• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder: Anarchy Reigns, Platinum's multiplayer brawler, comes out Jan. 8 for $30

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I keep hearing about online multiplayer, but is there in person multiplayer? For all the talk about it being a great fighting game, an online only fighting game seems like a poor choice at the moment.

It's not really a fighting game- it's a brawler/beat-em-up. Multiplayer versus modes are FPS/TPS respawning-deathmatch-style games where you try to rack up the most kills within the time limit. The largest game type allows for 16 players at once.

If you've ever played Capcom's Spawn: In The Demon's Hand, AR is similar.

Yuterald

Buy/enjoy our game, please. Thank you and happy new year. ;)

You guys will be sitting upon the most glorious of thrones in 2013. Your lineup is unprecedented. If you release Bayonetta 2 in 2013 then everyone else in the industry should just pack up their suitcases. I'll be there, day one, for each of your releases, supporting you guys from the front lines, making wise cracks and small jokes under my breath to all the boners in line at GameStop not picking up your games upon release. To the guy in front of me picking up DmC instead of Rising, I'll say, "Enjoy your Kid's Meal" as he turns away from the counter. When some regular guy brings his gift card to GameStop and puts it towards a reduced priced copy of Playstation All Stars Dumpster Royal come January 8th, I'll be like, "Yo, you should pick up Anarchy Reigns instead. It's the mad truth." When the sedated, emotionless, wannabe military drones line up to get Alien: Colonial Marines and Crysis 3 come January 19th, I'll be all like back flipping and cartwheeling throughout the store, displaying my enthusiasm for MGR, you know, a good game. When Wonderful 101 drops, I'll walk in the store and be like..."I'm here to pick up my Wonderful 101"...and that's it, I guess. I don't think there's much competition on the Wii U front yet, lol! Don't worry, no matter how you slice the pizza, I got your back, P*.

Hopefully, 2013 will be your time to shine. If not, well, fuck everyone else, lol! Keep doing what you do best and never compromise. Happy new year!

Himself

I was on the fence despite being a huge Platinum fan. Watched some gameplay on YouTube and pre-ordered. Dis gon b gud.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
This is incredibly disappointing.

Yeah it is

but it was a design decision they made pretty early in development. This was going to be an online game. Anarchy wouldn't exist in its current form as a local play game.

So it is what it is I guess. It's still a really fun game

That being said though, if Platinum ever did try their hand at multiplayer again(co-op or competitive) I personally hope local play would be the primary focus in development with online to supplement it. As fun as Anarchy is I don't think an online only fighting game is the best idea in the long term for your game.

Neiteio

This game looks like it would've been awesome in arcades. Imagine four Anarchy Reigns arcade cabinets lined up and engaged in the same match. :O

This game looks like it would've been awesome in arcades. Imagine four Anarchy Reigns arcade cabinets lined up and engaged in the same match. :O

Spot on. ;)

Definitely would've played with my buddies at the local arcade.

I'll be grabbing the 360 version for the US release but if anyone wants to, you can hook it up with me online with the PS3 version. Don't have Gold! ;D

I would love the shit out of this game if it had an arcade cab. Holy fuck.

This game would be so amazing if system-link was possible. EVO2013 believe

Neiteio

Spot on. ;)

Definitely would've played with my buddies at the local arcade.

I'll be grabbing the 360 version for the US release but if anyone wants to, you can hook it up with me online with the PS3 version. Don't have Gold! ;D

Spot on. That's what it comes off as, extremely arcadey.

I would love the shit out of this game if it had an arcade cab. Holy fuck.

This game would be so amazing if system-link was possible. EVO2013 believe
So, uh... Is it possible to fashion a system-linked arcade cabinet out of this thing?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Buy/enjoy our game, please. Thank you and happy new year. ;)

Don't know if this is a joke account or not, but since I got out of work early today, I took the subway downtown to the closest GameStop near my real office location, and plopped down some digital money on a preorder. GameStop is a pit of evil and this is only the second time this year I walk into one; but I've got to have me some Bayo and was too weak to resist.

:)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So, uh... Is it possible to fashion a system-linked arcade cabinet out of this thing?

There's no LAN or system link options as far as I'm aware

You could hook up 4 separate system/monitor setups in the same room, but you'd still have to go through the internet to play eachother.

TimmiT

I kinda want to buy the game, but I'm not sure for how long people are actually going to play the game online. I hope it gets a community because it looks like a fun game.

LTWheels

The only problem is that the online for this game will be dead in a few weeks. Big deal since that's the game's main focus.

Was Bayo, Dog Fight and Mad Survival made available as regular DLC in Japan? I'm thinking of getting it from Amazon to save a few bucks and not have to go to Gamestop.

Don't know if this is a joke account or not, but since I got out of work early today, I took the subway downtown to the closest GameStop near my real office location, and plopped down some digital money on a preorder. GameStop is a pit of evil and this is only the second time this year I walk into one; but I've got to have me some Bayo and was too weak to resist.

:)

It's a real account.

Neiteio

I really want to play as the steam-powered minotaur with the rocket-powered sledgehammer.

It bears repeating, if only more games will include them!

Shizzlee

Oh yeah I forgot NeoGAF's own Shizzlee still uploads content on his channel for this game

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnonEmulation

Yep. Online is still sort of active if you play evening Japanese time, but all they play is Team Battle. I have about 60 more of those from last week to upload. I hope people play the other modes next week. Death Ball is amazing.

