• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Destiny of Spirits is for PS4 by From Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Let's suppose for a second this IS Miyazaki's game. If it's a Demon's Souls game, are they really going to show it at the same time they unveil Dark Souls 2?

Let's suppose for a second this IS Miyazaki's game. If it's a Demon's Souls game, are they really going to show it at the same time they unveil Dark Souls 2?

Didn't Miyazaki said he is working on a game with a complete different tone than the Souls games? I've read that somewhere. Can't remember where.

Found it:
“sometimes I’d like to work on a warmer game – not necessarily casual, but warmer in terms of the atmosphere and the environment”.

It would be weird if they showed a Demon's Souls 2 alongside Dark Souls 2.

Probably won't call it Demon Souls and the gameplay will be different enough to separate the two.

Judging from the description its more like an open world rpg and its for next gen. It doesn't carry the souls name either which in my opinion is enough of a distinction.

Alienous

I don't get the feeling that this, as a PS4 exclusive, would be in direct competition.

FROM had 2 exclusives lined up for the PS3's launch window (Black Blade and Dark). Both were cancelled though.

They're obviously pretty close with Sony, so there may be some truth to this speculation, but this leak in and of itself is almost definitely fake.

Somnid

How big is From? I was under the impression they have only 1 team and if DS2 is not out until next year I really don't think they'd be in negotiation for something new right now.

Why not? It sounds distinct enough and as far as we know Dark Souls 2 ain't going next gen yet.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Sounds weird. Why compete against your own game like this?
I could be wrong but wouldn't announcing this be terrible for Dark Souls II? It'd make it appear as the unneeded stepchild. It would also mean that DSII is most likely a cash-in rushjob. And I'd hate this.

Hopefully Miyazaki is working on something else, and DSII is all FROM is working on.

I could be wrong but wouldn't announcing this be terrible for Dark Souls II? It'd make it appear as the unneeded stepchild. It would also mean that DSII is most likely a cash-in rushjob. And I'd hate this.

Hopefully Miyazaki is working on something else, and DSII is all FROM is working on.

I could totally understand Sony trying to cash in with Demon's Souls 2 in some way (and I'm not against it), but I don't think FROM would be one making it.

Doesn't make any sense.

If this title does wind up resembling the souls games, then this game + no xboner-ing with disc-based games sells me the console.

Wait, the trademark thread talked about handhelds. I guess that would sell me a vita. damn. all my money :(

Jondoyle123

Neo Member
If this title does wind up resembling the souls games, then this game + no xboner-ing with disc-based games sells me the console.

Wait, the trademark thread talked about handhelds. I guess that would sell me a vita. damn. all my money :(

i would be happy with a vita version tbf

Paracelsus

Didn't someone rumor that MS moneyhatted Dark Souls 2 up-port to XBone?

This would be the perfect overkill response.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Aside from the trademark filing, I'd give a tiny bit of credit to the rumor because Sony did express regret that they misunderstood Demon's Souls. If they know they done fucked up in supporting the brand, seems logical they'd be quite open to funding a continuation.

Aside from the trademark filing, I'd give a tiny bit of credit to the rumor because Sony did express regret that they misunderstood Demon's Souls. If they know they done fucked up in supporting the brand, seems logical they'd be quite open to funding a continuation.

They would have to face the competition of an established and revered brand; even if Demon's Souls is still highly regarded by the fanbase, Dark Souls is more popular.

Unless rumours are true and Dark Souls 2 next-gen is XB1-only (impossible, but still).

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Is FROM large enough to be making a multiplatform Souls game while also making a next-gen iteration? I desperately want this to be fake...at least for now. Demon's Souls 2 on PS4 would be godlike. But I just want Dark Souls II to have all their attention. I don't want it to be...soulless.

sublimit

Banned
Even imagining the possibility of Sony showing in their conference 3 of my most awaited titles (Demon's Souls 2,The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy Versus/XV) is too much to handle...please God let my hype be justified for once...

praying-cat.jpg

Chemo

Man, all the people that think a Miyazaki-led Demon's Souls sequel would be a bad thing for Dark Souls II are fucking hilarious.

You know what *I* think is a bad idea? A Souls game not made by Miyazaki. And anyway, even if this is the long-desired Demon's Souls II, it doesn't have to compete with Dark Souls II at all. Dark Souls II is a current-generation game, and this rumor is reportedly for PS4. In addition to THAT: what Souls enthusiast is really going to scoff at the idea of two upcoming Souls games? Show me one mother fucker that loves the Souls series that wouldn't be completely hyped as shit to know that two more games were coming instead of just one.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Okay so since we don't actually have a source on the image I'm going to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom