• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Sethos

Banned
Killing Floor

il9BRl8SDBpFk.png

iquhHmwVbn27m.png

ibyGxaSVHiDmSB.jpg

iTdDC7FB4HLzJ.jpg

Just finished the game... AWESOME EXPERIENCE! Never finished Demons Souls and thought that maybe Dark Souls wasn't for me, but I was WRONG! I LOVE THIS GAME!

Anyway, this is the album if you want extra shots I took: Dark Souls Album

My upload speeds were absolute shite the last few weeks and have since been fixed, hence the screenshots from a seemingly random selection of games.

inx9Nm5Ou4a5S.png

iT6iypxprA5pC.png

MrBig

Not sure where to ask this, but: any Inspector-bits for Planetside 2?

The only AA that will work is post AA, so you'll have to do SMAA if you want something better than the shitty FXAA solution they used, and you'll have to disable FXAA every time you open the launcher as there is no option to disable it ingame.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Here's another Dark Souls shot.

This one is to show and compare the level of detail that's lost in the console versions.

The first picture is rendered at the default game resolution and resized to be the same size as my 3240p shots while keeping their aspect ratio.

The second shot is at 3240p.

1024x720:

5760x3240:

There's a lot of details that just disappear. You can't even tell that theres etching on the chest plate. The bottom skirt area looks like cloth at the default resolution, but you can see it's actually chainlink at the higher res. Theres a ton of tiny detail hidden in the swords texture. The difference feels really drastic and I think it's really interesting.

scitek

Here's another Dark Souls shot.

This one is to show and compare the level of detail that's lost in the console versions.

The first picture is rendered at the default game resolution and resized to be the same size as my 3240p shots while keeping their aspect ratio.

The second shot is at 3240p.

[/url]

There's a lot of details that just disappear. You can't even tell that theres etching on the chest plate. The bottom skirt area looks like cloth at the default resolution, but you can see it's actually chainlink at the higher res. Theres a ton of tiny detail hidden in the swords texture. The difference feels really drastic and I think it's really interesting.

Durante's fix makes it one of the most fascinating cases for showcasing how resolution effects the overall fidelity of an image. The PC version of Dark Souls with and without DSFix should be used as a teaching aid in art and programming schools.

No other games can match the epic experience. Dark Souls is easily the best game I ever played.

Man, it has soooo much replay value! I've just started my second playthrough because, 1st I've enjoyed this game a lot and 2nd because I didn't know the game forces you to NG+ after you finish it and I didn't get the chance to see the DLC which I just found out how to access it and right now I'm screwed!

But to celebrate, this is how I feel about Dark Souls (see character expression):

iZqaEwCmgyJrr.jpg

HooYaH

Man, it has soooo much replay value! I've just started my second playthrough because, 1st I've enjoyed this game a lot and 2nd because I didn't know the game forces you to NG+ after you finish it and I didn't get the chance to see the DLC which I just found out how to access it and right now I'm screwed!

But to celebrate, this is how I feel about Dark Souls (see character expression):

iZqaEwCmgyJrr.jpg

I think your character is smiling at what's behind him.

Top Bottom