• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft teases for E3 with countdown: "And it's on..."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I place about a .00001% chance of that multiple-projector setup being included with this next Xbox. That added cost wouldn't be worth it. Plus, how many people actually have a traditional living room set up with bare walls for that to work?

DieH@rd

Banned
I place about a .00001% chance of that multiple-projector setup being included with this next Xbox. That added cost wouldn't be worth it. Plus, how many people actually have a traditional living room set up with bare walls for that to work?

.00001% of them.

IrishNinja

he meant the next generation of graphics. ;)

oh
he should've said as much

What's your problem?

The fact that you think that post had some underlying motive to indirectly insult the Wii U by not calling it next-gen tells me a lot about you and your fanboy insecurities. I wasn't thinking about the Wii U, at all.

wow, that's some projecting right there
the next-gen thing was taking the piss, but i seriously don't get those defining things otherwise because, you know, definitions
likewise with 2), taking the piss because ive seen you make weird arguments in the past (you're all over the place in sales-age man, haha), wasn't meant to be taken so harshly but that's fanboy insecurities for you i guess

oh
he should've said as much

wow, that's some projecting right there
the next-gen thing was taking the piss, but i seriously don't get those of you defining things otherwise because, you know, definitions
likewise with 2), taking the piss because ive seen you make weird arguments, wasn't meant to be taken so harshly but that's fanboy insecurities for you i guess

You're the one who got butthurt over it. Stop trying to project that onto me.

kinggroin

Banned
It would have to take a disaster of epic proportions, to prevent them from completely beasting this E3 event. They are going to murder.

Ho snap... hoping for PS4 as well!

I have no loyalty between the two... whichever has the most JRPG's, I will get! It'll likely be PS4 again though.

I figured since you're saying 'again' that you've got the PS3 first due to having the most JRPG's. But the PS3 didn't have more JRPG's.

IrishNinja

so friendly discussion in the pregame to a console announcement = butthurt..okay!
thanks for this exchange heavy, see you next time man!

I figured since you're saying 'again' that you've got the PS3 first due to having the most JRPG's. But the PS3 didn't have more JRPG's.

true, 360 got Lost Odyssey & Tales, but depending on how loose your definition, PS3 got Valkyria, Demons & such. maybe too close to call, since a lotta the greats went handheld last gen.

so friendly discussion in the pregame to a console announcement = butthurt..okay!
thanks for this exchange heavy, see you next time man!

"stop it heavy"
"you're heavy"

Stop trying to play off your posts as jokes and friendly exchange when clearly they were butthurt and condescending.

-SD-

Banned
I can already predict the developer comments:

Xbox 3 is so powerful we can finally unleash our full creative potential. Only the sky is the limit.

Bgamer90

Banned
I hope star wars 1313 and watch dogs will be next gen launch titles,alan wake 2 as well.

Same here.

If Star Wars 1313, Watch_Dogs, and Forza 5 are all launch titles then I will definitely try to get the new xbox on day 1. Not going to lie.

IrishNinja

"stop it heavy"
"you're heavy"

Stop trying to play off your posts as jokes and friendly exchange when clearly they were butthurt and condescending.

"stop it heavy" = clearly taking the piss
"you're heavy" = you make strange posts sometimes, like in sales-age

neither was meant to be personal - sorry you're taking it that way but it wasn't my intent

Sid

Same here.

If Star Wars 1313, Watch_Dogs, and Forza 5 are all launch titles then I will definitely try to get the new xbox on day 1. Not going to lie.
Heck i'm pretty sure i'll get both the next gen consoles if the 720 has these 3 and PS4 has the new SSM IP and after TLOU the wait for next gen is gonna be unbearable.

"stop it heavy" = clearly taking the piss
"you're heavy" = you make strange posts sometimes, like in sales-age

neither was meant to be personal - sorry you're taking it that way but it wasn't my intent

"you're heavy" isn't condescending and belittling? Get off your high horse.

What a bizarre thing to get butthurt over, a fucking game of thrones joke where my intent was clearly to discount the Wii U as a next-gen system. You caught me! PM me if you'd like to continue this.

IHaveIce

Banned
It would have to take a disaster of epic proportions, to prevent them from completely beasting this E3 event. They are going to murder.

Kinect will ruin it for the most.

Funny to see again a whole thread discussing the next gen, just because of a countdown.

Seems like this PR works

Well, if you care about B/C grade stuff like Neptunia or Atelier games, it did. It also got Disgaea, Valkyria and it's getting Ni No Kuni soon. I think a true JRPG fan should really have all platforms this gen since neither of them got a lot of great games, but all of them got a few.

kinggroin

Banned
Kinect will ruin it for the most.

Funny to see again a whole thread discussing the next gen, just because of a countdown.

Seems like this PR works

7 years this gen has been going. Can you really blame anyone for getting excited at even a whiff of a next-gen fart? And that's what this is, a fart. Stinky and brief as it is, its acknowledgment all the same that next gen hardware and software is digesting and percolating.

Kerub

Banned
Kinect 2.0 controls only. Launch games includes Nike training, Bing and internet explorer. You have to buy XBL Gold to use Bing and explorer.

itsgreen

You guys do realize it's 'just' Major Nelson posting a countdown to 'just' E3... it isn't really significant by itself...

Hoo-doo

Banned
You guys do realize it's 'just' Major Nelson posting a countdown to 'just' E3... it isn't really significant by itself...

This. If it were a dedicated Microsoft website or the sign of a marketing campaign starting off, i'd be excited.

Major Nelson using CountingDownTo.com to create a random counter to post on his blog doesn't really mean anything. It's his job year-round to keep people excited.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
This. If it were a dedicated Microsoft website or the sign of a marketing campaign starting off, i'd be excited.

Major Nelson using CountingDownTo.com to create a random counter to post on his blog doesn't really mean anything. It's his job year-round to keep people excited.

he doesnt normally do this.....

mocoworm

Xbox 720: countdown begins to E3 announcement

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/jan/03/xbox-720-countdown-begins

"As for the specifications of the hardware, game sites are already making educated guesses, based on developer titbits and a bunch of leaked documents apparently revealing a Microsoft Xbox roadmap for the coming year. Tech Radar is not alone in expecting a quad-core Intel processor and 8GB of memory; a huge leap over the Xbox 360 specs (although developer sources have indicated to The Guardian that we should expect 4GB of memory). An Nvidia graphics chipset is also likely, as is a new generation of the Kinect motion control hardware, which could support up to four players simultaneously.

Now that Microsoft has apparently placed its cards on the table, Sony will doubtless follow. A PlayStation 4 announcement has also been expected for some time and Sony will not want to give Microsoft a head start, as it did with Xbox 360, which arrived a year before PS3. It could be that Sony will line up a rival announcement at E3, making this the most important video game trade show for several years."

Hoo-doo

Banned
he doesnt normally do this.....

Almost as if Larry Hryb is an actual human being an not a scripted automaton that does the exact same stuff every single year for every single E3. ;)

In Major Nelson's eyes, every single E3 is the greatest gaming event of all time.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/jan/03/xbox-720-countdown-begins

"As for the specifications of the hardware, game sites are already making educated guesses, based on developer titbits and a bunch of leaked documents apparently revealing a Microsoft Xbox roadmap for the coming year. Tech Radar is not alone in expecting a quad-core Intel processor and 8GB of memory; a huge leap over the Xbox 360 specs (although developer sources have indicated to The Guardian that we should expect 4GB of memory). An Nvidia graphics chipset is also likely, as is a new generation of the Kinect motion control hardware, which could support up to four players simultaneously.

Now that Microsoft has apparently placed its cards on the table, Sony will doubtless follow. A PlayStation 4 announcement has also been expected for some time and Sony will not want to give Microsoft a head start, as it did with Xbox 360, which arrived a year before PS3. It could be that Sony will line up a rival announcement at E3, making this the most important video game trade show for several years."

they mention nvidia graphics card ?

A countdown for an event half a year away? That's overdoing it a smidgen. I'm excited for the next-gen as much as the next guy but come on.

Omega

Banned
xbox live now only $100/yr, and can only be purchased from a microsoft store or credit card no more third party sites with their 50% off deals. non-gold members are not even allowed to play single player

AND MORE APPS! that no one will ever use

oh and CoD of course. sorry for the spoiler of their big reveal.

Hindle

Banned
I'm going to assume MS return to what they were like in 2007, which was games everywhere. I expect Kinect will be there but less of a focus?

If its the other way around then I'll just buy a PC.

omonimo

Banned

Oh my lol, serious rumour leaked.
The Guardian is a very well respected publication and has had the heads up on lots of tech stuff in the past including Apple launches.
An Nvidia graphics chipset is also likely
Although doesn't know what the hell he is talking about? :|

The Guardian is a very well respected publication and has had the heads up on lots of tech stuff in the past including Apple launches.

Yeah, but is neogaf knowledge it is competing here with that article. Everybody here nows Nvidia is nowhere in next consoles. So that article writer knows less than the 80.000 neogaf members, the 20.000 beyond3d members, and so on... I don´t know if that can be considered be a well tech stuff publication versed. They didn´t tried to google for the answer or what. And this lack of investigation is something that irritates me a lot as i see it everyday in the major mass media.

McHuj

I think they're just going off the Tech Radar story which is a rehash of another story.

However this bit:

although developer sources have indicated to The Guardian that we should expect 4GB of memory)

seems to indicate that the Guardian specifically dug this up.

mocoworm

Yeah, but is neogaf knowledge it is competing here with that article. Everybody here nows Nvidia is nowhere in next consoles.

I know that, but it doesn't necessarily mean that you should dismiss everything that is in the article, as suggested :) They say that their own sources have uncovered the 4GB info.

Top Bottom