• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros 4 Roster Prediction Contest! Prizes included! Deadline: June 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

I know Sakurai ruled out Ridley in previous installments and was quoted as saying Ridley would be hard to downscale, but man, I hope he reconsiders that stance, because Ridley is one of the coolest Nintendo characters and the only Metroid character worth adding to the roster, being Samus' arch-nemesis and all. Not to mention, another flight-enabled character would be so cool.

Ridley really deserves it. Really the biggest Metroid mainstay besides Samus. He is pretty big in the games but canon really doesn't come into play since the characters are theoretically fighting trophies and Olimar is nowhere near his intended size. I guess it's mostly a hitbox issue with his wingspan and tail, but they can compensate for that in other ways I'm sure.

Snakey

Ridley really deserves it. Really the biggest Metroid mainstay besides Samus. He is pretty big in the games but canon really doesn't come into play since the characters are theoretically fighting trophies and Olimar is nowhere near his intended size. I guess it's mostly a hitbox issue with his wingspan and tail.

Sakurai never ruled out Ridley.

All Sakurai has said was that he would be "a little slow" and that he could be done if they had "put their best efforts in". Considering the newcomer pool this time, Ridley is among the highest profile Nintendo characters left not yet playable in Smash Bros.

He is a very strong candidate for a newcomer to be shown at E3 2013.

SmithnCo

All Sakurai has said was that he would be "a little slow" and that he could be done if they had "put their best efforts in". Considering the newcomer pool this time, Ridley is among the highest profile Nintendo characters left not yet playable in Smash Bros.

Well that's good. I'd be surprised if he isn't playable this time.

Hopefully with a Meta-Ridley alt. If they must include the Other M design he better have a more classic alt too.

Bring Batman with an Arkham City stage.

batman-arkham-city-trailer-2.jpg

This would be awesome in a Smash Bros game.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Sure.

How can you possibly consider the Ice Climbers to be filler if they have arguably the most unique moveset in the entire game? They were included for a reason, and that was to capitalize on nostalgia and hearken back to the NES era. I don't know which Smash players you've been talking to, but I don't know a single person who "hates" the Ice Cimbers. Whether you like them or not, they're here to stay.

I don't believe this is enough to constitute their stay.

Here's my entry:

Veterans:
Bowser
Captain Falcon
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Falco
Fox
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Ike
Jigglypuff
King Dedede
Kirby
Link
Lucario
Lucas
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Meta Knight
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness
Olimar
Peach
Pikachu
Pit
Pokémon Trainer
-Squrtle
-Venusaur
-Charizard
R.O.B.
Samus
-Zero Suit Samus
Solid Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog
Toon Link
Wario
Wolf
Yoshi
Zelda
-Sheik

Newcomers:
N (Pokemon)
-Archen
-Servine
-Zekrom
Mewtwo
-Mewtwo's New Form (Tranformation)
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Crono (Chrono Trigger)
Classic Mega Man (Capcom can't do it right, Nintendo can)
Shulk (Xenoblade)
Tetra (Zelda)
-Toon Princess Zelda (Transformation)
Porky Minch (Mother 3)
Ridley (Metroid)
Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Simon Belmont (Castlevania) (We got Snake already, why not Simon?)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)

New Pokeball Pokemon:
Zoroark
Oshawatt
Seviper
Pignite
Garchomp
Genesect
Victini
White Kyurem
Black Kyurem
Vanillish (For the lulz)

New Assist Trophies:
Fiora (Xenoblade)
Flint (Mother 3)
EVE (Mother)
Roy (Fire Emblem)
Cucco Swarm (Zelda)
Chain Chomp (Mario)
The Good Bee (Zelda)
Proto Man (Mega Man)
Collette (Tales of Symphonia)
Mallow (SMRPG)

New Stages:
Smithy's Factory (SMRPG)
Sword Valley (Xenoblade)
N's Castle (Pokemon)
The End of Time (Chrono Trigger)
Ridley's Hideout
Dr Wily's Castle
Mario's Faceship (SMG)
Peaceful Rest Valley (Earthbound)

New Items:
Magic Bottle
Magic Leaf
Cane of Somaria
Froggie Stick
Lazy Shell

I lost track of how many characters I have. This is essentially my wish list. I'm bound to
lose
the contest
horribly

These lists are about who people THINK will be in the game, not who they WANT to be in it.

I actually think Square Enix will finally come around and collaborate and lend us Geno and Chrono. And then other companies lend Nintendo their characters as well. Namco is supposed to be collaborating, too, so I think the possibilities are endless. It'll be the best game ever.
This might just be who I want in the game after all. But a guy can dream, right?[/spoler]

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I remember in the Community thread someone posted a vid or two of a playable Ridley mod in Brawl. I thought it was amazing to see how Ridley could work in theory.

iirc, this was a video posted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxVkSaVgm1A

I was never really on board with the Ridley group because I wasn't sure how well he could be implemented. But yeah, I'm totally sold after seeing that and will be disappointed if he's not in.

Darryl

Banned
i got tired of thinkin so i stopped at characters but i'll come back to edit before deadline

31 Characters:

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda / Sheik (transformation)
Ganondorf
Pikachu
Mewthree (or Mewtwo + transformation)
Jigglypuff
Samus
Kirby
Olimar
Marth
Chrom
Fox
Falco
Captain Falcon
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch
Ice Climbers
Pit (Palutena duo)
Donkey Kong / Diddy Kong (duo)
Shulk
Mike Jones (StarTropics)
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man
Siegfried (Soul Calibur)

Neiteio

Man, I'd love that, but I won't get my hopes up. I still feel burned by him not making Brawl's roster. :(

If I could have any three characters...

Ridley
Palutena
Deoxys (all forms)

...would probably be them.

Neiteio

I remember in the Community thread someone posted a vid or two of a playable Ridley mod in Brawl. I thought it was amazing to see how Ridley could work in theory.

iirc, this was a video posted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxVkSaVgm1A
This video is amazing. Looks like they did this based on Ridley's trophy in Melee? Of course, an official playable model would look even better. The neck doesn't need to be that spindly; they can make the neck a lot stronger, for starters. And remove a hitbox from Ridley's tail and you could make him twice as big.

Snakey

Man, I'd love that, but I won't get my hopes up. I still feel burned by him not making Brawl's roster. :(

If I could have any three characters...

Ridley
Palutena
Deoxys (all forms)

...would probably be them.

Fortunately for you, Palutena also stands a very good chance at being confirmed at E3 2013. Really, its only Deoxys who is unrealistic to show up as a playable character.

I would be shocked if Ridley and Palutena did not make it in.

Neiteio

Fortunately for you, Palutena also stands a very good chance at being confirmed at E3 2013. Really, its only Deoxys who is unrealistic to show up as a playable character.

I would be shocked if Ridley and Palutena did not make it in.
Oh, I totally expect Palutena. 100% probability of her making the cut.

Ridley... Well, I want to believe. I know he can work. But again, still stung by Brawl. :-\

And yeah, I know Deoxys isn't reasonable to expect, but man:

Deoxysdppokesafari_2.jpg

So cool.

Snakey

Oh, I totally expect Palutena. 100% probability of her making the cut.

Ridley... Well, I want to believe. I know he can work. But again, still stung by Brawl. :-\

I still have a strong feeling Ridley is going to be confirmed in just 1.5 months time. He is among the few characters that Western Smash Bros. fans can agree on, and among the few Nintendo characters left that is both important to their franchise and recognizable to the casual Nintendo fan.

Yeah, I was really bummed Ridley was not playable in Brawl either. Ridley has been my number one most wanted character for Smash Bros. since 2001.

Neiteio

I still have a strong feeling Ridley is going to be confirmed in just 1.5 months time. He is among the few characters that Western Smash Bros. fans can agree on, and among the few Nintendo characters left that is both important to their franchise and recognizable to the casual Nintendo fan.

Yeah, I was really bummed Ridley was not playable in Brawl either. Ridley has been my number one most wanted character for Smash Bros. since 2001.
Yeah, Ridley's been my most wanted character since Melee's opening movie. Speaking of which -- he looked about Samus' size in Melee's opening, more humanoid and such, and would work well like that, I think.

On a side note, about E3 2013, brace for the worst: It's possible they may only show screens (which is what Iwata indicated they'd show, specifically saying "the first screens"), and that they may only show updated models for Mario, Link, Kirby and Pikachu. Of course, they'd do so knowing fully well how disappointed fans would be, but I wouldn't put it past them.

SmithnCo

On a side note, about E3 2013, brace for the worst: It's possible they may only show screens (which is what Iwata indicated they'd show, specifically saying "the first screens"), and that they may only show updated models for Mario, Link, Kirby and Pikachu. Of course, they'd do so knowing fully well how disappointed fans would be, but I wouldn't put it past them.

I'm still fairly excited even if they just show updated models. Gives a good expectation for the graphical quality they're aiming for. Gotta see how much more detailed Mario's overalls are.

Neiteio

I'm still fairly excited even if they just show updated models. Gives a good expectation for the graphical quality they're aiming for. Gotta see how much more detailed Mario's overalls are.
Hmm, I wonder if they might opt for a more cartoony style this time around, to better homogenize the likes of Toon Link. Maybe create a more uniform graphic style like the sort used to promote the original Smash Bros. in promo materials.

Snakey

Yeah, Ridley's been my most wanted character since Melee's opening movie. Speaking of which -- he looked about Samus' size in Melee's opening, more humanoid and such, and would work well like that, I think.

Yeah, Ridley was the only newcomer I really wanted for Brawl that did not get in. This time there is barely any characters on my wishlist (Ridley, Mega Man, Mewtwo, Roy). I also think Little Mac, Palutena, and K. Rool getting in would be neat, though I would not be disappointed if none of them showed up (though I would certainly scratch my head in confusion).

Gartooth

Oh man I can't believe I forgot to include Ridley on my list! I would be overjoyed to see him in Smash 4, I hope Sakurai has the courtesy to include him this time given the big fan demand there was for him to be in Brawl. (won't get my hopes up until I see him though, still feel burned from last time)

Neiteio

Ridley certainly would add some real visual variety. Put all of the Smash 4 candidates in a police lineup, and Ridley is the one that immediately stands out, lol.

Gartooth

You can go back and edit your roster until June 9th you know.

Also, Ridley is not a game seller. He is a system seller. ;)

Thanks for the heads up!

I really liked the proof of concept for Ridley in terms of overall movement, but I really hope they don't just ape Charizard if they implement him into the game. Maybe have him focus more on tail swipes and grabs?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Assists
1. Dillon
2. Takamaru
3. Excite Biker
4. Samurai Goroh
5. Proto Man
6. Shadow the Hedgehog
7. Blinky, Inky, Pinky & Clyde together
8. Lakitu
9. Metroid
10. Eggplant Wizard

Poke'Balls
1. Xerneas
2. Yveltal
3. Emolga
4. Swadloon
5. Stunfisk
6. Thundurus
7. Metagross
8. Kyorge
9. Unown
10. Jigglypuff

Items
1. Super Mushroom
2. Heart Container
3. Home-Run Bat
4. Fire Flower
5. Metal Box

I didn't see any rules stating to only name new items etc. so why risk it?

I mentioned it in the rules. ONLY NEW.

Snakey

Heh, you know who would be an amazing character?

Bayonetta

She would be even more awkward that Snake. And Sakurai already talked about not wanting firearms in Smash Bros.

Also, is it just me, but I don't find Bayonetta attractive at all.

She would be even more awkward that Snake. And Sakurai already talked about not wanting firearms in Smash Bros.

I have no qualms with her in smash bros but I find her head to be entirely too small.

SmithnCo

Yeah the firearms and naked hair attacks make Bayonetta kinda a stretch for me. I could definitely see Wonderful 101 stuff getting in though.

GamerSoul

Agreed, man. When I make my crappy roster she'll definitely be in it. Eventhough the game was pretty gorey and weird at times, it was still quirky with a bit of humor, imo. I can see her next to Mario. hehe, She has that type of personality.

And don't give me that real gunz nonsense. They can give her lazers ala the Bazillions in the game. You can charge them too.

Bazillion.jpg

Ooh boy. OK, here we go.

Characters- 51
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wario
Link
Zelda
Shiek
Ganondorf
Ghirahim
Young Link (LTTP2 style)
Kirby
Metaknight
King DeDeDe
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer- Squirtle
Pokemon Trainer- Ivysaur
Pokemon Trainer- Charizard
Mewtwo- Standard Form
Mewtwo- Awakened Form
Genesect
Pit
Palutena
Hades
Marth
Ike
Chrom
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Ness
Lucas
Captain Falcon
Captain Olimar
Mr. Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
ROB
Takumaru
Shulk
Sonic
Snake
Professor Layton
Pac-Man

Zelda/Shiek, Samus, Pokemon Trainer and Mewtwo to be handled by transformations.

Assist Trophies
Groose
Fawful
Tempura Wizard
Dillon
Tempo
Emmy
Pac-Man Ghosts
Wonderful 101
Denpa Men
Miis

Pokeball Pokemon
Victini
Meloetta
Oshawott
Excadrill
Scraggy
Tornadus
Crustle
Sigilyph
Emolga
Zoroark

Stages
Space Pirate Ship- Kid Icarus Uprising
Spaceship Mario- Super Mario Galaxy 2
The Sealed Grounds- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Wuhu Island- Wii Sports Resort
Phaaze- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
N's Castle- Pokemon Black and White
Gaur Plains- Xenoblade Chronicles
Boxing Ring- Punch-Out!
Nintendo Land Plaza- Nintendo Land
Yarn World- Kirby's Epic Yarn

New Items
Bee Mushroom- Super Mario Galaxy
Magnus Club- Kid Icarus Uprising
Tanooki Leaf- Super Mario 3D Land
Gust Bellows- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Takamaru's Shuriken Stars

Sakurai tweeted that they were planning on showing a trailer, as well as showcasing the 3DS game. I wouldn't worry yourself too much.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Not sure if she'll make it given Sakurai/Nintendo's dumb ban on guns. Still can't believe they did it to Snake (even though he turned out well) smoking is one thing, but guns?

This is a children's game in a country where guns are banned. Do you honestly have to ask?

FlyFaster

As long as Samus is in it (with her armor) and is good I'll be happy.

Also, would like to see Rosalina playable and Mega Man as a cameo.

I'm sure it won't end up being like Sakurai's, but I'm going with the roster I think would be best. (It also fits the campaign story I have in mind...!)

Stealing Ryce's formatting... with bonus alternate costumes!

Characters (48 Total, 14 New)
  1. Mario – Dr. Mario
  2. Luigi (w/ Poltergust) – Mr. L
  3. Peach – Rosalina
  4. Bowser – Dry Bowser
  5. Yoshi – Yarn Yoshi
  6. Wario – Wario Land Costume
  7. Link – Fierce Deity Link
  8. Zelda – Hylia
  9. Sheik (transformation) – SS Art Style Inspired by Impa
  10. Ganondorf (New Moveset) – Demise
  11. Samus – Fusion Suit
  12. Zero Suit Samus (transformation) – "Justin Bailey" Costume
  13. Ridley – Meta-Ridley
  14. Kirby – Crayon Kirby
  15. Meta Knight – Galacta Knight
  16. King Dedede – Masked Dedede
  17. Donkey Kong – Donkey Kong Jr.
  18. Diddy Kong – Dixie Kong
  19. King K. Rool – Kaptain K. Rool
  20. Pit – Three Sacred Treasures
  21. Medusa – "Snake-Face" Medusa
  22. Pikachu – Pichu
  23. Mewtwo (Awakened Forme) – Original Forme
  24. [Pokémon X/Y] – ???
  25. Jigglypuff – Igglybuff
  26. Olimar – Louie
  27. Marth – Lucina
  28. Chrom – Ike
  29. Fox – James McCloud
  30. Wolf – Star Fox 2 Costume
  31. Krystal – Dinosaur Planet Costume
  32. Captain Falcon – Captain Rainbow
  33. Black Shadow (Capt. Falcon Clone) – Zoda (StarTropics)
  34. Ness – Ninten
  35. Lucas – Claus
  36. Tom Nook – Business Suit Nook
  37. Andy – Will
  38. Isaac – Felix
  39. Ice Climbers – 80s Ice Climbers
  40. Little Mac – SNES Little Mac
  41. Takamaru (...from Kamiya?!) – 80s Takamaru
  42. Mr. Game & Watch – Ms. Game & Watch
  43. R.O.B. – Giga-Robo
  44. Snake – Big Boss
  45. Sonic – Metal Sonic
  46. Pac-Man – Ms. Pac-Man
  47. Mega Man (with Rush) – Bass (with Treble)
  48. Geno – ??? Miyamoto's Revived Marionette Project ???

(Bold characters are new.)

Assist Trophies
  • Ouendan Squad (Osu! Tatake! Ouendan!)
  • Fawful (Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga)
  • Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo)
  • Glass Joe (Punch-Out!!)
  • Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk: Room 215)
  • Doshin (Doshin the Giant)
  • Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
  • Mike Jones (StarTropics)
  • Mallo (Pushmo)
  • Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)

Poké Balls
  • Zoroark
  • Victini
  • Volcarona
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem
  • Genesect
  • Arceus
  • Yveltal
  • Xerneas

Stages
  • Underworld (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
  • Tourian (Metroid)
  • Skyloft (Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
  • Venus Lighthouse (Golden Sun)
  • N's Castle (Pokémon Black & White)
  • Tiki Tong's Lair (Donkey Kong Country Returns)
  • Bowser's Castle (with Exor stage hazard) – (Super Mario RPG)
  • Nintendoland (Nintendoland)

Items
  • Kuribo's Shoe (Supe Mario Bros. 3)
  • Beehive (Animal Crossing)
  • Power Bomb (Super Metroid)
  • Djinn (Golden Sun)
  • Eggplant Bomb (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

Notes
– Yeah, Geno's probably not realistic, but he reps Square-Enix in my mind, I've got some cool ideas for how he'd play, and he fits into the story I have in mind. (I'll justify his inclusion as my prediction for Sakurai's inevitable WTF character.)
– Takamaru is another stretch, but I'm hoping his inclusion in Nintendoland is a hint of a revival, maybe with Kamiya...
– Two new third party characters might be too much if Sakurai decides the whole thing was a one-off...
– Cutting Pokémon Trainer might be a mistake, I could see him easily coming back. But it's hard to justify a character that takes up three roster slots...
– Ganondorf has a completely new moveset. Black Shadow takes the role of "Slow But Powerful Captain Falcon Clone".

Thores

Haha why has this turned into a discussion thread? Poor Heath's gonna have a hell of a time sorting through this.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Haha why has this turned into a discussion thread? Poor Heath's gonna have a hell of a time sorting through this.

Indeed, but at least it helped to keep thread on first page so people can see this thread and post their predictions. Also discussions would help people with their prediction lists for best or worst.

Edited: Few people who posted the prediction rosters needed to read the rules because I noticed lack of tiebreaker or total count of characters. You can process without tiebreaker but when you got tied. You are more likely to lose because you don't have any point.

Neiteio

Sakurai tweeted that they were planning on showing a trailer, as well as showcasing the 3DS game. I wouldn't worry yourself too much.
Wow, are you serious? When did Sakurai tweet they're showing a trailer and the 3DS game?

Also, re: Bayonetta: She has her share of non-bullet-based firearms, as well as numerous other weapons, and they can always tweak the nakey bits so they're not as suggestive when she pulls off her hair attacks.

Given Bayo2, Sakurai being friends with many people at Platinum, and the fact a neck-slicing chain-smoking Snake was modified for Smash Bros., it's not out of the question.

Also, re: her looks, her limbs and such are deliberately exaggerated to accentuate her kicks, etc.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Wow, are you serious? When did Sakurai tweet they're showing a trailer and the 3DS game?

Also, re: Bayonetta: She has her share of non-bullet-based firearms, as well as numerous other weapons, and they can always tweak the nakey bits so they're not as suggestive when she pulls off her hair attacks.

Given Bayo2, Sakurai being friends with many people at Platinum, and the fact a neck-slicing chain-smoking Snake was modified for Smash Bros., it's not out of the question.

Also, re: her looks, her limbs and such are deliberately exaggerated to accentuate her kicks, etc.

I think that's it.

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/294092103032635392
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/294093429988786176

Neiteio

"It was announced about the WiiU, 3ds "Smash Brothers' latest film at this year's E3 video publishing to" strolled Nintendo Direct in. Ordinary game is announcements made from footage, etc., this time production announcement ahead so has reached your patience would have. But look to put out better!"

"Oh, E3 is held overseas game of show, is this year held from 6/11. Visiting the WiiU intend 3ds might want to show both."

Ehhh, I'm not so sure this is a trailer confirmation... :-\

Returning (ignore the asteriks and shit)
Bowser*
Donkey Kong*
Diddy Kong~
Fox*
Ice Climbers*
Kirby*
Link*
Mario*
Meta Knight~
Peach*
Pikachu*
Pit~
Pokémon Trainer~
Samus*/Zero Suit Samus~
Wario~
Yoshi*
Zelda*/Sheik
Captain Falcon*
Falco*
Ganondorf*
Jigglypuff*
Luigi*
Mr. Game & Watch*
Ness*
Sonic~
Toon Link~

New Characters
*HUNK (Resident Evil)
*Ryo (Street Fighter)
*Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
*Say'ri (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
*New Pikmin Captain (Pikmin 3)
*Mewthree (Pokemon X/Y)
*Bayonnetta (Bayonnetta)
*K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
*Main character of Monolith's "X"
*Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
*Waluigi
*Dimentio (Super Paper Mario)

New Assist Trophies
*Hades (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
*Tempora Wizard (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
*Ghost (Luigi's Mansion)
*Hazmat Zombie (ZombiU)
*Destroyman (No More Heroes)
*Henry (FE: Awakening)
*Brobot (Super Paper Mario)
*JellyBlob (DKC Returns)
*Klubba (DKC2)
*O2 (Kirby 64)
*Kritter, of the Mario Strikers Charged variety

New Stages
*Underworld (Kid Icarus Uprising)
*Faceship Mario (SMG2)
*New Luigi's Mansion
*Subspace (SSB Brawl)
*Dark Star (Kirby 64)
*Gangplank Galleon (DKC2)
*Krem Co. Factory (DKC3)
*Santa Destroy (No More Heroes)

<b><u>New Items</u></b>
*Bob-ulk (Paper Mario: TTYD)
*Tornado bomb
*Eggplant bomb (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
*Warp Whistle (Mario 3)
*POW block

Characters (50 reps, 54 including transformations)
Mario Series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
SOMEBODY I DON’T KNOW GOD

DK Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong & Dixie Kong
K. Rool

Yoshi Series
Yoshi

Wario Series
Wario

Legend of Zelda Series
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Tingle Series
Tingle

Metroid Series
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kid Icarus Series
Pit
Palutena

'Retro' One-offs
Ice Cimbers
ROB
Mr. Game & Watch

Punch-Out!! Series
Little Mac

Kirby Series
Kirby
King Dedede
Metaknight

Pikmin Series
Captain Olimar

F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Star Fox Series
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Fire Emblem Series
Marth
Ike
Chrom

Mother/Earthbound Series
Ness
Lucas

Pokemon Series
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
X/Y Rep

Xenoblade/X Series
Shulk

3rd Party Series
Snake
Sonic
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Bayonetta
Travis Touchdown

Assist Trophies
E. Gadd (Uses his vacuum to suck up opponents)
Rambi the Rhino (First ridable assist trophy? Either way his charge and horns deal massive damage)
Groosenator (Skyward Sword, Groose spawns a bunch of tracks surrounding the stage and starts lobbing bombs sporadically)
Anthony (Metroid: Other M, basically another 'run around and shoot' assist and a way to rep one of the more controversial games that have come out since Brawl)
Viridi (Kid Icarus Uprising, spawns a massive reset bomb fighters have to scram and try to find shelter from before it hits)
Slippy Toad (Acts fucking annoying and inevitably loses control of his arwing and crashes into whoever spawned him; basically the first 'dud' AT)
Roy (Fire Emblem, way of having a popular character physically show-up in the game whom I personally don't see returning as a playable rep)
Doc Louis (Punch-Out!, cheers on from the sidelines, tries to give advice to the player about their opponents' weakspots and gives you some chocolate which heals you)
Lip the Fairy (Panel de Pon, spawns a ton of Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack blocks that rain down from the sky)
Mach Rider (Drives around and shoots people from his motorbike)

Pokeballs
I don't know shit about Pokemon

Stages
Starship Mario (Basically a tour of the different planetoids of the SMG series)
Bowser’s Castle (Long overdue)
Minecart Madness (DKCR-themed scrolling stage)
Skyloft (Pretty self-explanatory!)
Dr. Wily’s castle (Mega Man series)
Kirby’s Epic Yarn related level
City Escape (Sonic Adventure 2, assuming they don't repeat a Generations version of GHZ they might want to rep the first major Sonic game to show up on a Nintendo console)
Punch-Out! Boxing ring

Items
Flashlight (Luigi’s Mansion 2, charge up to stun characters similar to Deku Nuts for a longer amount of time)
DK Barrels (DKC series, team battle only and revives an eliminated partner)
Fire rod (Link to the Past, similar to fire flower but shoots fireballs in more of a projectile-manner)
Return of those balloon fight things that were in Melee but got cut in Brawl
Blue Shell (Homes in on whoever’s winning a match regardless of who activates it and deals about as much damage as a bob-omb does, hence fighters in first place have to try and prevent others from reaching it without accidentally activating it themselves)

People with rosters in the mid to low 40's confuse me. Considering Brawl had 39 characters, are you really expecting (way too vague quote about roster sizes aside) only a few new characters? If other fighting game series can manage 60+ roster sizes, I don't think a size around 50 (ignoring transformations) is that unrealistic.

Speedwagon

People with rosters in the mid to low 40's confuse me. Considering Brawl had 39 characters, are you really expecting (way too vague quote about roster sizes aside) only a few new characters? If other fighting game series can manage 60+ roster sizes, I don't think a size around 50 (ignoring transformations) is that unrealistic.

I will not fall for your attempts to trick me into losing this contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom