• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE: The greatest Lady Gaga song. Stefani wrote this in honor of her grandfather who passed, and I actually used this song quite a bit during the last few months of my grandmother’s life. Yes, there will always be a stronger, smarter, and more emotionally relevant song out there to help me during a trying time, but for one reason or another it was The Edge of Glory that hit me deep in my soul at the time of its release, and I’ve lost count of the amount of times I would blast the song in my car after a hospital visit, tears streaming down my face, trying my best to sing along. But The Edge of Glory isn’t a song about lost hope, or wallowing in tragedy. Rather, it’s about celebrating our triumphs, how far we’ve come, and how through all the pain we endure all we really need to do at the end of it all is dance and let it all go. This song holds a special place in my heart for giving me peace during a painful period of my life, and for that I am eternally grateful to Lady Gaga. Yes, there is always a song more preparedly apt for a pre-existing condition, but the most influential songs are those that you don’t expect. I feel so bulletproof when I listen to this song, and the special bond I share with it is something that I hope nobody else understands. It’s mine, and for that it deserves the top spot on this list.

Yasss

Preach

SaintZ

I'm glad to see that a lot of people like Eh, Eh as well. My top:

1. Monster
2. Eh, eh
3. Paparazzi
4. Summer Boy
5. Bad Romance
6. Edge of Glory
7. Brown Eyes
8. Love Game
9. Again Again
10. Dance in The Dark

HiResDes

That new Destiny's Child song is better than this mess.

tumblr_m3kqgkSzSP1qe2rrbo3_250.gif

Just came to post about it, pretty sick.

DMeisterJ

Banned
RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 23.343 (+ 1.170)

Another great update for the Urban Smash of 2013. They are so here for Rih's Ratchet Anthem.

Bonus 20/20 Experience Era Update

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Suit & Tie f/JAY Z: 39.454 (+ 38.703)

Justin had a pretty sick Radio Deal netting him amazing first day numbers. Rolling effect is gonna be a bitch in a week tho.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Ratchet anthem "Pour it Up" is the second single sent to urban, and "Stay" is the official second single. The vile "Right Now" has been put back where it belongs, the trash.

Fey

Banned
right now IS pretty diabolical

I received a visit from rihanna last night and woke up having a huge mental breakthrough o_o

I think I may begin stanning for the foreheadrihanus

Majmun

Love Song and Nobody's Business should be her next singles.

Jump is also good, but the dubstep ruins it. Same with Right Now.

And great countdown again, Soulscribe.

My Gaga top 5 would look like this:

1. Paparazzi
2. Telephone
3. Reloaded
4. Lovegame
5. Just Dance

FAME Gaga >*

Kyon

Banned
http://youtu.be/-6YLi0GNBTk

The Saturdays new video. Video is basic but I love the song. They need more stans. They're one of the best girl groups there's been in years, they deserve to be more popular.

they didnt do ANY of the choreography...............................................................

EDIT: oh they did the ending choreo. Lame. They should have shown a dance sequence throughout the whole video not some Forehead's signature walking around like a $2 hoe and acting like you're having a good time. Mess

Fey

Banned
i heard va va voom on the radio today for the first time. i thought, maybe it's finally picking up! maybe it's a slow burner! maybe it'll finally dominate like it deser --

73. Va Va Voom - Nicki Minaj

ibf1VLKCOEhBPU.gif

Partition

Banned
get ready for this hot teA

I rank the 20 best Gaga songs:

20. BEAUTIFUL DIRTY RICH

WHY: It's deserving to be in the Top 20 because it's probably the most fun song from The Shame, and truly showcased that Gaga was a breath of fresh air in the time. But it's a bit too basic to land a spot other than 20.

19. LOVEGAME

WHY: LoveGame is the weakest of The Shame singles (which were all very strong) because it lacks momentum in the chorus. It's still very catchy and the "lets have some fun this beat is sick" line is iconic

18. MARRY THE NIGHT

WHY: The worst of the Born This Way singles, however MTN still has it's good parts. The instrumental is awesome and some of the best work on the album, but like the previous song on my list it falls apart on in the chorus. It's redeemable solely for the last act

17. ELECTRIC CHAPEL

WHY: Electric Chapel is genre bending fun, it's dark moody and dancey all at the same time. Unique yet maybe slightly forgettable. The pounding beats will keep you coming back though.

16. BLOODY MARY

WHY: Bloody Mary is probably one of the more well regarded tracks off of BTW, and for good reason. It's demented the darkest Gaga has ever gone musically. It does however suffer from a weak chorus, but lyrically its top notch

15. SPEECHLESS

WHY: This track represents the problem with Gaga's ballads, in that it relies on production too much and drowns out something she has going at the piano. It's a pop song when it could be more than that. Speechless has great melodies but is one of the weaker tracks from TFM

14-6 coming later

Fey

Banned
I've been hearing that regularly for a while now. It just sounds like a song made for a movie commercial or something.
i kinda see what you're talking about. but it's like Super Bass 2.0, and one of her only good singles. and it didn't even reach the top 20. ;_;

The Shame

loooooooool

but i am enjoying the list so far. i don't know if my placement would be the same, or if some of those songs would be in my top 20, but the descriptions are spot on imo.

Artemisia

Banned
16. BLOODY MARY

WHY: Bloody Mary is probably one of the more well regarded tracks off of BTW, and for good reason. It's demented the darkest Gaga has ever gone musically. It does however suffer from a weak chorus, but lyrically its top notch

I actually think that Bloody Mary has a great chorus, and the only area where it suffers is in that awful "dum dum da dee da" section.

What kind of lazy lyricism.

not some Forehead's signature walking around like a $2 hoe and acting like you're having a good time. Mess

lkbgcvhlbjnklm;,

iNNM5i6A33dvi.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
They should have shown a dance sequence throughout the whole video not some Forehead's signature walking around like a $2 hoe and acting like you're having a good time. Mess

Bye.

Let's dive into your fave having to be programmed to smile and walk and talk and laugh like she's having a good time when you can tell in her eyes that she hates her life and what she's become. Her slavedrivers conservators are the pimp to the hoe that is Britney Spears since she clearly isn't even checked into her brain when she's doing anything, so it's funny that you'd relate Rih to a hoe because that's exactly how Brit is being programmed to operate as. She was just sleeping with her pimp of a 'fiance', so let's not. Shame for her that in the twilight of her career as a pop star, she's destined to sell less albums than 'the forehead'. I had no clue that her last album still hasn't managed to crack 2M WW sales. I guess maybe Brit should be programmed to act more like the forehead. Maybe she'll gain some relevance and sell some albums?

ixO2KjMgP41Kg.gif

Kyon

Banned
I actually think that Bloody Mary has a great chorus, and the only area where it suffers is in that awful "dum dum da dee da" section.

What kind of lazy lyricism.

lkbgcvhlbjnklm;,

iNNM5i6A33dvi.gif

she always does it on stage ;__;

Bye.

Let's dive into your fave having to be programmed to smile and walk and talk and laugh like she's having a good time when you can tell in her eyes that she hates her life and what she's become. Her slavedrivers conservators are the pimp to the hoe that is Britney Spears since she clearly isn't even checked into her brain when she's doing anything, so it's funny that you'd relate Rih to a hoe because that's exactly how Brit is being programmed to operate as. She was just sleeping with her pimp of a 'fiance', so let's not. Shame for her that in the twilight of her career as a pop star, she's destined to sell less albums than 'the forehead'. I had no clue that her last album still hasn't managed to crack 2M WW sales. I guess maybe Brit should be programmed to act more like the forehead. Maybe she'll gain some relevance and sell some albums?

lol FF is at 2mill. Also LOL @ a Forehead stan coming for ALBUM sales because your fave got ONE #1 album sit your hooked on phonics ass all the way DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWN

Trigger

I'm going to see Jessie Ware tonight. Has anyone seen her live? I'm pumped.

I think Godels was going to see her, but I believe he's still banned.

Bye.

irUYuAwz6DDhA.gif

Kyon

Banned
Embarrassing. I hope you know Flop Fatale opened with a a higher number of sales than the Forehead's Unapologetic. Embarrassing for the superstar of this decade to open lower than an LIFELESS Robotic HAS BEEN.

DMeisterJ

Banned
lol FF is at 2mill. Also LOL @ a Forehead stan coming for ALBUM sales because your fave got ONE #1 album sit your hooked on phonics ass all the way DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWN

I see you put the same amount of effort into your post as your fave does in her career.

gyal bye don't act like Rih has much control over her career either

This is an A and B conversation so

iqK7TkHSCduRx.gif

Embarrassing. I hope you know Flop Fatale opened with a a higher number of sales than the Forehead's Unapologetic. Embarrassing for the superstar of this decade to open lower than an LIFELESS Robotic HAS BEEN.

Congrats to her. And the robot will end up with lower overall sales, as Unapologetic will continue to sell. Poor Brit.

cory64

Each of Rih's albums since 2007 has outsold FF worldwide. Sit.

B-Dex

At least people knew what they were getting with FF. Not leading off with a random dance track WFL then having the rest of the album be total garbage like Cake. If that isn't false advertising I don't know what is tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom