• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

Shalomi

puck1337 said:
They need to pump up the Wind Waker engine for the Wii and license it out to 3rd party developers.

So... the Mario 64 engine?

If there's one thing that really astounds me about Miyamoto, it's how he's able to retrofit old technology to keep it relevent.

OH SHIT WHAT HAVE I DONE THAT WAS NOT A CRACK AT THE WII

.dmc

Banned
artful_dodger said:
ugh at some of this stuff. Anyone else feel like Nintendo should have waited one more generation to pull the new gen controller + last gen graphics bit?

No. I was playing Ancel's King Kong, of all things, this weekend, and it's a pretty damn good looking game, even on the cube. Thinking of Wii, it has the potential for far better texture resolution, lighting engines + appreciably higher polycounts than anything this gen. For it's price and what it does, that suits me fine, because I have no intention of paying full price for a 360 or ps3, nor paying the premium price for ps3/60 games. That says a lot about me as a gamer, but it is what suits me.

Besides, if Nintendo released a gamecube360 they wouldn't be around for the next-next-gen.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam

A couple new ones.

scr_030.jpg

scr_031.jpg

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Trucks exploding, trucks in the air, trucks in water, a volcano erupting...

It's plain to see that Excitetruck has it all folks

Deku

Banned
Excite Truck is shaping up to be a real sleeper considering no one gave it a chance at E3.

Also, needs more sparks.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Deku said:
Excite Truck is shaping up to be a real sleeper considering no one gave it a chance at E3.

Also, needs more sparks.

Excite truck's biggest problem at this point is Motorstorm on the PS3, as it is the one game that is more or less directly comparable. They're both muddy and both involve off-roading trucks. One of them has colorful, arcade gameplay, while the other is very gritty and very realistic. Both should be fun. It will be interesting to see if the fanboys at the local gamestop use this comparison to try to sell the product of their choice....

japtor

PantherLotus said:
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

A multiplayer adventure or another freaking party game?
looks sort of like its using the powerstone 2 formula...and sounds like it from the blurb on ign:
"The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy pits the characters from the popular Cartoon Network television show against each other in an adventure/fighting game, filled with mayhem and chaos"

Deku

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Excite truck's biggest problem at this point is Motorstorm on the PS3, as it is the one game that is more or less directly comparable. They're both muddy and both involve off-roading trucks. One of them has colorful, arcade gameplay, while the other is very gritty and very realistic. Both should be fun. It will be interesting to see if the fanboys at the local gamestop use this comparison to try to sell the product of their choice....

I'm sure they will.

civilstrife said:
I believe it's from Australia, hence the $99 value for Wiisports.

Yep. EB Australia tried to pull this shit with the DS launch too, claiming the Metroid demo was worth $70 and you'd ONLY get it if you pre-ordered.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
It is what you call a le' Ripoff, ok this is not really a screenshot but if you want a countdown calendar I made one for my site and a US one for my site and another..

Aussie Calendar
USA Calendar

I was bored at work what more can I say... (dont hurt me :lol )

Shalomi said:
So... the Mario 64 engine?

If there's one thing that really astounds me about Miyamoto, it's how he's able to retrofit old technology to keep it relevent.

OH SHIT WHAT HAVE I DONE THAT WAS NOT A CRACK AT THE WII
Somehow I doubt actual engine upgrades and retrofits are done by Miyamoto himself.

Saoh

VOOK said:
It is what you call a le' Ripoff, ok this is not really a screenshot but if you want a countdown calendar I made one for my site and a US one for my site and another..

Aussie Calendar
USA Calendar

:lol

awesome, but you missed the days. Monday, tuesday, wednesday....

VOOK

yeah i was going to but its already crowded, who needs the days, keep your eye on the prize, time and date is irelevent!! :lol

jarosh

Chris Remo said:
Somehow I doubt actual engine upgrades and retrofits are done by Miyamoto himself.
of course they are!
miyamoto - with some help of his enslaved pikmins - does all the coding, designing, writing etc. for every nintendo game!!

jarosh said:
of course they are!
miyamoto - with some help of his enslaved pikmins - does all the coding, designing, writing etc. for every nintendo game!!
What we know as Pikmin are merely physical manifestations of Miyamoto's creativity, work ethic, and mental energy.

big_z

The only thing holding me back from getting excite truck is the lack of online. **** that game would be awesome online.....

I get the feeling Excite Truck might be a good 'trial' game for me.

I was never a big fan of racing games, so I Excite Truck might be a good way to test if playing with a Wiimote is all that it's cracked up to be.

SuperPac

I'm getting such a "Hydro Thunder with trucks" vibe from Excite Truck, where there's semi realistic environments but crazy air and other crazy **** happening. I love it. It's a shame it's not a WFC game, but oh well.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Hopefully it will run at 60fps. Wave Race was one of my favorite racers on the GC but the framerate was awful.

PantherLotus said:

More or less Motorstorm is almost EXACTLY Excitetruck. They took the exact same gameplay concepts as Excitebike 64 (which is obviously the basis of Excitetruck). I can guarantee the planning meeting for that game went something like this.

Designer: I want to make a game almost exactly like Excitebike 64!
Exec: Well we would need something to differentiate it...
Designer: Well how about all sorts of vehicles not just bikes, oh and of course glitz it up with the unparalleled power bestowed upon us by almight Kutaragi-sensei!
Exec: Great!

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Man I haven't seen any new screens or info on Pokemon Battle Revolution since that first original announcement a long time ago.

Have they still not said anything about it or given out new media?

SuperPac said:
I'm getting such a "Hydro Thunder with trucks" vibe from Excite Truck, where there's semi realistic environments but crazy air and other crazy **** happening. I love it. It's a shame it's not a WFC game, but oh well.

Yeah, I get that too - which is a good thing. Hydro Thunder was a blast on the DC. This is a launch purchase for me, that shot of jumping over the ship is nuts.

JDSN

Banned
scr_031.jpg

:lol He was long ****ing arms.

JohnTinker said:
Man I haven't seen any new screens or info on Pokemon Battle Revolution since that first original announcement a long time ago.

Have they still not said anything about it or given out new media?

Wii3 video.

Mar

Excite Truck looks awesome.

*Edit:

VOOK said:

Aussie Calendar
USA Calendar

Nice site dude. I've been looking for a 'hub' of Australian info.

You say the first party games will be $99. Is that confirmed? I've been worried since looking at the Gameswizards website which lists most Wii games at $120.

**Edit 2: The Return of Edit

Just checked Gameswizards again. Now they list most games at $109, and first party $99. Move along. Nothing to see here.

VOOK

TheWolf said:
wish there was an "Only On Wii" thing on the boxes.

They might still add it somewhere though.

OT: If any Europeans want my Calendar I can make a UK one too

SuperPac

TheWolf said:
wish there was an "Only On Wii" thing on the boxes.

Not that I care one way or the other, but why? So we can debate platform exclusivity on messageboards?

I prefer the cleaner look of the box art without more logo clutter (eventually we'll have the WFC logo on there too), and in general I don't think consumers tend to look at or care about labels like that. PS2, PSP, DS don't have them.

wsippel

Banned
Kelsonk said:
What the hell is this thing and where can I get one?
VW Tarek. And it would be quite hard to get one, it was never mass produced - it was designed and used for Paris-Dakar. Parts of the design are also to be found in the VW Touareg, though...

Sunski

DefectiveReject said:
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/6727

Monster 4x4 video with steering wheel attachment.
Looks okay for a launch game, guy controls like crap first lap, but second lap, he's got the hang of it and handles quite well.

I think that looks nice. Games have come so far in the current Cube/PS2/XBox gen that nobody can say a game like that looks "Like crap" surely? The visual are clean and pleasant. Minimal popup. Textures. Lens flare. Some neat effects here and there. It doesn't look THE BEST but it looks good.

Top Bottom