• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

exYle

If you're still on my gt is SemperFi O352, looking to run gold or platinum.

tumblr_m5xy8hlwNC1qaty7l.jpg

No more balance changes or weekend events confirmed.

Eric Fagnan said:
Hey everyone, I regret to announce that we will no longer be releasing any more balance updates. There are many things we wish we had time to fix and improve, but as Jonathan Warner mentioned in Bioware’s blog post here, the team is moving on to new and exciting projects.

I just wanted to say that our team has really enjoyed interacting with the community this past year through weekend events, balance changes, and discussions on the forums. We learned a lot about running a multiplayer service, and the community definitely taught us a lot about our own game through amazing gameplay videos and in depth analysis of our weapons, powers, and kits. I know Mass Effect 3 multiplayer was a bit controversial when it was announced, but I think it’s safe to say it was a huge success.

Although weekend events and balance changes are finished, you will still see us around the forums. Thanks for playing!

Don't worry, we have no plans to take down the servers any time soon. You can be sure ME3 MP will still be going for a while.

Sad. :( I haven't been playing much lately, but I've spent 542h in ME3 multiplayer and got my BotB banner so it's been a pretty good ride. I'll probably still hop on for some games, but the weekend events will be missed.

Tsukumo

No more balance changes or weekend events confirmed.

So: they come up with a multiplayer mode no one ever asked for or thought to be engaging, they prove people wrong, they produce something which is overall leaps and bounds better than the single player (gameplay wise, that is) they make tons of money out of it, then they have the ingenuous idea of dropping it altogether instead of bridging the gap between this game and the next, keeping the franchise alive and the community going.
Way to go Bioware.

So: they come up with a multiplayer mode no one ever asked for or thought to be engaging, they prove people wrong, they produce something which is overall leaps and bounds better than the single player (gameplay wise, that is) they make tons of money out of it, then they have the ingenuous idea of dropping it altogether instead of bridging the gap between this game and the next, keeping the franchise alive and the community going.
Way to go Bioware.

What are you talking about? Its not like they dropped it after 2 months. How many free maps did we get? How many free characters? How many new weapons?

Theyre not "dropping" multiplayer - you can still play, you can still level up and purchase packs - i dont see the major problem here.

Just because there are no weekend challenges it doesnt mean you have to stop playing.

Also, the free expansion packs have been pretty damn heavy tbh.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn, EDI missed being safe for life to be an invincible rushdown infiltrator by two weeks. :(

But then again, the N7 Paladin Sentinel will remain unusually strong with his combos, except for the bad glitch where the freeze combo only explodes around him.

It was bound to happen but it feels sudden even though I haven't played in weeks, and I don't see myself playing often at all either, I really only came back every weekend for the weekly challenges - I just have too many games to finish. I don't feel too bad about it either since I had all of the characters anyways, and at least one of every Ultra Rare. Also too bad that the Typhoon won't actually feel like an UR again either.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
N7 Shadow will never be able to use Shadow Strike again on an Atlas. I'm still confused as to why they never fixed that one since its kinda hard to miss.

My wife discovered the ME3 mp while I was away at PAX East and became just as addicted to it as I am. Had to implement a solution so we could play together:

qjnmVA3l.jpg

The further TV with the old 360 is my usual setup, the closer TV, slim 360, and TV stand are all new as of yesterday. I was able to use Disc 1 and 2 to split between the 2 systems so I didn't have to buy another game, but I did have to pay the 800 msp for the online pass, though.

We played for a few hours with 2 of my friends last night, she doesn't have a headset until it arrives tomorrow, though. Did 1 bronze to warm up (she's still a newbie) and then we did all silver matches for the rest of the night. Made enough credits for 1 Arsenal pack and am 20000 credits away from the next, which should be tonight. Had to capture video of this glitch she encountered on her screen though, my first youtube upload ever:

http://youtu.be/BrBs8M50uk8

Ronabo

My wife discovered the ME3 mp while I was away at PAX East and became just as addicted to it as I am. Had to implement a solution so we could play together:

qjnmVA3l.jpg

The further TV with the old 360 is my usual setup, the closer TV, slim 360, and TV stand are all new as of yesterday. I was able to use Disc 1 and 2 to split between the 2 systems so I didn't have to buy another game, but I did have to pay the 800 msp for the online pass, though.

We played for a few hours with 2 of my friends last night, she doesn't have a headset until it arrives tomorrow, though. Did 1 bronze to warm up (she's still a newbie) and then we did all silver matches for the rest of the night. Made enough credits for 1 Arsenal pack and am 20000 credits away from the next, which should be tonight. Had to capture video of this glitch she encountered on her screen though, my first youtube upload ever:

http://youtu.be/BrBs8M50uk8

That's awesome. I had a glitch the other day with the female Turian. I was just a pair of the poison claws floating in the air. It was cool.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
do u play gold on xbox 360? because then I can take you through a few rounds and show you some different builds.

Mostly silver with the occasional gold.

I'm at a weird spot, silver is a joke but gold is very rough unless I cheese it with the juggie.

My gt is Lorrac ESP, feel free.

