• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon's Crown trailer

Jobbs

Banned
Does anyone know anything about this really? It really does look like a very stock beat 'em up, which would be a curious design choice after the great balance of action, adventure, and RPG in Muramasa.

Does anyone have any actual details as far as what the gameplay is beyond basic brawler stuff?

Replicant

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai [also referred to as "Haganai"].

What a sad title. :/

And oh, awesome trailer. If I buy the PS3 version, will I get the PSV as well? Or should I buy the 2 in 1 pack to get that? And how do I get that artbook?

EDIT: it seems buying PS3 version does net you PSV version as well.

duckroll said:
4Gamer's article on the release date states in the actual article text that both PS3 and Vita versions are sold together for 8,190yen.

Akainu

Point well taken, I was mainly visualizing Momohime.

Momohime_MuramasaTDB_05.jpg

This is much better than the grotesque monsters they're calling women in dragon's crown. When it comes to DC, it's as if the character artist was an alien from another world, who read in a book about what humans find attractive in females and tried to concoct it.
Best girl was Raijin.

TEJ

The archer is an okay design, good lord I can't stand that anorexic witch or the mega buff barbarian gal.

fionel

I think I will love this game to death but my god what are they thinking when they set that price tag?! It's like sending the game to die. It would be even worse if it is indeed the price for a ps3+vita bundle unless they also offer separate SKU for each version.

Taiser

Point well taken, I was mainly visualizing Momohime.

Momohime_MuramasaTDB_05.jpg

This is much better than the grotesque monsters they're calling women in dragon's crown. When it comes to DC, it's as if the character artist was an alien from another world, who read in a book about what humans find attractive in females and tried to concoct it.

4MSFo4Z.gif

ScOULaris

Man, they are really on another level from pretty much everyone when it comes to 2D artwork. And to think this game will be displayed in HD resolution?! I don't even care if this game feels clunky and stilted like the usual Vanillaware fare. I'll be there Day 1 with a handful of cash.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's nice to see some of the setting and world in this trailer; You get proof that all the main character designs are DRASTICALLY EXAGGERATED compared to the "normal" people in the world, from the ones who are actually alive (such as the queen and king), all the way to their statues and arts (which show pretty "normal" people).

This is what Beat'em ups are at their best, people. While other games were making big boss sprites that were large and well animated, BEM's allowed us to PLAY those sprites, as actual characters. DC here basically makes Odin Sphere and Princess Crown-style boss designs into playable characters, and, due to this, steps the boss designs up another notch in terms of size and exaggeration.

Setting aisde the characters for a second, the stages are looking very nice and varied. An octopus destroying a ship at sea, walking through deep catacombos with knee-deep water, fighting outside of old temples one minute, and along lava-lakes the next... they really seem to be going all out.

I'm glad we're getting the D&D Collection (hopefully?) before this... it'll hammer home how much of an homage this game really is to that series, which should really make it all the more fun.

TEJ

the character designs in the capcom d and d games are good. the character designs here outside of the archer make me want to vomit.

Espada

Wow

Vanillaware hit it out of the park with the art, and realizing that this will be in HD on the PS3 and displayed on an OLED screen on the Vita means it'll be damn impressive. I love the variety in locations and bosses they showed. I love that there's a brand new beat 'em up game coming out in 2013.

Sentenza

Looks gorgeous, but so did Muramasa and in the end it was an extremely dull and repetitive game.
I wonder if this is going to be any better.

popyea

I absolutely adore the absurd proportions on these characters. Very bold! They've been pushed to the absolute limits of regular taste, which is something I wish happened more often in entertainment media.

Blueblur1

The continues to look fantastic. But they went overboard on the breasts. I love breasts as much as any guy but its they're ridiculously huge on most of the female characters.

Sentenza

The continues to look fantastic. But they went overboard on the breasts. I love breasts as much as any guy but its they're ridiculously huge on most of the female characters.
To be fair it's not strictly a "breast issue"; everything and everyone in the game seems to have deliberate hyperbolic proportions.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Hmm. Looks interesting. Have to see more assests before I decide to shoot from the hips. Butt my Vita needs new games so I'm sure I won't be rear ended from the quality.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I think I'll buy the collector's edition, if there is one, and the digital copy. This game is the reason I bought a Vita last year, after all.

Top Bottom