• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder: Anarchy Reigns, Platinum's multiplayer brawler, comes out Jan. 8 for $30

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
IIRC in EU she's available with all preorders and first print copies

while she's a gamestop exclusive in the US along with the modes

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
eeyup

Disappointing after how awesomely they handled DLC for japan. Insanely importer friendly I can't tell you how much I appreciated that.(All of it could be obtained for free on the net within a certain time period or came in the box)

Neiteio

What character(s) is everyone anticipating? I'm really digging Big Bull, Douglas and the Rin sisters at the moment. Can't wait to finally try them out. :)

Neiteio

I had a lot of fun with Sasha in the demo but it's the return of The Queen that has me hyped.
Is "The Queen" Mathilda? Because I know Rin Rin is a character returning from MadWorld, as well.

Which characters were in the demo, btw?

And yeah, Sasha looks awesome. I really appreciate her after seeing some of her cutscenes from the campaign. Plus, the way her snow spikes change so dramatically is cool.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Bayonetta is The Queen!

As for demo characters it was Jack, Leo, Mathilda, Garuda, Sasha, and Blacker Baron. Most people used Leo (easy combo strings) and the Baron (damn his one hit KO super uppercut) back then.

Sasha had an interesting mid-range style and she attacks from werrd angles with her R2(?) attacks. I'd usually get creamed in small space free-for-alls (unless I used her diving spike attack which hit like a truck and most people didn't anticipate) but if I had space and in 1 on 1s I'd win those a lot more often than not.

Neiteio

Fei. Rin.
Now are you referring to one character, Fei Rin, or two characters, Fei Rin and Rin Rin?

I personally can't figure out which sister looks most interesting. I hear Fei and Ai have the edge thanks to their air-based Killer Weapon moves, but I think I like Rin best aesthetically, and her flaming fans remind me of Trish in UMvC3, who had that awesome move where she tossed her scythe and it twirled repeatedly into her foe. I love that shit and Rin can do that with her fans.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Now are you referring to one character, Fei Rin, or two characters, Fei Rin and Rin Rin?

I personally can't figure out which sister looks most interesting. I hear Fei and Ai have the edge thanks to their air-based Killer Weapon moves, but I think I like Rin best aesthetically, and her flaming fans remind me of Trish in UMvC3, who had that awesome move where she tossed her scythe and it twirled repeatedly into her foe. I love that shit and Rin can do that with her fans.

Hah, I forgot that Rin Rin was a character.

Fei Rin will be the first character I try and, because I'm a character loyalist, the one that I stick with for most of the game, I'm sure.

Neiteio

Figured I'd drop this here -- just a collection of hi-res art I slapped together to showcase the crazy F-Zero-esque cast. Who's your favorite? Also, Wikipediahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchy_Reigns lists all of the characters' weapon names. "Super Sexy Fists of Fire" for Blacker Baron's flaming eagle hood ornament gauntlets, lol.

Drag and drop to see uncompressed. Could use a higher-res Mathilda. There's no art available of Gargoyle, to my knowledge. And you already know what Bayonetta looks like, lol.

JACK

5490Jack-Character-Art.jpg

LEO

leorgb.jpg

BLACKER BARON

Fighting-Game-General1675.jpeg

MATHILDA

Anarchy-Reigns-Mathilda-Render.jpg

BIG BULL

Anarchy_Reigns_HD1.jpg

SASHA

Anarchy-Reigns-sexy.jpg

NIKOLAI

nikolai.jpg

ZERO

anarachy_reigns_zero_character_screens-2.jpg

DURGA

6246durga-render.jpg

GARUDA

6248garuda-render.jpg

OINKIE

oinkie_comparison.png

AI RIN

airinrgb.png

FEI RIN

feirinrgb.png

RIN RIN

rinrinrgb.png

DOUGLAS

douglasrgb.png

MAX

maxrgb.png

Babalu.

wow! just heard about this now and it looks so fun and awesome.

but no local multiplayer = no buy.

sucks too because i would have preordered. wtf is the point of a brawler/fighter if you cant coop or split screen with your buds sitting next to you.

this fucking generation...

Neiteio

wow! just heard about this now and it looks so fun and awesome.

but no local multiplayer = no buy.

sucks too because i would have preordered. wtf is the point of a brawler/fighter if you cant coop or split screen with your buds sitting next to you.

this fucking generation...
To be honest, aside from system link, I'm not sure how LAN parties would be feasible with this game. Have you seen how crazy it gets? Better to get a copy yourself and convince your friends to do the same, and go online with them. Or with us here at GAF! And you can still do single-player story mode or the other modes against bots. Incredibly solid mechanics here. Only $30, too. :)

Top Bottom