I play online if I manage to stay awake long enough. If you play against someone with a three bar connection or better than it works well. Any worse than that and shit gets weird. Besides the normal culprits like desyncs and character warping, the worst thing about bad connections is that they mess with the juggle system.

If you play with someone with a bad connection then on both sides there will be a delay before you see the effect of your attack. Say you hit someone with a launcher. They won't launch instantly. There will be a slight delay before they launch. Because of this, you can do combos online that don't work offline and it also makes loops easier to do.

Besides that, there's one more major problem with lag. It takes into account the delay above. If anyone has kept up with this game, they know that Baron gives off this aurora of fear due to his one hit KO shin shoryuken. It's actually doesn't hit that hard (well in Team Battle mode it does but that is because of the damage perks). Under normal circumstances it should only take half of your life, but like I said lag makes weird shit happen.

Most characters' strong killer weapons on ground and in the air start a cinematic if they are close enough on start up. If they miss then another, really strong attack comes out instead. If you are playing in lag you'll notice that other attack come out on your end, but still get the cinematic one. That other attack still registered and gets added to the damage of the cinematic one.

That is why an uppercut from a laggy Baron is to be feared. This doesn't only work with Baron. It helps other characters too. Fei Rin's strong killer weapon in the air might hit twice. Max's might also hit twice. I have an example of this happening with Leo on ground:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYzXkJEpA3I#t=6m46s

If Platinum ever decides to patch this game, I only really want two things to be fixed. First thing is infinite dodging. Just like in Madworld, you are invincible while dodging in this game. To remove this advantage, the game has you stop dead after three or six dodges (master evader perk). You can get around the forced stop by tapping the weapon button between dodges allowing you to dodge forever and remain untouchable. This needs to be fixed more than anything else.

Next up is knockdowns that can't be teched. This let some characters do infinites wherever they want. That is bs of course. The corner/wall loops I'm fine with though. Almost everyone has one so it's sort of fair I guess.

Despite the problems above I still love the game. I wouldn't be staying up until morning to get bodied by random Japanese people if I didn't.

Eusis

How is multiplayer on PS3 versus 360? Don't have live now and since PS3 was lead I'm sticking with it anyway, but I am curious about the state of it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
How is multiplayer on PS3 versus 360? Don't have live now and since PS3 was lead I'm sticking with it anyway, but I am curious about the state of it.

PS3 will almost certainly be the platform of choice here on gaf from the looks of things

This game taught me that tires are very dangerous weapons

Tires and Stop Signs OP

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
If Platinum ever decides to patch this game, I only really want two things to be fixed. First thing is infinite dodging. Just like in Madworld, you are invincible while dodging in this game. To remove this advantage, the game has you stop dead after three or six dodges (master evader perk). You can get around the forced stop by tapping the weapon button between dodges allowing you to dodge forever and remain untouchable. This needs to be fixed more than anything else.

I think this is intentional though. or atleast the developers are aware of it.

I remember JP on SRK hinting towards this existing when the game first came out. So not sure it's something to be "fixed"

It is lame though I agree. but that's just the nature of the game. If you don't finish your kill just gotta let it go. No point in chasing someone resolved to run away in this game.

Next up is knockdowns that can't be teched. This let some characters do infinites wherever they want. That is bs of course. The corner/wall loops I'm fine with though. Almost everyone has one so it's sort of fair I guess

I don't think the knockdowns being untechable are the problem so much as certain characters being able to combo off of them with no limit is.

It'd be better if players were just invulnerable on the ground. They can be hit during the roll but I don't think OTG untechables are working out for this game

and Anti-Air launchers shouldn't OTG

maomaoIYP

I live in Asia, and when I imported I was matched up against Japanese players, most of the time it was a laggy mess and I would drop combo like nobody's business. The key to winning is pretty much the first player that lands a solid juggle, so dropping combos due to lag was pretty disappointing. I did like the design of all the characters and to a certain extent the combo system. But like someone said earlier on, $30 is pretty alright, I really should have waited.

Also, Bayonetta is pretty much the best character.

chrono01

Bayonetta might be available later as DLC...but I'm not going to risk it. It's similar to the Gray Fox armor for Metal Gear Rising.

I already have both pre-ordered at EBGames for the exclusive bonuses. Each look like they're pretty amazing, and I even opted for the Limited/Special/Plasma Lamp Edition. Metal Gear Rising looks...insane.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Anarchy Reigns in Jan, MGRR in Feb, stealth Wonderful 101 launch in March
I wish :(
Wonderful 101 is SUPPOSED to be a launch window game, which for Nintendo means March at the latest.

Has anyone claimed an OT for it? I'd like to take a shot, even if that just means working with someone. Haven't done one in almost 4 years.

Duffyside

Banned
This is the best thread created in a while. Thanks for the heads up, OP. I DID forget about this.

"It is Platinum.

I will buy it."

Lucent

Well, technically it came out in import-friendly region-free English when it launched in Japan this past summer, where it was called Max Anarchy. But now it's moving on up -- to the west side [/Jeffersons theme] -- and I keep forgetting it's nearly here.

I haven't played it yet. But doesn't this look fun?

lol that video of those three duke'n it out was hilarious. I lost it a lot.

I think I'm def gonna have to get in on this.

I know that in my JP copy, you can choose the server location. So, I would imagine you could play with Americans or Europeans if you chose to.

Top Bottom