• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) |OT|

LJ11

squatingyeti said:
Sad thing is, had this been on PS3 in the exact same form it is now it would've got a 39/40 or 40/40. However, being this was regular Famitsu and not 360, that's a great score for BD and I'm sure MS is VERY proud of what they've put their money in to.

:lol

Same shit, different day for squatingyeti.

kooji

Banned
squatingyeti said:
Sad thing is, had this been on PS3 in the exact same form it is now it would've got a 39/40 or 40/40. However, being this was regular Famitsu and not 360, that's a great score for BD and I'm sure MS is VERY proud of what they've put their money in to.

:lol

Famistu have actually been very 360 friendly when it comes to review scores.

ant1532

Banned
This game looks ****ing amazing. It looks like you're really playing in an episode of Dragonball.

Yeah, thats what it's like.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Wow... Ian Gillan from Deep Purple did the hilariously bad vocals for the boss song? :lol

God I want this game so bad right now. FF5 + DQ8? That's the perfect combination for me, this game looks like a good old fashioned classic SNES styled RPG and I love it. My main reason for buying 360 (with LO a close second). MS better hurry up and get this out ASAP.

knitoe said:
Can't wait for this game to come to NA. Now that we know BD will be awesome, just imagine Lost Odyssey.

i swear to god L.O will be at least as good as Blue Dragon, because i'm looking forward to it. in fact, L.O is my most-wanted RPG rite now

Looks like a good traditional rpg in the vein of dq. Im interested to see how the story pans out...probably like dq, cute and funny but nothing complex. Its very good that this game doesnt have random battles...though turn based is still a downer to me after ffxii

peace

clashfan said:
Check enemy's poo? That has to be a translation issue...

Still buying the game, with or without poo checking.
00379667pi3.jpg

drslump2414nl9.jpg

drslump2415sp3.jpg

Okay lets assume this sells well...........how long before Sakaguchi and company take over MGS japan and begin turning it into their own little playground?

clashfan

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Okay lets assume this sells well...........how long before Sakaguchi and company take over MGS japan and begin turning it into their own little playground?

I hope they take over MGS Japan, but what is this I hear about sequel to Blue Dragon still has no decision on platform?

Sean*O

Since Microsoft were the financial backers for the founding of Mistwalker studios, I don't think that a BD sequel would NOT find its way to the 360. It's likely that the entire BD franchise will never see release on any other platform than the 360. Could be possible, but I doubt it.

duckroll

Blimblim said:
Do we really want an anime by the director of the horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE greed island arc of HxH?

Yes because based on Marimite, it might mean Blue Dragon is a series about catholic schoolgirls with a lesbian undertone (or maybe overtone!). :D

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
The game looked nice at TGS. I waited hours to play it, and I'm glad to say, that if you like JRPG's at all, you'll really dig this game.

And if not, the game is fun anyways. The art style keeps you interested and starts you off, and I'm hoping the gameplay holds up from there.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Jonnyram, did you preorder Blue Dragon yet? I couldn`t get off work in time last night to go preorder. Going to have to do it tonight.

Jonnyram

TheTrin said:
Jonnyram, did you preorder Blue Dragon yet? I couldn`t get off work in time last night to go preorder. Going to have to do it tonight.
Yup. I preordered the game for me and the 360 bundle for a buddy in the States.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Jonnyram said:
Yup. I preordered the game for me and the 360 bundle for a buddy in the States.

I`ll hopefully get back to my neighborhood on time tonight. I have to go to the local store and look for a copy of Famicom Detective Club II, anyway.

Ginko

duckroll said:
I posted about the anime itself EXISTING over a month ago. I don't consider it an announcement until there's STAFF listed. You lose. :p
Haha, I guess since you didn't say anything about announcing the series itself in your original post ,you win.

duckroll

Ginko said:
Haha, I guess since you didn't say anything about announcing the series itself in your original post ,you win.

I'm pretty picky about what to update in the main contents of this official thread, which is why I didn't mention the anime at the start. Having no information about it there's really no reason to add an anime section yet. Now that we know the producer, director and animation studio, at least there's some information to provide.

On another note... the game will be out in a week! I can't wait. :D

Ginko

duckroll said:
I'm pretty picky about what to update in the main contents of this official thread, which is why I didn't mention the anime at the start. Having no information about it there's really no reason to add an anime section yet. Now that we know the producer, director and animation studio, at least there's some information to provide.

On another note... the game will be out in a week! I can't wait.:D

Yeah I see your point there.

Anyway, all the impressions are gonna be here, right? No 10 threads of "BD impressions".

duckroll

Ginko said:
Anyway, all the impressions are gonna be here, right? No 10 threads of "BD impressions".

Yes, that would be why I created this thread. :)

When impressions start coming in, I think I will index them in the first post as well. To make it easier to find out when the impressions start.

thetrin

duckroll said:

When impressions start coming in, I think I will index them in the first post as well. To make it easier to find out when the impressions start.

God dammit, how did you con me into this japafag preview squadron AGAIN?!

Ginko

duckroll said:

Yeah that's a good idea, cause this thread might go places through the upcoming week, and it would be annoying trying to find the impressions.

adelante

duckroll said:

oh-so-sweet. Can't wait.

Top Bottom