• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder: Anarchy Reigns, Platinum's multiplayer brawler, comes out Jan. 8 for $30

Neiteio

Well, technically it came out in import-friendly region-free English when it launched in Japan this past summer, where it was called Max Anarchy. But now it's moving on up -- to the west side [/Jeffersons theme] -- and I keep forgetting it's nearly here.

I haven't played it yet. But doesn't this look fun? The only sucky part is having to preorder at Gamestop to get the Bayonetta DLC... Is it even possible to preorder at this point? (I usually don't preorder, so I'm not savvy to this stuff!)

If you're curious about the game's finer mechanics, I recommend this excellent Eurogamer review.

One character is a steam-powered minotaur with a rocket-powered sledgehammer. Another is a cyborg ninja with twin katanas. I'm just sayin'.

If those who have played it can share their impressions, that would be most welcome. OOOH YEAH.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
It was fun playing with other neogaf importers, but here's hoping they balanced some things out.

AKA here's hoping they nerfed grabs.

Eusis

The only sucky part is having to preorder at Gamestop to get the Bayonetta DLC... Is it even possible to preorder at this point? (I usually don't preorder, so I'm not savvy to this stuff!)
You can pre-order up until just before it comes out and possibly STILL get that sort of stuff, as happened with me for P4G (literally the night before as I canned the Amazon pre-order due to a trip). This will be especially true if it's just a DLC code printed on a receipt on pick up, I can't see why they'd run out of THAT ahead of time.

Anyways, pre-ordered and waiting.

Carbonox

For those who preordered from Zavvi in the UK, it's already been dispatched. I received my PAL copy yesterday. :lol

It's a fun game, tad repetitive and quite difficult at times.

Very arcade-y in a way but addictive all the same.

For those who preordered from Zavvi in the UK, it's already been dispatched. I received my PAL copy yesterday. :lol

It's a fun game, tad repetitive and quite difficult at times.

Very arcade-y in a way but addictive all the same.

Just checked and mine was despatched on the 21st. I ordered expecting it to be late considering it's Zavvi but I might actually get it well before release.

It's still £14.95 for anyone who's interested. http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/anarchy-reigns-limited-edition/10650905.html

chrono01

I pre-ordered mine at EBGames.ca yesterday. Bonus DLC character [of Bayonetta, no less!] and two bonus modes [as well as the actual game, of course] for $30?

Umm, yes please! I can only hope that the online community remains strong for a decent amount of time.

JoeFenix

At 30$ there really is no excuse for people not to pick this up. Finally a new P* game!

This year will be glorious with Anarchy Reigns, MGS Rising and Wonderful 101. Not to mention Bayonetta 2 being a possible 2013 release. God damn!!!!

chrono01

If I pre-order from gamestop, do I get both modes and Bayonetta?

Which platform is best?
Yes, you get both! Amazing deal, I know.

As for which platform is best, I've heard that the PS3 was the development platform, but both versions are nearly identical. Choose whichever version you prefer the controller for, or whichever online community you'd like to play against.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I forgot this was $30. You know, I think I'll preorder this tomorrow for the extra stuff. I haven't bought a Platinum game day 1 before and I feel bad about it.

Dereck

You can pre-order up until just before it comes out and possibly STILL get that sort of stuff, as happened with me for P4G (literally the night before as I canned the Amazon pre-order due to a trip). This will be especially true if it's just a DLC code printed on a receipt on pick up, I can't see why they'd run out of THAT ahead of time.

Anyways, pre-ordered and waiting.
I just went to Gamestop to pre-order this game, the guy said the Bayonneta and DLC stuff he's "unsure" about. Forget that idea.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just went to Gamestop to pre-order this game, the guy said the Bayonneta and DLC stuff he's "unsure" about. Forget that idea.
They ways say stuff like that to make it seem like the preorder bonuses are super limted. I highly doubt that there is enough demand for this game for there to be an issue with getting the preorder bonus.

The preorder code is also printed on the receipt, so it's not like they have to worry about the freaking cards like they used to do.

Also, hate that I have to preorder from GS for Bayo, unless she ends up a free DLC later.

Foxix Von

I still have to get out to Gamestop sometime and pre-order.

I'm in the same boat. Thinking about it I've still got an order left on PS All stars. Maybe I can cancel it and move it to Anarchy.

Think I'll do it tonight. Is the DLC only available through Gamestop or are other retailers offering it as well?

Eusis

They're sometimes utterly clueless (one guy swore Nintendo owned Sega and was licensing out Sonic), but it never hurts to be safe. I'd just pre-order the next time it's convenient if you want the game and Bayonetta enough, $30 makes it very easy to swallow.

If I preorder online from gamestop, do they deliver both the game AND the preorder code to me?

Driving all the way to the nearest store is not an option I'm afraid. I just need to know whether or not I should cancel my Amazon preorder.

chrono01

If I preorder online from gamestop, do they deliver both the game AND the preorder code to me?

Driving all the way to the nearest store is not an option I'm afraid. I just need to know whether or not I should cancel my Amazon preorder.
Yes, the code should be emailed to you shortly after the game ships.

MormaPope

Banned
Damn, for $30 this is an incredibly easy buy. Are there any impression threads made when the Japanese version came out?

Koralsky

zavvi already sent my copy, so I'm expecting to play the game when I go back to my home after holidays.

Good (Platinum) times.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
At 30$ there really is no excuse for people not to pick this up. Finally a new P* game!

This year will be glorious with Anarchy Reigns, MGS Rising and Wonderful 101. Not to mention Bayonetta 2 being a possible 2013 release. God damn!!!!
2013 is the year of Platinum.

Osietra

Banned
An updated Powerstone for either of the portables or iOS would be really nice.

Vita would be my preferred choice.

matmanx1

It's $30 and it's by Platinum. Even with several other unfinished games in my current backlog I am not missing out on this one. I've had my preorder in for quite some time and am looking forward to it.

Jhoan

Day One because I love brawlers and its price is a steal. Also, Platinum makes great games in general so why not. It looks like I'll be pre-ordering it from Gamestop as well. That Eurogamer review has increased my interest in it. If this is as a close we'll get to a God Hand sequel, then by all means, I'm going to spread the word about this game.

I have a feeling this game is not going to sell very well depending on how much sales Sega is projecting for them to break even, but it'd be nice if it became a cult hit like Deadly Premonition did at 20 bucks. I want it to do well.

Quick question. Can I pre-order it on Gamestop.com and still get the pre-order DLC's or is it B&M only?

Top Bottom