• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Cry On (X360) information + some Famitsu 360 news

neo2046

it seems the development has shifted to Artoon now
and here is the new concept image

0bf8553567d2f2b8e471498739fca787.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
This is my most anticipated title of all these games from them

Love the concept (although I gotta say that new artwork is SIGNIFICANTLY less inspiring than what they had before)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
q: when is it good news that a game has been given to artoon?

a: when it's been taken from cavia.

goldenpp72

Didnt they say they wanted to make more blue dragons? Kind of weird that artoon is taking on this project now.

Anyways.. I can't read japanese :(

neo2046

some Famitsu 360 news

blue dragon
- new download contents at Feb
- 8 different languages version are planned

Halo 3 Beta test
- available for who buy Crackdown at 22nd Feb (all people) and 200 Famitsu readers (randomly)
(need to be over 18, Gold member, X360 with HDD equiped

interview
Idea Factory
- new title to be revealed soon
Sega
- it seems lots of Sega fans have shifted to X360, so the ambition of Ilminas (PSU expend disc) is not the only x360 title
- in this stage no plan for VF5 in Japan

Mrbob

Sega
- it seems lots of Sega fans have shifted to X360, so the ambition of Ilminas (PSU expend disc) is not the only x360 title
- in this stage no plan for VF5 in Japan

Seems like Sega is still, well, Sega.

duckroll

Oh shit, looks like neo beat me bad. I bumped the other thread for nothing. I deserve death. :(

OH MY GOD CRY ON IS NOW SAKAGUCHI X KUSUNOKI WTF WTF WTF OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

neo2046 said:
it seems the development has shifted to Artoon now
HOLY SHIT, GREAT NEWS FOR THE FUTURE OF THIS GAME!

Amir0x said:
Love the concept (although I gotta say that new artwork is SIGNIFICANTLY less inspiring than what they had before)
Definitely, yeah. I'm hoping that it's a different character. I really liked the previous concepts.

It says the Feb content for Blue Dragon will allow even players who have already finished the game to enjoy it all over again. Not only that, they plan on releasing several more updates after that one (spaced out I'm sure). They feel like they are still in the middle of developing it, that's how much they want people to keep enjoying it months and months from now. They are also developing the translated versions (8 langs like neo says), two Chinese, Korean, French, German, Italian, Spanish, English. Of course not just subtitles but full voice dubs. They also intend to release it in places like India, New Zealand, South Africa, he is looking forward to what people in India for example think of Blue Dragon.

It's going ot be a while before you get to see Cry On. They're still re-iterating on design and characters but things are coming together quickly so see something "soon enough".

The Kusunoki Manabu guy is the concept art lead for Blue Dragon (and Cry On, apparently).

The timeline will be:

Ash
Lost Odyssey
Cry On
then...if approved, they plan to make Blue Dragon 2

Duderz

Banned
Dunno why, but at first I mistook Cry On for Crysis, and actually wondered, "Why would Famitsu have a scoop on that game?"

Oh man.

icecream

Public Health Threat
If anyone's interested...

Software Sales Ranking (with select numbers)

1. Blue Dragon - 135,240
2. Dead or Alive 4 - 103,307
3. Ridge Racer 6 - 72,129
4. Dead or Alive Extreme 2 - 57,060
5. Dead Rising - 49.978
6. Lost Planet
7. N3
8. RR:XX
9. PDZ
10. PGR3
11. Culdcept Saga - 23,947
12. eM ~Enchant Arms~
13. EDF3 - 18,813
14. NFS: Most Wanted
15. WE10
16. Bullet Witch
17. FFXI
18. Chomehounds - 13,110
19. Tenchu Senran
20. Oneechanbara ~vorteX~ - 12,826
21. Project Sylpheed - 12,283
22. Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Special
23. FIFA 2006
24. Shutokou Battle X
25. Senko no Ronde rev.X - 9,207
26. GRAW - 8,903
27. COD2
28. SRW:XO
29. NFS: Carbon
30. Battlefield 2:MC - 7,328

Idolm@ster - 8/7/8/8
:D

God reading Famitsu reviews is painful

They rate Splinter Cell a 7 because "it's hard". I can't find real valid complaints, although they have plenty about Fusion Frenzy 2. The mini games in FF2 are simple but easy to play, there are some that are very similar to each other but the sheer number of them makes up for it. They say they have a feeling the game was made for a western audience

Artoon gets too much hate. I knew that part of the PD team went to Artoon but didn't know that it was that "guy". Thanks for the heads up

duckroll

CountZeroInt said:
It's going ot be a while before you get to see Cry On. They're still re-iterating on design and characters but things are coming together quickly so see something "soon enough".

The Kusunoki Manabu guy is the concept art lead for Blue Dragon (and Cry On, apparently).

The timeline will be:

Ash
Lost Odyssey
Cry On
then...if approved, they plan to make Blue Dragon 2

Previously the character designer for Cry On was Kimihiko Fujisaka, of Drakengard "fame". But after Kusunoki worked with Sakaguchi on Blue Dragon, he shared his ideas on Cry On and they decided to collaborate on the project instead. Kusunoki is the main character and concept designer for Cry On now, and the level of collaboration is much higher than that of Blue Dragon (more comparable to the level of collaboration with Toriyama on Blue Dragon actually).

