• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't do this.

"Cunt" is an extremely sexist and offensive slur for a vagina. When you use it to refer to someone or something you do not like, you are implicitly insulting all of the women on this board for their sex. That is unacceptable. I realize that this word does not have the same taboo in other English-speaking countries as it has in the United States, but that is not an excuse for using it.

This term is pervasive in football threads on GAF, and while that might have given some posters the impression that either it was acceptable generally or acceptable within these threads, that is not the case. The TOS specifically states that, "Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense."

Mumei pls

Knight77

I'm really pissed of about our fascist newspapers saying "Vaffanmerkel" ( something like fuck you merkel) and "Ciao Ciao Culona" (bye bye big booty). It's really sad, it doesn't represent our culture and our spirit. Our country is f***'d up and a victory won't change anything. Resepct to our German friends.

Sorry but as italian I can confirm that you're making a mistake: Libero and Il Giornale are not two newspapers, they are toilet paper.

Don't do this.

"Cunt" is an extremely sexist and offensive slur for a vagina. When you use it to refer to someone or something you do not like, you are implicitly insulting all of the women on this board for their sex. That is unacceptable. I realize that this word does not have the same taboo in other English-speaking countries as it has in the United States, but that is not an excuse for using it.

This term is pervasive in football threads on GAF, and while that might have given some posters the impression that either it was acceptable generally or acceptable within these threads, that is not the case. The TOS specifically states that, "Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense."

Are there equivalent slurs for the phallus that we may not use during our time here?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Don't do this.

FootballGAF will never be the same.

Don't do this.

Its really not at all anymore. No one assumes you are talking about females privates when you are describing someone you dislike.

So apparently Ronaldo first said after the game that the coach chose the order of the penalty kickers but now it's come out that he was the one to chose to go last? Has this been mentioned in here? Not that I find this to be a big deal. I just don't know why he'd lie about it to begin with. (if this story is even true - I dunno may be old news)

RJT

Don't do this.

The reason why that word is used a lot in football threads is that it isn't particularly offensive in Europe. This is a european tournament after all... I understand your concern, but regional differences have to be taken into account in local threads (and only in local threads).

Please don't make any ban extend into the final. Let it be a day only.

RJT

So apparently Ronaldo first said after the game that the coach chose the order of the penalty kickers but now it's come out that he was the one to chose to go last? Has this been mentioned in here? Not that I find this to be a big deal. I just don't know why he'd lie about it to begin with. (if this story is even true - I dunno may be old news)

What I understood was that the coach asked if he would go last, he agreed. IMO, that counts as a manager decision.

feel

All the talk Ronaldo got for going last, and turns out that on the other side there actually was a glory seeking diva (Fabregas) making a fuss about wanting to be fifth despite the coach wanting him to go second.

Fritz

God i hate the German media / BILD. Saturday's BILD is an absolute disgrace; after hyping the team up for 6 weeks, they are now ripping everyone and everything apart.

In all seriousness, tabloids are some bs you definitely have to cut out of your live. So draining.

fuenf

In all seriousness, tabloids are some bs you definitely have to cut out of your live. So draining.

I dont neccessarily agree with that statement, yes it's oftentimes bullshit, draining and i hate tabloid journalismus. But it's still the largest "newspaper" in Germany and on some topics (like this) i find it important to know what BILD's proposed "puplic opinion" is.

Kurtofan

5zqK0.jpg

Blablurn

I dont neccessarily agree with that statement, yes it's oftentimes bullshit, draining and i hate tabloid journalismus. But it's still the largest "newspaper" in Germany and on some topics (like this) i find it important to know what BILD's proposed "puplic opinion" is.

bild is reaaaally ridiculous. as u said, first hyping them for weeks and now they are shit out of nowhere? i mean, im not the bigget fan of mario gomez but turning him into the scapegoat once again is just annoying. i'm sorry for him :/

Don't do this.

CassSept

Don't do this.

Does that mean di*k is banned too?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Ahahahahaha. 'Dat manufactured drama. The chain of events in the backroom that lead to that clip being brought up and used out of context must have been awesome.

Arjen

UEFA is thinking about playing the Euro 2020 in 12 (!) countries. It's Platini's idea.

lol what

How would this even work, 12 countries have home advantage and the others don't? France will play in Spain and Spain will play on a rainy night in Stoke? Sounds pretty stupid to me...

Clegg

UEFA is thinking about playing the Euro 2020 in 12 (!) countries. It's Platini's idea.

lol what

How would this even work, 12 countries have home advantage and the others don't? France will play in Spain and Spain will play on a rainy night in Stoke? Sounds pretty stupid to me...

Spain are fucked.

Rainy nights in Stoke will show them up for the great pretenders they really are.

Kurtofan

lol what

Maybe game would be played in neutral areas.
Spain vs England in Russia or Germany vs Netherlands in Portugal
GENIUS.

Jburton

Banned
Don't do this.

I was banned for using it in a thread awhile back.

It is not used as a sexual slur against women, in the UK atleast ....... women use it.

Anywho if this is the take on the word as the management see it I for one will abide (have been since the ban).

WJD

Don't do this.

Sigh. There goes footy GAF then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom