• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon's Crown trailer

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Amazing.

Also the new girls look pretty hot.

I was hoping that after such a long wait we'd get a new characters class. At least a male character to balance the extreme amount of female cheesecake. (The dwarf doesn't count, he looks like a roid sandwich.)

Why can't we be that barbarian guy in the trailer? All the NPCs look cooler than the playable characters.

I was hoping that after such a long wait we'd get a new characters class. At least a male character to balance the extreme amount of female cheesecake. (The dwarf doesn't count, he looks like a roid sandwich.)

Why can't we be that barbarian guy in the trailer? All the NPCs look cooler than the playable characters.

In a Vanillaware game? Keep on dreamin' fella, lol :D

Frankly speaking, this game is extremely refreshing after the massive deluge of dudebro Western shootbang games we've had recently featuring whacked out dudebro John Baldy 6-Pack Spacemarines.

Definitely getting this for mah PS3, day 1.

In a Vanillaware game? Keep on dreamin' fella, lol :D

Frankly speaking, this game is extremely refreshing after the massive deluge of dudebro Western shootbang games we've had recently featuring whacked out dudebro John Baldy 6-Pack Spacemarines.
But I don't play those games.

I want a fancy 2D fantasy side scroller game with hot guys. :( Just take off the fighter's top armor or something. Or make the wizard's design actually interesting.

Redhood

Any chances of this game having online multiplayer on the vita? Otherwise its no fun. :( or we can also have 3 bots also on the vita!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But I don't play those games.

I want a fancy 2D fantasy side scroller game with hot guys. :( Just take off the fighter's top armor or something. Or make the wizard's design actually interesting.
Too good for the dwarf?
dragons_crown_dwarf_01_thumb.jpg

LuuKyK

I love the art atyle in these VanillaWare games. ;-; This reminds me I bought Odin Sphere on PSN last month and never played it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
DAT AMAZON!

Give me her!

Getting PS3 + Vita Day 1, hopefully Double Platinums and enough DLC to make me go Bankrupt

Nnngh, looks fucking great...

I really want the Vita version, because i know that i would play that version the most, but right now i´m really tempted to double dip just to support the developer, we need more games like this one.

Labadal

One can really say that it didn't disappoint in the art department. This is retail, isn't it? I don't even remember anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This coming out
D&D HD Collection possibly existing
that TMNT game actually looking good.

It's like middle school 4 player sessions all over again

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The art is simply stunning.

duckroll

8,190 yen each or both?

If it's each ... I can't see it being released this August.

The official site doesn't indicate specifically if it's a bundle or not. Famitsu's article has a data box at the bottom which says "each", but that could be a mistake, because 4Gamer's article on the release date states in the actual article text that both PS3 and Vita versions are sold together for 8,190yen.

Conclusion? No one seems to know exactly how its sold yet, wait for retailer solicitations to show up. :p

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The official site doesn't indicate specifically if it's a bundle or not. Famitsu's article has a data box at the bottom which says "each", but that could be a mistake, because 4Gamer's article on the release date states in the actual article text that both PS3 and Vita versions are sold together for 8,190yen.

Conclusion? No one seems to know exactly how its sold yet, wait for retailer solicitations to show up. :p

man, it would be great to have in a bundle. I'm already getting the game, but it would be nice not to have to make the decision.

Ugh. That witch design is terrible and just really gross.

The art is good, but it is Vanilla ware so there's little chance it will play well.

Then again, Atlus is assisting so..

Well they clearly played the fuck out of D&D: Tower of Doom and Shadow Over Mystara while making this game, kind of hard to screw up a game like this.

Jobbs

Banned
I love odin sphere, and I love love muramasa, and this looks great in many ways--- But I must say I find the new character designs atrocious. I don't even understand who's supposed to find those large breasted women attractive. They don't even look human. It's a distraction from an otherwise good looking game. I don't get it.

The character designs/proportions in muramasa were great. What a shame these new ones are so silly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love odin sphere, and I love love muramasa, and this looks great in many ways--- But I must say I find the new character designs atrocious. I don't even understand who's supposed to find those large breasted women attractive. They don't even look human. It's a distraction from an otherwise good looking game. I don't get it.

The character designs/proportions in muramasa were great. What a shame these new ones are so silly.

uh huh.
tumblr_mjmybrP6Vn1s8ssn1o1_500.jpg

Rarutos

So excited for this. It's been too long since I've played a new VanillaWare game. *sobs about Grand Knights History*

Jobbs

Banned
Point well taken, I was mainly visualizing Momohime.

Momohime_MuramasaTDB_05.jpg

This is much better than the grotesque monsters they're calling women in dragon's crown. When it comes to DC, it's as if the character artist was an alien from another world, who read in a book about what humans find attractive in females and tried to concoct it.

Anteater

Point well taken, I was mainly visualizing Momohime.

Momohime_MuramasaTDB_05.jpg

This is much better than the grotesque monsters they're calling women in dragon's crown. When it comes to DC, it's as if the character artist was an alien from another world, who read in a book about what humans find attractive in females and tried to concoct it.

The ranger in dragon's crown has pretty normal proportion

Muramasa also had exaggerated proportions for certain characters, I don't really mind them and thought they looked pretty cool

afj7IFe.jpg

Victrix

*beard*
Gameplay will be crap but I said gawt damn at that art

Also I loved Muramasa and it had amazing music so if this game is anywhere near that level of audio quality I'm all over this even if it does play like a terrible beater

Top Bottom