Bisnic

That's awesome. I had a glitch the other day with the female Turian. I was just a pair of the poison claws floating in the air. It was cool.

I had a glitch with the Fury the other day where i was completely invisible until i did a "teleport dodge". For a second, i felt like Kasumi.

I guess I don't have the gear to make Silver easy like you guys are saying. Especially when it's fucking collectors, that almost makes the difficulty go up to Gold almost. I think out of the small number of classes I've unlocked so far, the Talon engineer seems the most "OP" for me. Melee damage + ranged attack makes things work. But I keep switching characters to try stuff out and make it not boring.

Any characters I simply must try to get the full MP experience? I got it pretty late during the sale this month for $15, so I missed all of the weekend events etc.

I guess I don't have the gear to make Silver easy like you guys are saying. Especially when it's fucking collectors, that almost makes the difficulty go up to Gold almost. I think out of the small number of classes I've unlocked so far, the Talon engineer seems the most "OP" for me. Melee damage + ranged attack makes things work. But I keep switching characters to try stuff out and make it not boring.

Any characters I simply must try to get the full MP experience? I got it pretty late during the sale this month for $15, so I missed all of the weekend events etc.
Up to you to find your play style. Do you have a crew or do you do pick up games? In my experience, random players are not that bad. Don't be stingy with the consumables (be smart still, use them right) and play bronze if you're struggling with silver. Over time your skill will increase without you even knowing it and bronze will become incredibly dull. Also, failing a silver mission will get your more credits than a full extraction on bronze

a wife that plays me3 multi? thats as hot as a wife that plays demons souls!
Ha! Well I wouldn't go THAT far, but maybe I'll work her up to it. Yeah right, I haven't even played them myself!

Up to you to find your play style. Do you have a crew or do you do pick up games? In my experience, random players are not that bad. Don't be stingy with the consumables (be smart still, use them right) and play bronze if you're struggling with silver. Over time your skill will increase without you even knowing it and bronze will become incredibly dull. Also, failing a silver mission will get your more credits than a full extraction on bronze

Ha! Well I wouldn't go THAT far, but maybe I'll work her up to it. Yeah right, I haven't even played them myself!

I usually play with 1 or 2 other friends, so our pug exposure is low. They're both good and have been playing for a lot longer than I have. The two of then frequently carry our group in silver, and sometimes one of them has to solo a round when everyone dies (especially with collectors... dear god those praetorians/crab legged shield mofos!).

I just want a cheese class that's easy to play/high DPS to begin with so that I can carry my weight and learn the game etc. Don't want to be a millstone every round or when we want to try gold. I guess eventually I'll start min/maxing like I used to with MMOs, but I'm not there yet obviously.

Bisnic

I just realized that you don't NEED every challenges completed to get "Best of the Best" banner. In fact, you can skip one of them. Thank god, i was dreading the 60 promotions one, i just hate having to promote all the time and relvling like that. So i guess i'll ignore it.

Played a platinum game with an N7 fury, he murdered everything. He was basically soloing the game and the rest of us were just along for the ride

Those guys are good to watch - they basically run into the centre of a group and go nuts with bio explosions. Takes some big balls.

I did a few AIU runs on platinum the other night and i think i can hold my own now, ended up topping the leaderboards both times. I can only use her, the jugg or the geth solider on platinum...anything else is pretty difficult.

Indeed. He was using soft cover with extreme efficiency too. Had over 50,000+ challenge points, god damn

i just noticed - with the AIU i dont think ive ever taken cover. It just doesnt suit her style of play. You need to be constantly moving - there is no point to take cover unless there is a turret there and you need to wait for cooldown.

I like those kind of characters which reward agressive play styles.

I dont like the geth juggernaut - it makes platinum easy but he is just so boring.

Mindlog

I believe the only time I take cover is to dodge Banshee balls reliably. I can take any class on Platinum, but if everyone else dies there are a few classes I prefer to clean up rounds.
I just realized that you don't NEED every challenges completed to get "Best of the Best" banner. In fact, you can skip one of them. Thank god, i was dreading the 60 promotions one, i just hate having to promote all the time and relvling like that. So i guess i'll ignore it.
You tease. I checked my banners, because if that were true I would have unlocked BotB. Reckoning is not part of the BotB challenge.
Now we're never gonna make it to OT2.
I did my part @_@ I rarely post more than 3 times in a thread.

Bisnic

I believe the only time I take cover is to dodge Banshee balls reliably. I can take any class on Platinum, but if everyone else dies there are a few classes I prefer to clean up rounds.

You tease. I checked my banners, because if that were true I would have unlocked BotB. Reckoning is not part of the BotB challenge.

I did my part @_@ I rarely post more than 3 times in a thread.

I thought Best of the Best was the reward for the challenge called "Mass Effect" that require to complete 25 masteries? Because i need 7 more masteries to complete, and i still got 8 that aren't finished.

Thought I'd give this another shot, having been on a break since last May. Very impressed with the amount of content they've added, and dicing stuff up with the N7 Shadow is excellent fun.

Class balance seems a lot more competitive than near launch as well.

Played my first game of Platinium earlier as well. Mixed enemy types? Crazy.

Thought I'd give this another shot, having been on a break since last May. Very impressed with the amount of content they've added, and dicing stuff up with the N7 Shadow is excellent fun.

Class balance seems a lot more competitive than near launch as well.

Played my first game of Platinium earlier as well. Mixed enemy types? Crazy.

Howd you go on Plat? Must have been rough being that long out of it.

Howd you go on Plat? Must have been rough being that long out of it.

Not as much as you might imagine, as I've been catching up with some gold games over the past day or so. After some initial adjusting to the crazy damage and insane amounts of Phantoms, it wasn't too bad.

Got to Wave 9, pretty decent for a PUG with no mics, though we did have this guy picking up the slack for the 2 weaker members of the team. Completely lone wolfing it at the other side of the map with biotic combos before cloaking away. I think he racked up something like 130K, compared to my 80K, and the other guys on 40K or so each.

What was a real shame was getting grabbed by a Phantom due to some BS lag. Had it not happened, I think we could probably have got to Wave 10 and had a chance at earning those sweet sweet credits.

Not as much as you might imagine, as I've been catching up with some gold games over the past day or so. After some initial adjusting to the crazy damage and insane amounts of Phantoms, it wasn't too bad.

Got to Wave 9, pretty decent for a PUG with no mics, though we did have this guy picking up the slack for the 2 weaker members of the team. Completely lone wolfing it at the other side of the map with biotic combos before cloaking away. I think he racked up something like 130K, compared to my 80K, and the other guys on 40K or so each.

What was a real shame was getting grabbed by a Phantom due to some BS lag. Had it not happened, I think we could probably have got to Wave 10 and had a chance at earning those sweet sweet credits.

Fair enough. Ive finally got enough decent weapons and the skills to roll plat now. But yes, its only viable for me with about 3 characters (Geth Jugg, AIU, Geth Soldier)

Gold is fairly easy now, guaranteed extractions no matter who i use - still, collectors on gold is no joke.

When coming out of cloak with the AIU, how long does the damage bonus last? not sure if I should be pumping away or just 1 shotting with my shotgun. Still, I need to promote and respec, that last upgrade of I think 7.5% extra shotgun damage could be used somewhere else

When coming out of cloak with the AIU, how long does the damage bonus last? not sure if I should be pumping away or just 1 shotting with my shotgun. Still, I need to promote and respec, that last upgrade of I think 7.5% extra shotgun damage could be used somewhere else

not long. I use it immediately after snapfreeze. I put all points into extra shotgun damage for the claymore.

Chocobro

I think on the BSN thread for MP mechanics and all that, cloak bonuses last about 2.5s after getting out of cloak.

2.5 seconds? hmm, depending on the gun, might be able to get 2 shots in. if you use a shotgun blast to come out of cloak, does that blast get the dmg bonus or would the next one get it?

sigh. It's clear the problem isn't my specs, it's my shotguns. Right now my strongest is the Katana but that's because it's level 5. gotta keep going for those Arsenal packs, I got 1 last night and a Veteran pack after we quit, nothing of use in either

Sai

UpperCaseN, you got to get those Common Weapons 'n Gear out of the way. Just stick with Recruit Packs for now.

Got a Black Widow IX last night, and a Spitfire III the day before.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm missing something pretty simple so I figure I should ask - if you max a weapon to X or an attachment, does that mean you'll never draw it again in a pack?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
^I did not know that. I can see why the lower packs are recommended so strongly now. going on a shopping spree all night tonight

Yeah I'd been doing it on faith and not exactly understanding why, besides getting weapon attachments maxed, but now it all makes sense :p Glad I asked

UpperCaseN, you got to get those Common Weapons 'n Gear out of the way. Just stick with Recruit Packs for now.

Got a Black Widow IX last night, and a Spitfire III the day before.

I still dont have the ppr or the spitfire. how is the spitfire on 3? is it viable or needs more upgrades?

Sai

I still dont have the ppr or the spitfire. how is the spitfire on 3? is it viable or needs more upgrades?
Based on what I've heard from Mindlog, the Spitfire isn't even all that hot at X... Even though he was pretty much melting away anything he laid his eyes on when he used it with his Ghost; it was ridiculous. XD

Can't see myself using it on anything but the Juggernaut. And even then, I'd probably go for lighter alternatives as I prefer relying on it's powers rather than weapons in between melees.

Melchiah

Gold is fairly easy now, guaranteed extractions no matter who i use - still, collectors on gold is no joke.

Tell me about it. I played my first succesful match against them on Gold last week. It didn't really help, that I joined on the 2nd wave, and was placed in the middle of Scions and Praetorians. As a result I died a couple of times before I even managed to do anything, and had to waste a two Medi-Gels for that.

That's perhaps the most annoying thing about the game; being put right into the match, and taking damage before you can even move your character. Would it have been so hard to include an option to not join matches, that have already started? After all, I'd like to check what experience the team has, before I want to waste consumables in a Gold match that's destined to fail. Especially now, when there seems to be a lot of single-digit N7 level rookies playing on Gold with common weapons.

And I can't really understand how the game can give you a differently set match, when you have chose a certain level/map/faction.

Top Bottom