Why is this GREAT news? Because Kusunoki created the world of Panzer Dragoon, set the base character and dragon designs in the original, and directed Panzer Dragoon Saga. After rising all the way to the top, he had to join his friends in a little venture called Artoon which pretty much doomed his creative juices....... until now.

Sakaguchi is pretty excited about this new partnership he has and mentioned that after Cry On, once Blue Dragon 2 is a go they will definitely be working together again.

ethelred

Oh, god, Mistwalker just completely rules, doesn't it?

Welcome back, Mr. Sakaguchi, Mr. Kusunoki. We missed you both. :)

rubso

Banned
I think BD did a good job till now, and hey guys, Artoon devs aren't that bad :D
CountZeroInt said:
God reading Famitsu reviews is painful

They rate Splinter Cell a 7 because "it's hard". I can't find real valid complaints, although they have plenty about Fusion Frenzy 2. The mini games in FF2 are simple but easy to play, there are some that are very similar to each other but the sheer number of them makes up for it. They say they have a feeling the game was made for a western audience
31/40 for SC DA from a Japanese Magazine is good, yet SC DA needs a Professional Ninja to play it, the game is about STEALTH, STEALTH and STEALTH! some gamers who used to play MGS would find SC somewhat hard.

duckroll

You links are all broken. Don't hotlink from RPGamer. :p

Here's a comparison between the old art and the new art. The main difference is that Kusunoki's style is very distinct and less "generic" so to speak. And his choice of color is much more contrasting and not as warm.

AAK

Wow, was anyone else reminded of that Warner Brothers cartoon The Iron Giant with that concept art?

toypop

Some rough translations of Sakaguchi part.

Blue Dragon

* It's "impressive" BD sold over 150k, considering 300k install base in japan
* he expected about 100k. though its sales is much slower, now he thinks it will be up to 200k around for LTD.
* He jokes that BD6 may be a 1m seller.

* DLC for shmup part, for those who find it difficult.
* DLC that enable to begin 2nd loop with 1st loop status.
* More to come.

* Now porting BD for other regions.
* 8 languages (English Chinese(2) Korean Spanish French German Italian)
* It will be not only subbed but totally dubbed. (some may depressed? heh)

Cry-On

* You'll see some of actual screenie in the near future.
* Manabu Kusunoki (Panzer Dragoon) is now assumed as main designer.
* Some of art design has been changed since last announcement.

Future Titles

* A.S.H will be come first, then Lost Odyssey and Cry-On.
* If there will be green light, he want to make BD sequel after these titles.

Ignore my typo and bad grammar as usual.
I'm so lazy to do Inafune and Itagaki pages. Both are good read though.

duckroll said:
You links are all broken. Don't hotlink from RPGamer. :p
Yeah, i grabbed the first thing that came up in a quick search. :D The magazine scans are what made me fall in love with the original art direction (remember all the debates about whether or not the image of the girl's sleeve was real-time cell-shading?).
I trust that Sakaguchi's decision is for the best technically and artistically and with Kusunoki on board the world should be amazing.

I'm not sure what to make of Inafune's remarks. He stays pretty vague with his answers..

The comments plastered on the scans are funny :lol

"Itagaki you better stop with the sexual harrassment"

He says the next game is going to be "an action game" which is of course alluding to Ninja Gaiden 2 (Only on Xbox 360 tm)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Amir0x said:
This is my most anticipated title of all these games from them

Just out of curiousity, what exactly is the concept of this game? I've heard literally nothing about it.

duckroll

toypop said:
* Manabu Kusunoki (Panzer Dragoon Zwei) is now assumed as main designer.

This is totally inaccurate. Zwei and Orta are the only PD games that Kusunoki did -not- actively work on. He was busy directing Panzer Dragoon Saga at the time. :)

pilonv1

toypop said:
Some rough translations of Sakaguchi part.

Blue Dragon

* It will be not only subbed but totally dubbed. (some may depressed? heh)

So subbed orignal Japanese track for NA + Europe? I hope so.

toypop

duckroll said:
This is totally inaccurate. Zwei and Orta are the only PD games that Kusunoki did -not- actively work on. He was busy directing Panzer Dragoon Saga at the time. :)

Ah my bad. thx for correction.

Hunahan

Banned
Hmmm. So does this mean that ASH is closer than we think, or that Lost Odyssey isn't going to make its Q4 target date......place your bets!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Hunahan said:
Hmmm. So does this mean that ASH is closer than we think, or that Lost Odyssey isn't going to make its Q4 target date......place your bets!
I believe Sakaguchi said we can expect ASH in the first half of 2007.

duckroll

Hunahan said:

ASH = Q1-2 2007
LO = Mid-2007
Cry On = Originally end 2007, but there might be a delay now

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Cry On now done by Artoon? 3 months ago I wouldn't have cared the slightest but after Blue Dragon? Awesome news :D

Top Bottom