• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

This post is a work of fiction. Any similarity to any persons real or imagined are purely coincidental.

Dear Diary,

My name is sonicmj1. I'm a member of Anime-GAF who has devoted his life to Hitokage-sama.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 24

Someday, I hope I will be a man worthy of your affection, Hitokage-sama.

Until then, I can only dream of the day when we're together.

This is an A+ post.

Here's a preview of the new Eureka Seven AO opening song by FLOW! Maybe some shots of the main characters looking longingly up at the sky, while they all eventually come to smile at each other before gathering for a group photo at the end.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18251269

This was recorded at the FLOW fanclub on Monday I think.
Awesome, thanks! I feel like I can already see the OP cuts for specific instrumental sections, maybe some spots where they'll be contemplative shots, something with walking, and then the section where Nirvash will probably burst into the clouds flying over the ocean, all to be tied up with a new group photo, and a flash of the villains in their 3 second cut-in.

fertygo

Moyashimon
So I watching this so that I can catching up to season two this friday, its great!
I love the comedy, some of the stuff can be very disturbing but usually its bringing hilarious stuff... and its quite educational its make me wondering how gross everything around me without realizing, make sure you washing your hand before eating folk.

One thing that I still not understand though
why Kei suddenly crossdressing like goth lolita lol

Everybody should watch this! especially in this hectic summer, the new season might be among the few thing that worth to watch.
If you need extra motivation...

oJnnQl.jpg

vODhGl.jpg

and NSFW stuff
http://i.imgur.com/pBnG8l.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8bt52l.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CFulnl.jpg

Its a lot more to see than what the poster suggest!

/XX/

so like
what do i click on
See the 'ログイン' ideograms in red at the top black bar on the webpage? Click on them and follow the instructions, that will be on English for you. After login in check once more the link posted.

Kurita

Sakamichi No Apollon 12

Don't know what to think. I guess I'll read the manga. I liked the last scene (with the opening theme) though.

Jex

The anime actually cut a lot Arakawa's "sudden gag" and people actually complaint about that.
Whether or not people complained about changes is kind of irrelevant. Most of the 'sudden gags' that I've come across really should have been completely excised from the series.
I'm not the one that complaining though! just saying there's more complaint for the opposite.
People have bad taste.
Still think few second of "lewd" (lol) that you can barely notice from sexy chara that maybe only happening once in whole series cannot ruin the integrity of the series.
Well, I wouldn't say that you can 'barely notice' it. It's extremely distracting because it breaks both immersion and mood and completely takes you out of the experience. That's the worst possible thing that a director can do.

Jex

Also, the scene at the end where Cartman starts crying as he stuffs himself with cookies was like... I don't know. It's the most hateful thing I've seen in a while.

You're really selling the series to me now. Sadly I will never have the necessary free time to spend indulging in it.

/XX/

But FLCL wouldn't have been possible without digital.
Yeah, quite a few crazy scenes there. It wasn't a matter of printing on film some overlaid digital effects or something like that... the way some of those scenes were composed would have been impossible with previous techniques they used. Also, one of the reasons for the series would have been erased otherwise, as this project was devised in part as a training course for the staff to understand better the way of working on new procedures and with new tools for the nascent digital era of animation.

I think we should only blame their willingness to advance, as things need time first before progressing and getting good (and cheap or easy-to-use) enough for future purposes.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Yeah, quite a few crazy scenes there. It wasn't a matter of printing on film some overlaid digital effects or something like that... the way some of those scenes were composed would have been impossible with previous techniques they used. Also, one of the reasons for the series would have been erased otherwise, as this project was devised in part as a training course for the staff to understand better the way of working on new procedures and with new tools for the nascent digital era of animation.

I think we should only blame their willingness to advance, as things need time first before progressing and getting good (and cheap or easy-to-use) enough for future purposes.
Well, FLCL wasn't just Gainax, remember! Even before FLCL, Production IG was pushing technology in anime. Most people aren't aware of this, but the entirety of Ghost in the Shell is digital. All of the animation and backgrounds were done on paper, scanned, and then composited digitally -- much like today's workflow. I guess the reason most people don't know it's digital is because it was printed to film for storage and has all the look of film with the gate weave and grain -- perhaps large scale digital storage wasn't viable back then. Ghost in the Shell also does a lot of camerawork and such that wouldn't be possible without digital, like that reverse zoom with the city in the background at the beginning with Motoko was apparently not possible with traditional cel camerawork. That's a pretty clever and important shot too, but it wouldn't have happened without digital!

