• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Destiny of Spirits is for PS4 by From Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
That haunt part is making me to excited,I want it to be real :(

The crafting part sounds very MH,but crafting is in the game in a sort of way...mm :(

Izick

Wait, if the information/description for all games is bulletpointed and thus indented in, why is the text above the title Destiny of Souls not indented? It starts on the exact same part of the page as where the title does, instead of being indented in like all of DoS's descriptive bulletpoints

Wait, if the information/description for all games is bulletpointed and thus indented in, why is the text above the title Destiny of Souls not indented?

Different games could have different content under them. We don't see enough of the document to get a feel for how each blurb is written.

What a shitty shop. The "C" in DriveClub isn't even capitalized.

Driveclub's title isn't spelled "DriveClub". It's listed on other documents as not having the C capitalized as well. I'm not saying this isn't fake or not since we have no proof it's real, but the spelling of Driveclub's title isn't evidence for fakeness either.

Drive%20Club%20PS4%20Evolution.jpg

Izick

I've seen it spelled several different ways, is all I'm saying.

Also, how stupid of a title is Driveclub/DriveClub/DRIVECLUB anyway? It really is a bad title.

You could be right.

The inconsistent page spacing is what really kind of makes this fake to me. I hope I'm wrong though, as this sounds really cool.

Nop.

Not worth further digging, just nop.

Why is it not worth further digging? Destiny of Spirits IS a game Sony is publishing. We have a trademark for that. The question is whether or not it's a From Software game for the PS4.

I'm hoping it is, because there's nothing else Sony could make with that title that'd be worthwhile. Especially not their Western studios.

You could be right.

The inconsistent page spacing is what really kind of makes this fake to me. I hope I'm wrong though, as this sounds really cool.

I hope you're wrong too. :)

I would love another From/Sony collaboration far more than anything SCEA or SCEE could ever possibly hope to produce.

Sponge says he's seen it "floating around" in a couple places.

Can you name these places, Sponge? The humble jury of GAF can judge their veracity if you're uncertain..

I'm going with fake since I don't see why they would make a game so similar to what is now a franchise with Dark Souls.

Sony has said before that they're open to doing more with Demon's Souls. They'd be stupid not to, and if From is willing to do it it's ONLY a positive for them. It'd be a major exclusive, because then they can say they have Dark Souls and Demon's Souls. Not to mention this would be a next-gen game whereas Dark Souls 2 is PS3/360.

They can say they have the 'next generation' of the Souls franchise locked down.

Sponge

Banned
Sponge says he's seen it "floating around" in a couple places.

Can you name these places, Sponge? The humble jury of GAF can judge their veracity if you're uncertain..

A few no name gaming forums I go to, and 4chan to name everywhere I seen.

So more than likely, it's a fake.

Izick

-Empyrean seems to refer to a general term for "heaven"; a loose translation of the Ancient Greek ἔμπυρος empyrus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empyrean

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/empyrean

-Eldritch is some sort of strangeness or particularly some strange land or "Otherworld" (no, not that one Silent Hill fans)

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/eldritch

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/eldritch

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/eldritch

Not exactly mindblowing stuff, but it's the only interesting stuff out of that info I could find. Doesn't really work one way or another in proving if this is real or fake though.

Razgreez

Gaffers are always far too hasty to call "fake fake fake".
Assume and expect the worst yes but don't reject without clear proof

Sponge

Banned
If this IS fake, what the hell is Destiny of Spirits going to end up being? Let's speculate about that much at least.

I figure it'll be a pointless Western-developed PSN downloadable game. If it's not a Souls game, it's definitely not going to be anything special.

Razgreez

If it's not a Souls game, it's definitely not going to be anything special.

That's rather antithetical. Demon's souls wasn't special until it was. Any other game can be the same or even better. Can't say until one has actually played it or, at least, seen it in action

AznSniper

If this IS fake, what the hell is Destiny of Spirits going to end up being? Let's speculate about that much at least.

I figure it'll be a pointless Western-developed PSN downloadable game. If it's not a Souls game, it's definitely not going to be anything special.

Well it was first touted to be Destiny of Spirits by Bungie for Vita. :p

hrXunB1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom