• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Interesting... so this is apparently the new DBZ movie:

Bug-eyed, cat face Anubis?

I don't see why not.

Why should I be ashamed of doing the right thing? If everyone were to help raise awareness of the glory that is NTR then surely the world would become a better place.

licklips4qckk.gif

yami4ct

Looked up some of the Ghilbi Blu-Ray information and got really sad. Totoro and Howl both have UK releases with no info on when the US release will come. Kiki's coming out in Japan soon. Sentai just released Grave of the Fireflies. Not sure I'll grab Grave as I'm not sure I have any interest/ability to watch that again.

Lack of releases for Totoro and Howl's are kind of infuriating. It's like Disney actively does not want my money.

Ezalc

Looked up some of the Ghilbi Blu-Ray information and got really sad. Totoro and Howl both have UK releases with no info on when the US release will come. Kiki's coming out in Japan soon. Sentai just released Grave of the Fireflies. Not sure I'll grab Grave as I'm not sure I have any interest/ability to watch that again.

Lack of releases for Totoro and Howl's are kind of infuriating. It's like Disney actively does not want my money.

Watching Grave of the Fireflies is like a rite of passage. Either you become one of the fallen or you survive and transform into something new.

yami4ct

Watching Grave of the Fireflies is like a rite of passage. Either you become one of the fallen or you survive and transform into something new.

Am I a horrible person for saying that film is more infuriating than sad? I mean, it's the kid's fault everything after
the horrible attacks on his town
went to shit. He could have just stuck it out, buried his pride and done what's best for him and his sister. Instead, he just ran from his problems and caused
both her and his own's deaths

trejo

Giant Fursuits Online 19

I was tempted to fall off the wagon for this? I suppose that little confrontation at the beginning did look pretty and all but good grief, I am not regretting kicking this show to the curb one bit. I thought the whole point of this arc was that
this time around motherfuckin' Kirito had a time limit to rescue his waifu from the clutches of Evil Man Lip Licker™ and needed to hurry the fuck up
so why the hell, then, is he running off to do some freakin' sidequesting at the drop of a hat? I guess there's just no escaping dat completionist gamer mentality after all. And don't even get me started on the fact that these two incestuous idiots for some inexplicable reason haven't been able to figure out their real world identities yet. Seriously, how freakin' retarded do you have to be?

Still, I find it oddly reassuring how no matter how many episodes I skip the sheer stupidity of the material will always remain the one constant throughout. That in itself requires a special kind of talent, I guess.

Ezalc

Am I a horrible person for saying that film is more infuriating than sad? I mean, it's the kid's fault everything after
went to shit. He could have just stuck it out, buried his pride and done what's best for him and his sister. Instead, he just ran from his problems and caused

See what I mean, transform into something new! And yes I agree.

El Sloth

Banned
Why should I be ashamed of doing the right thing? If everyone were to help raise awareness of the glory that is NTR then surely the world would become a better place.
You're a terrible man, Trejo. A true pervert. The lowest even.

You have my respect.
Switch's flashback is incredible. Everything else, I imagine the manga is just as good.
The main character's flashbacks are my favorite part of the comic. Maybe I'll just check out the animated flashbacks then. Thanks for the heads up, Cosmic.

Lain

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! 5

So cute at times (like the face Rikka makes at the end) I might have gotten a few cavities.
So far this show rocks, it manages to make me laugh pretty consistently. Nap upperclassman is awesome, though the crazy twintail loli is pretty good too.
As far as the adults go, I love the teacher's trolling and I have a certain appreciation for Rikka's sister and Yuta's mom.

Actually, that's exactly the interpretation its director Isao Takahata wanted you to have of the film. In fact, he was surprised to learn that people saw it as a tearjerker.

Wikipedia said:
However, director Isao Takahata repeatedly denied that the film was an anti-war anime. In his own words, "[The film] is not at all an anti-war anime and contains absolutely no such message." Instead, Takahata had intended to convey an image of the brother and sister living a failed life due to isolation from society and invoke sympathy particularly in people in their teens and twenties, whom he felt needed to straighten up and respect their elders for the pain and suffering they had experienced during arguably the darkest point in Japan's history.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The novel of GotF is suppose to be semi-autobiographical. And was essentially suppose to be a personal apology to the author's own dead sister.

duckroll

Code:Breaker - Episode 6

NViuH.jpg

Look ma, no CG!

Oh boy, this has been a great week for shounen action. The trend continues with the most 90s series this season - Douche Breaker! This week is pretty damn fun, with more amazing school scenes of Ogami feeling out of place, introduction of a new character, a non-CG bike, Heikie reciting an erotic novel, electric zombies, and yes, more AKU!!! I kinda dig the way the show mixes really cheap still shots with more animated action parts. It's also a very 90s way of stretching the budget just to have longer action sequences.

It looks like shit is really going to hit the fan next week. Great pacing, since we've just hit the mid-point of the series!

Orlandu84

Hello Anime GAF! Long time no post!

Just wanted to drop in and let some of you know that the Patlabor Movies 1 and 2 Collector's Editions are dirt cheap at the moment on amazon-

Patlabor Movie 1 Collector's Edition

Patlabor Movie 2 Collector's Edition

I already own both standard versions, but considering the huge amount of extras you get in the package, I double dipped on both.
Just wanted to share this price drop with anyone that is interested. I HIGHLY recommend both movies.

Thanks to Typographenia and Mature for the heads up on the price drop! I just ordered both of them even though I also already own the regular DVD releases.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Seriously. I know SAO has burnt people out and shit but episode 19 is freaking amazing. You should watch it.

Branduil

I was discussing this kind of thing with duckroll earlier and I have to wonder if A-1 pictures pictures are stretching themselves too thin with the vast amount of projects that they're undertaking. I have to assume that their main focus at the moment is on Sword Art Online.

Yet more proof that Sword Art Online is history's greatest monster.

wonzo

Banned
Folktales from Japan 33

Once upon a time, Kaiji's great-great-great-great-grandafther owned shit up as a legendary longbowman, greedy doctor's would be set straight by OBAMACAREthe supernatural and learn the wonders of Universal Health Care, and the communist coins from the last episode turned into a ghost and found salvation in BUDDHA NATURE.

Nah, that's pretty much exactly what Takahata was aiming for.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Everyone who's watched the episode has stated that it's better than previous episodes, and although that's not saying much, you really should watch it. It's really good.

Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~ 2
First world problems.
Without much delay, they get on with some action. Basically The bad girls from last season kidnap the main dude to get back at their humiliating defeat. The conversation over the phone with a kid and a drunk was pretty funny. It's pretty obvious how this little arc is going to end with.
It's kinda funny that Minato and his sister Yukari both become Ashikabi, but neither of them know that the other is one yet. To bad her Sekirei doesn't look like this.
uF8ql.jpg

You're going to have to be more specific.

cajunator

Banned

I feel the exact same way.
It wasnt a depressing film, it just pissed me off.

yami4ct

Actually, that's exactly the interpretation its director Isao Takahata wanted you to have of the film. In fact, he was surprised to learn that people saw it as a tearjerker.

I've never read that. It's an interesting quote. Given how everyone I know reacted to that film, I always felt like I had missed the point. Glad to know that's not the case, haha.

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 8

hhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnghggghhhh Belldandy.

damn you were right cajunator Urd is fine as fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccckkkk.

yeah I'm drunk wanna fight about it?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh yeah, HidaSketch 6 happened:

A3LWZl.jpg

I thought this pic was funny, given what happens in the episode near the end of the first half. lol

WZ2pkl.jpg

The second half was all :firehawk to the point where I thought I was watching K-On!! again. That well is probably the easiest one to keep going back to anyway.

OceanBlue

Seriously. I know SAO has burnt people out and shit but episode 19 is freaking amazing. You should watch it.

I'm kinda interested. Should I watch everything before it or just try episode 19 and see how much I can get? It's not like I don't know anything about the current setting because of the posts here and in the SAO thread, but...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
It's a solid episode. Come on... Have you even seen the first 5 minutes of it?

Nope, stopped watching a long time ago after reading everyone's impressions and not being all the entertained with the show myself.

I'm kinda interested. Should I watch everything before it or just try episode 19 and see how much I can get? It's not like I don't know anything about the current setting because of the posts here and in the SAO thread, but...

At this point, might as well just skip to the action bits of the episode. Not like the non-action stuff is any better than the junk from the past whatever episodes.

OceanBlue

At this point, might as well just skip to the action bits of the episode. Not like the non-action stuff is any better than the junk from the past whatever episodes.

I'm actually more interested in the visual quality than anything else. I kinda want to see how nice everything looks.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Everyone who's watched the episode has stated that it's better than previous episodes, and although that's not saying much, you really should watch it. It's really good.
The pacing on it is pretty brutal I thought. Maybe it takes a certain affinity for manufactured action scenes that have some strange two-dimensional logic to get something out of episodes like this. Instead of the show treading water it feels like its moving backwards.

Oh yeah, and if Kirito's sister has a picture of the in game version of herself on the ceiling how has he never seen it?

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 9

Was Sayoko crushing little toy cars or something? Why/ Why are those worth anything? Was that her idea 'of torture?" She had a hammer and he has balls. What more does she need dammit? Oooh. i"m gonna crush little hot wheel shit. Tell me your girlfriend's secret and su h.

Damn, Urd. Fine as shit. cajunator has good taste. That accent daammmmmnnnnn.

Never watching this show sober again.

Lain

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! 6

Another great episode. Makoto's manly sacrifice was touching and will be remembered for years to come.
I was happy to see his
bald head
managed to get
nap girl's
attention to
touch it.
I'm almost starting to come to terms with the opening. I still feel it is pretty psychotic and hurts my eyes/brain a little, but the music is nice and the animation of the scenes cool too. If only it played normally (it fits the show, but still...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom