• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

scitek

Spec Ops: The Line

specopstheline2012-10f1cpd.png

specopstheline2012-10sbfv1.png

See, I'm conflicted here. On the one hand, the shots are obviously blurry. On the other, it looks good in motion and I am very hesitant to turn it down just for screenshots since I consider temporal aliasing to be worse by far.

Perhaps I should just turn off the in-game FXAA and use driver FXAA, since that doesn't show up on screenshots...

Do whatever you want. I don't think it's mandatory for games to look sharp and everyone to be pleased by what they see (which won't ever happen, anyway). I do think that you'd benefit from lessening the blur, though. Even if you don't think you'll notice a difference because of poor vision or whatever, I think you'd be surprised.

Testing different settings without in-game FXAA.

(This tree is a particularly good test of anti-aliasing)
Screenshot6034.png

(I figured out the reason the outlines look shoddy is because they're always rendered at either 1px or 2px thickness regardless of resolution, resulting in funkiness when using supersampling)
Screenshot29827.png

Better?

legacyzero

Banned
Testing different settings without in-game FXAA.

(This tree is a particularly good test of anti-aliasing)
img]https://xptjdq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1msGTmQwuWSn_-92BJrkr-3CumbYDRHDciyCe-HE_NBqygBWXkd7agH10GdoMlzWmNzHdB1-jVmuxz3T10zTxmsoYHCO1kd70JHCmAcG3Ov8PnOfrCqAsQxA/Screenshot6034.png?psid=1[/img]
(I figured out the reason the outlines look shoddy is because they're always rendered at either 1px or 2px thickness regardless of resolution, resulting in funkiness when using supersampling)
img]https://xptjdq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1mnX48simwBqmxUYDtoIO4v4X-vGDL2VweUhIpyseznhi4yaf2Jy0E9KdmjrRSg0xzC5iYlF23XLeX-8NVdbd6P8MRQE_aA-7fV3zlULXvgJnuy2N3oFL6Nw/Screenshot29827.png?psid=1[/img]

Better?
That's not so bad..

legacyzero

Banned
SEE? Why cant I get Hot Pursuit to look like that?

It's like my car looks nice, but everything else is strangely blurry and jagged.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Sorry Zyrusticae, but your shots are headache-inducing. I can't browse this thread without adblocking your shots.

Is that possible....can you actually adblock his images?
I dont want to put him my ignore list cuz im sure outside this thread he doesnt post stuff i would actively avoid.
So just blocking the images would be damn cool....having 100ppp means i always slowly browse down the page then get hit by the blurs

Sethos

Banned
Is that possible....can you actually adblock his images?
I dont want to put him my ignore list cuz im sure outside this thread he doesnt post stuff i would actively avoid.
So just blocking the images would be damn cool....having 100ppp means i always slowly browse down the page then get hit by the blurs

Yeah, adblock ( plus in my case ) lets you right click on specific pictures and block them.

Spazznid

ilrE3di2C20lt.png

iqvGXXtv0zYzY.png

Also, I don't seem to understand how flickr works...
I upload a 1080p image.
I then try to look at the image in 1080p on my browser and the highest is 1600 x 900p?
Then I try to download it and it says, "Download the large 1024 size of this photo."

Am I doing something wrong?

EXAMPLE

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I don't seem to understand how flickr works...
I upload a 1080p image.
I then try to look at the image in 1080p on my browser and the highest is 1600 x 900p?
Then I try to download it and it says, "Download the large 1024 size of this photo."

Am I doing something wrong?

As far as your images go on Flickr. When you are at the main page of a photo like you linked, you can click on Actions > View All Sizes.

On this page you can choose any size you want. For example, the picture you linked has a max size of 2048x1138. LINK TO ALL SIZES OF YOUR PHOTO

When I link a photo in this thread I use a smaller version so I don't kill peoples bandwidth. When I do an IMG link I just use the smaller size like the 1024 one and then you can click through to see a larger one by putting a link under the image.

Easier than quoting myself.

SHITTY EXAMPLE
7371702168_62a4352386_b.jpg

ORIGINAL SIZE LINK

I have a Pro account so perhaps it's different for me when I upload something as I have alot more options on my own photos like having an "Original" size option for photos on the All Sizes page which I don't see on your photo. In any case, you do have a big resolution for that photo linked.

Lol

"2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't hurt my sensitive eyes"

I gotta second that his shots make my eyes hurt. Them being out of focus makes it hurt to look at them. He's had a lot of good shots as far as composition goes but they still hurt a bit to look over. Not trying to discourage him posting but yeah....

Top Bottom