• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder: Anarchy Reigns, Platinum's multiplayer brawler, comes out Jan. 8 for $30

JoeFenix

Which it doesn't, so we're all good.

Also grab the soundtrack people, it's amazing. <3 Doujah Raze and VStylez.

Doujah Raze is KILLING IT on all the tracks he does. I absolutely love his stuff in Madworld and Anarchy!

"Find You" is the best track in the game imo, awesome stuff, sounds like a final boss theme or something!

JoeFenix

That's because it is. And it is an amazing song.

Holy shit, I can't wait! So close!

I've been rocking this avatar for like 2 years haha, can't believe it's finally coming out. I was REALLY close to importing but just as I was about to pull the trigger the US release got announced.

I am definitely hyped now!

Aucool

Yeah, it's short, around 4-5 hours, and the story is terrible compared to MadWorld, but it has some fun moments. It's also the fastest way to unlock everyone.

Not bad at all for a 30$ game, expecially nowadays that we have a lot of full priced games with 4/5 hours campaigns

maomaoIYP

I hope you guys don't get burned like I did when I imported. The netcode is horrendous, single player content is terribad, and infinite combos EVERYWHERE.

dreamfall

DAY ONE!

Killer price + Platinum = Happiness!

I hope you guys don't get burned like I did when I imported. The netcode is horrendous, single player content is terribad, and infinite combos EVERYWHERE.

I'm intrigued by the spectacle of it all- played the Online Japanese demo, and it was pure insanity. I hope things will change!

Eh, it's $30. I've been burned on $60 quite a few times so getting a game I'm looking forward to at a price less than normal is good enough for me. Sorry you spent that money and got burned, though. ):

schlew

Pumped as hell, glad I never jumped on those $90+ prices for importing.

Pre-ordered at GameStop here in Canada, excited to get Bayo, but will make sure to test all the characters I can before I commit to her.

Not much of an online gamer, so I'm excited to see if this pulls me in. Love weird multiplayer, so I bet it'll get its hooks in.

Yuterald

Game's gonna be hot, yo. Had this john piece pre-ordered for awhile now. Shiz surreal that it's out in a week or so.

Neiteio

Really? That video I linked in the OP looks like a blast.

Also, name of fine young lady in your avatar, please.

Carbonox

Leo's campaign is sooooooooo much better than Jack's. I much prefer using Leo and his side of the story is far more appealing. Also highlights what a badass Max is.

Obviously it's all shallow comic nonsense that's better off being played in short bursts but the campaign cutscenes are hilarious to watch as well. Baron comes out with some proper gems.

I'll explore the multiplayer after I'm done with Leo's campaign.

Overall for £15 it's a good price I think. Perfect price in fact.

Neiteio

I think I heard you can only use two characters for the campaign, but there are ways to play as all of the other characters in a single-player capacity, correct? Like against CPUs in the arena modes, perhaps?

Carbonox

I think I heard you can only use two characters for the campaign, but there are ways to play as all of the other characters in a single-player capacity, correct? Like against CPUs in the arena modes, perhaps?

During certain missions (mostly boss fights) you get accompanied by one to two other characters and some times you can even select one of these other characters to play as. Definitely shakes things up.

Otherwise yeah, there are two main characters you play as in the campaign, each with their own take on the story.

Neiteio

During certain missions (mostly boss fights) you get accompanied by one to two other characters and some times you can even select one of these other characters to play as. Definitely shakes things up.

Otherwise yeah, there are two main characters you play as in the campaign, each with their own take on the story.
But can I still take all of the other characters for a whirl in other modes, without playing against human players?

Carbonox

But can I still take all of the other characters for a whirl in other modes, without playing against human players?

As you progress through the campaigns, you unlock other characters to use in multiplayer. Not sure if there is a way to unlock said characters via multiplayer only as I've yet to fully explore that side of the game.

So to summarize - yes.

Mupod

Thanks for the reminder. Put in my preorder for this and Rising. First time I've ordered online through EB, but I need dat bayonetta and cyborg ninja.

After months of Mechwarrior Online and Planetside 2 I'm kinda in the mood for some console games. Plus I just got a new TV. And hey, I've got that 14 day xbox live gold trial from Halo 4 still unused, I'm all set.

Man, I'm gonna need a Wii U at some point if I want to keep my streak of buying every single Clover/Platinum game.

At 30$ there really is no excuse for people not to pick this up. Finally a new P* game!

This year will be glorious with Anarchy Reigns, MGS Rising and Wonderful 101. Not to mention Bayonetta 2 being a possible 2013 release. God damn!!!!

Bayonetta 2 needs multiplat release.

Tizoc

Still no word if the game's getting a PSN release? At least in EU?
Will tell my brother to get the EU ver. of the game and then send it over here along with a few other stuff.

I think it was that if you beat all 3 sides you can use any character during SP missions.

gloone

Gamestop Italy has slapped a 60 euros price tag on it lol.

http://www.gamestop.it/Xbox360/Game....it/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=anarchy+reigns

By the way, this game hasn't any single player mode?

Here you go:

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/ps3/anarchy-reigns-limited-edition/10650905.html

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/anarchy-reigns-limited-edition/10650903.html

The Limited Edition version with Bayonetta for $25 with free shipping to Italy!

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.

Fuck fuck fuck, please don't be true. :(

This is the first time I've actually seen footage of it. That UI...is not worth my money. I hate shit all over the screen. Don't like how the characters move, nor do I like the palette. 30fps as well? Ehhhh...I don't know about this one.

Arklite

This is the first time I've actually seen footage of it. That UI...is not worth my money. I hate shit all over the screen. Don't like how the characters move, nor do I like the palette. 30fps as well? Ehhhh...I don't know about this one.

It plays five times better than it looks, and you could try checking out the demo if the JP stores still have it up. Satisfying brawler with a beast soundtrack.

Here's hoping it does well within context in the West. I certainly didn't feel bad paying full price for the Japanese import as I had a lot of fun with it. Might tempt me to get back online with it as well.

Top Bottom