Jin-Roh and Blood TLV were also produced this way -- not sure of any others though. Blood even has a thing on the Blu-ray where you can choose to watch the direct digital transfer or a telecine transfer from the printed film master.

Nice writeup. I'm only familiar with the manga, but this is definitely making me curious (even if it is a hyper condensed version of early events)
I'm hoping to watch and write my thoughts of the second (final) volume today, but we'll see how that goes.

Does the manga branch off more into character interactions or any additional stuff? I know I only briefly covered episodes 2, 3, and 4, but it felt like the focus was pretty strongly placed on telling the central plot.

/XX/

Well, FLCL wasn't just Gainax, remember! Even before FLCL, Production IG was pushing technology in anime. Most people aren't aware of this, but the entirety of Ghost in the Shell is digital. All of the animation and backgrounds were done on paper, scanned, and then composited digitally -- much like today's workflow. I guess the reason most people don't know it's digital is because it was printed to film for storage and has all the look of film with the gate weave and grain -- perhaps large scale digital storage wasn't viable back then. Ghost in the Shell also does a lot of camerawork and such that wouldn't be possible without digital, like that reverse zoom with the city in the background at the beginning with Motoko was apparently not possible with traditional cel camerawork. That's a pretty clever and important shot too, but it wouldn't have happened without digital!
Yeah, that is true... along with that work OMNIBUS JAPAN Inc. also did for Ghost in the Shell. FLCL always seemed to me like an extension of the GAiNAX collaboration with Production I.G since The End of Evangelion (I posted information about it here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29130598&postcount=2745). This is why I always thought that they were on this with Production I.G interested on learning from them, with the creative control they had, trying and experimenting (as Mr. Tsurumaki said) to later in time incorporate or make things on their own. But, although they did have a big budget proper of a two 'cour' series, doing things like in those movies maybe was a little out of their realm for a pet project.

does it really though?
shes a bit of a non character
even by K-on standards

she is a non character but they use her introduction to start hammering home the inevitability of graduation and the :firehawk that follows

not much in S1, though; unless you're a #worstgirl fan like unknown that's not really a turning point.

Azusa is the straight man of the group, you either love her, or you hate her. There is no third direction.

7Th

I haven't actually watched a new Precure all the way through, but even with Sailor Moon, the villain's plans would amp up to some mega confrontation. I guess they could just reset the world after this arc and then just have the enemies collect more evil energy or whatever it's called in the show why the Precures collect more decors. It's not like kids know to expect any more, I suppose. lol

Toy advertisement reveals that there are more CureDecors in need of being collected.

Either way, it won't be any different from that Heartcatch episode in which Dune decides to use the Desert Devils against the Precure; it's basically the same set-up:
just as the enemy finally gets serious, the heroines gain a power-up that basically returns everything to the status quo, at least until the final arc.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 5 - The First 7 Minutes END

And thus ends the short lived journey of Xin, fatally struck down by someone far more combat ready than he could ever hope to be. I didn't bother watching past this but I'm sure the mountain clan boy/girl and Qin Shi Huang also died thus forever changing Chinese history as we know it.

iP2spCH5AwOwq.gif
i5wkMgndghhHF.gif
iV03lSALVoxa9.gif

duckroll

I can't even read your text anymore. Whenever I try to focus my eyes on that tiny amount of text, I get blinded by those terrible gifs instead. :/

Ultimadrago

http://i.minus.com/iP2spCH5AwOwq.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i5wkMgndghhHF.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iV03lSALVoxa9.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

MBisonYES!.gif

[quote="wonzo, post: 39501737"]
[b]Kingdom 5 - The First 7 Minutes END[/b][/QUOTE]

Gotdammit!

duckroll

I think this definitely qualifies as both image abuse, as well as crimes against humanity. Think of how many people are going blind today! :D

Ultimadrago

Secretly? HA HA HA! It was obvious if you were in the thread it was made. (Only reason I'm quoting this old post is because it was quoted on the last page)

Even if it weren't for that thread, you would have caught it.
It's always obvious to the Photoshop buffs. It's like they see avatars as a series of lines and dots!

Kingdom 5

The battle's (both) were actually pretty good. Xin and Sei's relationship was pretty inspiring when Sei just sat there and let Xin fight after giving him a pep talk and then Xin got over the killing intent. I like that.
Xin has some pretty awesome moments there, the eight or so sword slash to bring Muta down after Xin grew stronger and stronger is his best move yet

For the other fight
I guess my impression of the general is now in the positive direction after Changwenjun showed up at the end are they both conspiring with each other or struck a deal, since he survived the battle they were showing? Hopefully they show the rest of the fight next episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom