• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder: Anarchy Reigns, Platinum's multiplayer brawler, comes out Jan. 8 for $30

Persona7

Banned
Fuck fuck fuck, please don't be true. :(

I've heard of people having issues when playing with people in different countries so that is to be expected. That falls outside of the game net code.

In my experience, it was smooth. I borrowed a friends import copy.

I have this pre-ordered, can't wait.

It plays five times better than it looks, and you could try checking out the demo if the JP stores still have it up. Satisfying brawler with a beast soundtrack.

Cool, I'll check out the jap store and see if it's still available. May need a little convincing with this one, so a demo could do the trick.

And now that you mention it, Platinum really has nailed the soundtrack in every game they've made.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Importers- I don't see why we won't be able to play online with American and European players. The game has multiple regions listed in matchmaking...

I've heard of people having issues when playing with people in different countries so that is to be expected. That falls outside of the game net code.

In my experience, it was smooth. I borrowed a friends import copy.

I have this pre-ordered, can't wait.

This- some matches are smoother than others; overall I didn't find the netcode horrible and the smaller sized match types certainly worked better than the larger ones.

I'm tempted to pick this up again on 360. Not sure yet.

vg260

I wanna do this but I imagine it will already be out of the plastic when i go to pick it up and I'd be pissed. "But it's still new! No one played it!"

That happened to me once. I pre-orderd two copies of a game they weren't stocking unless pre-ordered. They gutted both of my copies. I told them to keep em. Last time I shopped there.

Aucool

Zavvi sent my copy today. :D
rdWEh.jpg

The release date isn't 11/01 ?

edit: I've just checked and the status of my order is "awaiting for dispatch" and the estimated dispatch date is 01/01, that's strange but I like it :p

Koralsky

rdWEh.jpg

edit: I've just checked and the status of my order is "awaiting for dispatch" and the estimated dispatch date is 01/01, that's strange but I like it :p

Zavvi sent my copy on 21 December. I live in Bulgaria.

Quantity Title Estimated Delivery Date Price Each
1 Anarchy Reigns (Limited Edition) - PS3 On or before 1th January * €19.29

Carbonox

rdWEh.jpg

Yeah, a lot of people (myself included) have already received the game from Zavvi. Guess they're in a good mood.

Man, I'd like this game but it's coming out at such a bad time for me. By the time I will actually find time to play this both DmC and Ni No Kuni will be out. I have limited funds and I'd much prefer those titles, so it looks like I will be giving it a miss. Shame, since had it come out in 2012 I probably would have day one'd it.

The Stig

game looks interesting but those guys in that video (first one posted in OP) made it unbearable. let alone the fact I had to wait several minutes to get to any footage of the game AT ALL.

Pre-ordered it last week. I have no idea why I am getting this game but it just looks like mindless fun and the pricepoint is perfect.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I think I heard you can only use two characters for the campaign, but there are ways to play as all of the other characters in a single-player capacity, correct? Like against CPUs in the arena modes, perhaps?

You can do CPU simulation matches

and also you can use all characters in all chapters in the campaign's Free Mode once you complete the game on that difficulty level

Importers- I don't see why we won't be able to play online with American and European players. The game has multiple regions listed in matchmaking...

IIRC the plan was always to release worldwide simultaneously in all regions so all players could play each other at the same time.

Don't think anything has changed besides the release plan.

In short; yes we will be able to play people buying on the 8th.

I also don't think Sega or Platinum has done any work on the game since its release, so Western versions are probably identical to the Japanese one.(in case anyone was really expecting changes)

Nerf grabs (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

They're already weak

I hope you guys don't get burned like I did when I imported. The netcode is horrendous, single player content is terribad, and infinite combos EVERYWHERE.

I'm ok with the infinite/100%'s in this game. With how strong defensive options are and how easy it is to run away with the right perks, I like that you're able to secure the kill if you're able to get the opening.

and it's not a 1v1 game so infinites aren't that bad as other players are waiting to take advantage of you performing them. So you gotta take that into account as well when going for extended combos.

Game is fun. Just gotta abandon any preconceived notions you may have of what a fighting game is or should be and adapt.

Netcode is fine and the Single Player content is as good as it was ever gonna be btw.

Wasn't really feeling the demo but I'm still intrigued. I just wish it was coming at a different time since I'll be playing/buying like 5 other games around the time this comes out.

Lyte Edge

I'm not much of an MP guy so how's the SP? Are there bot matches or anything?

SP is fun. This is the best 3D beat-em-up this gen, IMO.

Yes, and if you're not into multiplayer versus, there's also two 3P co-op modes. One of them is one of the extra two modes from the Gamestop pre-order IIRC.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
game looks interesting but those guys in that video (first one posted in OP) made it unbearable. let alone the fact I had to wait several minutes to get to any footage of the game AT ALL.

lol

I've been out of the loop for a while now, but during the summer this guy was my favorite player to watch

http://www.youtube.com/user/IRON608/videos?query=anarchy

Much better example of how the game is played online than the guys in the OP, who were either playing for the first time or just mashing. =P

He labels his videos by character played(or at least his later ones) so do a search for someone you're interested in and maybe pick up a bit on what to do with them.(Guy doesn't really go for the fancier stuff. Keeps his stuff short and practical maximizing damage)

SP is fun. This is the best 3D beat-em-up this gen, IMO.

Yes, and if you're not into multiplayer versus, there's also two 3P co-op modes. One of them is one of the extra two modes from the Gamestop pre-order IIRC.
Cool I may have to try this. I was hoping all the MP modes would be playable with bots but I guess that's too much to ask for, oh well.

I cant wait for the game. I have to replay Mad World for this.

How close is Mad World to Anarchy Reigns?

How many Chars are there anyway?

hugejeans

Neo Member
Got mine a few days ago here in uk on PS3 . Plays great with some great combos. MP as to be expected is dominated by high level players in Japan who show no mercy to a level 1 player. But then would you.

Things will change I hope with the US and Euro release. This game has made me pre order metal gear now as platinum can do no wrong in my eyes.

Lyte Edge

Sort of interested in this. Have Japan impressions been positive?

Yes!

Does it play as well as the rest of platinum's catalogue?

Yes!

flRWu.gif

Check the Japanese PSN Store/XBL marketplace and see if the Max Anarchy demo is still up. If it is, you'll be able to see what the game is like in both single and multiplayer.

Malajax

I keep hearing about online multiplayer, but is there in person multiplayer? For all the talk about it being a great fighting game, an online only fighting game seems like a poor choice at the moment.

Volcynika

I keep hearing about online multiplayer, but is there in person multiplayer? For all the talk about it being a great fighting game, an online only fighting game seems like a poor choice at the moment.

There is no local multiplayer.

Check the Japanese PSN Store/XBL marketplace and see if the Max Anarchy demo is still up. If it is, you'll be able to see what the game is like in both single and multiplayer.

They took it down shortly after release I think.

I hope you guys don't get burned like I did when I imported. The netcode is horrendous, single player content is terribad, and infinite combos EVERYWHERE.

The netcode is fantastic, I think the problem is the people we were playing with when we imported. When I played it between a few friends of mine who are local, we had no netcode troubles at all. The problem is that we were mainly playing with folks in east asia when we imported.

Arklite

Sort of interested in this. Have Japan impressions been positive?
Does it play as well as the rest of platinum's catalogue?

Plays very well, it has a similar feel to God Hand if you ever played that. The single player isn't too long, but it has two campaigns going through variations of similar areas with different cutscenes/objectives.

The real fun is multiplayer where the arena's throw ridiculous environmental hazards at you (falling cargo planes, black holes, Cthulu) in the middle of the crazy brawls. Also, can't say enough about the OST, though it's heavy on rap so it may not be likeable to all.

Volcynika

I need to get my import copy back from my friend before it comes out here. Would love to do some Mad Survival with Gaffers.

Top Bottom