We win together, we lose together. Well even that's wrong, they win and they lose, we are just bandwagon fans.

It's a disgrace to criticise the players with a migration background because the didnt sing the anthem, or that our players in general didnt show enough passion singing the anthem (compared to the Italians). What's next? Demanding that they sing the first verse again in order to show more determination / "our superiority"? I'm starting to understand why the leftwingers said that this "football nationalism" was bad for our country.

Fuck BILD and FUCK event football fans. I'd like to apologize for saying that we Germans like / appreciate our football players. Apparently we don't.

spidye

God i hate the German media / BILD. Saturday's BILD is an absolute disgrace; after hyping the team up for 6 weeks, they are now ripping everyone and everything apart. Why cant we be satisfied for once or at least get constructive criticism. I dont get where this German sense of entitlement suddenly comes from, it's not like the national team owes us fans anything. We win together, we lose together. Well even that's wrong, they win and they lose, we are just bandwagon fans.

It's a disgrace to criticise the players with a migration background because the didnt sing the anthem, or that our players in general didnt show enough passion singing the anthem compared to the Italians. What's next? Demanding that they sing the first verse again in order to show more determination / "our" superiority? I'm starting to understand why the leftwingers said that this "football nationalism" was bad for our country.

Fuck BILD and FUCK event football fans. I'd like to apologize for saying that we Germans like / appreciate our football players. Apparently we don't.
just saw that too. couldn't make it past the title.
last time I visited that turd of a site.

Eh, most critisism aims towards Löw (deservingly so), hope they'll kick his butt out..

SZ: Kunstvoll selber ausgetrickst
Gomez, Kroos, Podolski statt Klose, Reus, Müller? Eine ganz andere Schlachtordnung als bei den vier gewonnenen Spielen zuvor. Mit diesen fundamentalen Eingriffen in die deutsche Turniermechanik hatte niemand gerechnet. Bundestrainer Joachim Löw muss sich den Vorwurf gefallen lassen, dass er eine zuvor erfolgreiche Taktik eigentlich ohne Grund geändert hat.

Spon: Verzockt
Für Bastian Schweinsteiger war es ein Turnier zum Vergessen, für Sami Khedira ein Werbefeldzug in eigener Sache. Die Trauer über das EM-Aus mag die ganze DFB-Elf einen. Doch die Bilanzen der Profis sind höchst unterschiedlich. SPIEGEL ONLINE nennt die deutschen Gewinner und Verlierer.

Kicker: Bundestrainer Joachim Löw hat sich verzockt
Irgendwie war schon angerichtet. Das Gala-Finale gegen die Titelverteidiger aus Spanien schien bei dieser EURO 2012 so nahe und die Chance, den nicht mehr so übermächtig auftrumpfenden Welt- und Europameister zu besiegen und nach 16 langen Jahren wieder einen Titel zu gewinnen, so groß wie lange nicht mehr.

Zeit: Joachim Löw verzockt sich
Wieder gepokert, wieder gewechselt und wieder gegen Italien verloren. Am Ende wirkt der Bundestrainer betroffener als es seine Worte nahelegten. Von O. Fritsch, Warschau

Focus: Im großen Moment kneift Bundestrainer Löw vor eigener Courage
Jahrelang hat Joachim Löw als Bundestrainer mutige Entscheidungen getroffen. Er hatte damit Erfolg und gewann die Herzen der Fans. Nun musste er seinen Mumm bestätigen – doch er kniff. Und wurde bestraft....

Jogi ist schuld am EM-Aus!
Über 78 000 Menschen haben auf BILD.de abgestimmt. Und eine klare Mehrheit von 73% meint: Jogi ist schuld. Diese Aufstellung war Käse.

/edit
They mostly say that he gambled and lost or caved in vs. big teams (again)

fuenf

just saw that too. couldn't make it past the title.
last time I visited that turd of a site.

Yeah exactly, I'm fucking done with them too. I guess that's another positive from our defeat.

Eh, most critisism aims towards Löw (deservingly so), hope they'll kick his butt out..

/edit
They mostly say that he gamed and lost or caved in vs. big teams (again)

It's all hindsight 50-50. I can still remember the "Löw's golden hand" articles, salivating about him mixing up the squad.

Holy shit. Bild is getting incredibly ridicolous and destroying the team.
Ok, I just saw that too..
QGOon.jpg

lol! It's almost exactly what I said yesterday when I was drunk :D

/edit
"Schweini" will never be a chief
Gomez only cares about his hairdo
Lahm babbles like a politician

bwahahaha

fuenf

Ok, I just saw that too..
lol! It's almost exactly what I said yesterday when I was drunk :D

/edit
"Schweini" will never be a chief
Gomez only cared about his hairdo
Lahm babbles like politician

bwahahaha

Dont forget the "Poldi should retire" one. While this criticism is definitely warranted, they are forgetting that the players are still human beings.

HOWEVER the anthem singing, DFB cuddling up the players etc., "(at least) Hummels can kiss" articles are well over the line. And that's even before looking at the "Fan Anger" one.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Tbh I thought the Germans were not really motivated for the Italy match...

I also feel like they were probably already looking forward to meeting the Spanish in the Final...

Chuckie

Wow... don't really understand all this hate for Low. While he's been the German coach the team has changed to a team that even us Dutchies really appreciate and actually support (once we are out) All the 'hate' for Germany has dissappeared these last couple of years and Low had a big part in that.

I liked the German team and they were very good. Yeah they really choked yesterday... but acting like this is some crappy shit team that did everything wrong is ridicoulous. 2 days ago a large percentage of people still thought they would win Euro... and now suddenlu this.

God I already fucking hated Bild for constantly bashing Holland.... but now they are stabbing their own people in the back.

I really hope Spain don't play 4-6 in the final, they've been better than Scotland with it but nonetheless have scraped games using it. I think they should start Llorente up front he would give a target for them to cross to and create space for their midfielders in open play by playing the lines

Mumei

Mario kind of deserved them at the time, because he was being an absolute cunt on the pitch. Like, the count of cunts.

Don't do this.

"Cunt" is an extremely sexist and offensive slur for a vagina. When you use it to refer to someone or something you do not like, you are implicitly insulting all of the women on this board for their sex. That is unacceptable. I realize that this word does not have the same taboo in other English-speaking countries as it has in the United States, but that is not an excuse for using it.

This term is pervasive in football threads on GAF, and while that might have given some posters the impression that either it was acceptable generally or acceptable within these threads, that is not the case. The TOS specifically states that, "Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense."

Don't do this.

"Cunt" is an extremely sexist and offensive slur for a vagina. When you use it to refer to someone or something you do not like, you are implicitly insulting all of the women on this board for their sex. That is unacceptable. I realize that this word does not have the same taboo in other English-speaking countries as it has in the United States, but that is not an excuse for using it.

This term is pervasive in football threads on GAF, and while that might have given some posters the impression that either it was acceptable generally or acceptable within these threads, that is not the case. The TOS specifically states that, "Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense."

Oh dear, I'm scared.

Holy Wars

Banned
Don't do this.

Cunt isn't a slur for vagina, it's slang for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom