• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

My interpretation:

Regular rank progression > Reach max rank > Enter specializations > Choose either Vehicles, Gunner, Runner, Marksman, Demoman, etc. (just made those names up) > Receive Halo 3 Recon-esque armor, awards, medals, emblems, and other goodies relative to the specialization you chose
I wonder where "Spartan points" all fit into this.

My interpretation:

Regular rank progression > Reach max rank > Enter specializations > Choose either Vehicles, Gunner, Runner, Marksman, Demoman, etc. (just made those names up) > Receive Halo 3 Recon-esque armor, awards, medals, emblems, and other goodies relative to the specialization you chose
That's what I got out of it. Once you specialize, you enter a ~10 level loop for subsequent specializations.

My interpretation:

So each specialization is like prestige or mini-prestige, where you unlock specific stuff like you mention for each specialization? Do you think we'll be able to go through all of them in turn once we reach the end of a specific specialization?
I wonder where "Spartan points" all fit into this.
Buying weapons and abilities I think.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
So each specialization is like prestige or mini-prestige, where you unlock specific stuff like you mention for each specialization? Do you think we'll be able to go through all of them in turn once we reach the end of a specific specialization?

Buying weapons and abilities I think.

My assumption was that you only choose one specialization instead of being able to go through all of them.

It's basically a voluntary extra 10 levels to progress through with its own rewards separate from the awards you're given during your original rank progression.

edit: Speaking of, I REALLY hope the humpday matches are uploaded somewhere. I'm hoping Waypoint was able to capture footage.

My assumption was that you only choose one specialization instead of being able to go through all of them.

It's basically a voluntary extra 10 levels to progress through with its own rewards separate from the awards you're given during your original rank progression.

edit: Speaking of, I REALLY hope the humpday matches are uploaded somewhere. I'm hoping Waypoint was able to capture footage.

But...but...I want ALL THE REWARDS!

If Fyre is right about Reach being the beta I hope 343 fixes the thrusters and the hard light shield. It doesn't work for me at ALL in Super Slayer.

..or maybe even to go as far back as to use Halo 1 as the Beta with PV and glass walls.. It doesn't work at ALL (in its current form) :]

So you can shoot now when you have flag? and throw the Oddball? Why do they have to change dumb shit like that? Its been with us for all the Halos. Take the removal of flag juggling for instance. Noone wanted that but they gave it to us. Bunch of playlists stopped using it cause its stupid.

Halo 1 Oddball would like to have a word with you (you could literally like throw the OB lol)

FyreWulff

Halo 1 Oddball would like to have a word with you (you could literally like throw the OB lol)

Yeah, but then again everything in Halo 1 weighed like 2 pounds. Dem springy-sphere based physics.

Also, went to download Noble again. Suggestion to Microsoft: you might sell more map packs if they were at the top of the "Extras" tab instead of avatar shirts and pants..

Trey

The Witcher 2 is pretty decent so far. These kinds of games usually get boring to me after a while though; we'll see how long this lasts.

Ryaaan14

Banned

I hope this is the case. Or at least being able to hold only one specialization at each time. It would make sense to grow tired of one thing, or perhaps regret it, and want to do something else.

However it will cause balance issues if they allow people to specialize in everything.

Yeah, but then again everything in Halo 1 weighed like 2 pounds. Dem springy-sphere based physics.

Also, went to download Noble again. Suggestion to Microsoft: you might sell more map packs if they were at the top of the "Extras" tab instead of avatar shirts and pants..

Seriously, how a games "game add on's", as DLC is labeled in the marketplace are not automatically and always at the top of extras or downloads for a game is beyond me.

I hope this is the case. Or at least being able to hold only one specialization at each time. It would make sense to grow tired of one thing, or perhaps regret it, and want to do something else.

However it will cause balance issues if they allow people to specialize in everything.
A true wolf will specialize in everything though. Gotta cleanse those BKs.

flaagra_pic.jpg

^Truth. That's why I think they're making it more of an actual, pin-point throw instead of just the "lob" in Halo 1/2

This man... This man right here knows his shit. That's why I'm trying to push everyone I know to get the Special Edition so WAY MORE people have access to all the maps from day one! We all know people are lazy and cheap, so offering future map packs to buy WITH the game on launch day via a redeemable code is ABSOLUTELY the smartest thing to do with DLC (at this point anyway).

Join the movement people. Buy the goods ;]

heckfu

Banned
HaloGaf, I need your help.

I really want to go to Pax Prime and dont know the best place to find a ticket for the weekend or anything else. Can someone help a Heckfu out?

wwm0nkey

I really want to go to Pax Prime and dont know the best place to find a ticket for the weekend or anything else. Can someone help a Heckfu out?

I think some people are selling their passes still (not sure) and me and Yeti still have room at our hotel :D

Ryaaan14

Banned

Was in the same boat as you last month, and the second I looked on eBay I basically yaoming.jpg'd.

Good luck though :_\

I looked them up and they are going for about $100 for a one day pass or about $250 for the three-day passes. Wildly overpriced and not worth it for that price for myself. I'm pretty much holding out for GAFers/others that sometimes sell their passes for fair prices closer to the event when scheduling conflicts arise, otherwise I won't be going.

I looked them up and they are going for about $100 for a one day pass or about $250 for the three-day passes. Wildly overpriced and not worth it for that price for myself. I'm pretty much holding out for GAFers/others that sometimes sell their passes for fair prices closer to the event when scheduling conflicts arise, otherwise I won't be going.

Interesting.

DLC-less Reach is like "I HOPE YOU LIKE ASYLUM AND/OR REFLECTION, SOMETIMES ZEALOT"
Every playlist in Reach is basically three maps. MLG is Countdown > Sanctuary > Zealot and maaaayyybe the occasional Pit (order based on frequency). How can anyone enjoy playing 3 maps over and over and over again? Thank you Bungie. Thank you Reach. With only 10 non-forge maps being released for Halo4, I'm highly concerned that the game will follow the same sad path. They're putting a lot of their eggs in a small basket, which won't bode well if the maps flop...

FyreWulff

Every playlist in Reach is basically three maps. MLG is Countdown > Sanctuary > Zealot and maaaayyybe the occasional Pit (order based on frequency). How can anyone enjoy playing 3 maps over and over and over again? Thank you Bungie. Thank you Reach. With only 10 non-forge maps being released for Halo4, I'm highly concerned that the game will follow the same sad path. They're putting a lot of their eggs in a small basket, which won't bode well if the maps flop...

With the 8GB requirement I imagine they're going to be pushing DLC hard. Hopefully it's actually with the point of adoption rates going up, because if they pull the 10$ forever stuff again it's not going to work.

And since we already know there's 3 DLC packs, I imagine they'll all be out before E3 2013.

TheOddOne

With the 8GB requirement I imagine they're going to be pushing DLC hard. Hopefully it's actually with the point of adoption rates going up, because if they pull the 10$ forever stuff again it's not going to work.

And since we already know there's 3 DLC packs, I imagine they'll all be out before E3 2013.
I keep hearing "the first three mappacks" in interviews, like there are going to be more.

FyreWulff

I keep hearing "the first three mappacks" in interviews, like there are going to be more.

Yeah, and we also heard there'd be more Reach DLC if Anni sold well. In their own words, Anniversary sold above expectations. I don't see any more Reach DLC.

With everything pointing to a 2 year cycle as standard, I don't see them having the bandwidth to work on both Halo 5 and more 4 DLC at the same time, unless the DLC is heavily outsourced to Certain Affinity. I wish they had done the outsourcing thing for Reach, just let Certain Affinity go wild and drop content on the playerbase every 3 months. Instead we got a repeat of 3 where the first two DLC packs released promptly and kept the playerbase hot, then they just sat on their hands to cross market another game again.

Omni

Though to be fair, the default maps in Reach was terrible. Can't say much in regards to Halo 4, but surely they won't be as bad.

Btw if anyone is wondering where I'm talking about with the whole spartan ops Laskey thing look here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35_pXjNsDUY&feature=player_embedded#t=938s

When he says "He's someone who I've cared...*Frankie glance* I've come to care about."

Crisis averted.

So I think Laskey is potentially one of the deaths.

My guess is laskey gets promoted to captain of the infinity because that captain del rio guy dies. When we got first told about the forward unto dawn.

"Forward Unto Dawn" will play out over five weekly installments, around 15 minutes each, telling an original story about the game's Master Chief and how he inspired a young UNSC cadet who will eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC Infinity spacecraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom