• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hmm...

ps4ffatjdo.jpg

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Now I can finally understand the anguish of Versus fans.

Aeana

Let me know when Uncharted looks even remotely as good as FFXV, and I'll be sure to start playing it.

All they even showed of XV so far was the movement, and the platforming, which is unlike anything I've seen from anyone else.

You're entirely too defensive. Calm down.

Hero

Statements like these make me want to pound my head in the desk. For one thing, SE would be jumping for joy if 15 sells as many units as 13 did and coming probably very early in the system's life, this may not be the case unfortunately. Second, the only real reasons for the name change is because a) they were either too far away from what was to be XV to be ready to be shown (and will now probably be XIV) or b) that Sony paid good money to have a new FF mainline title debut on their system.

Besides, at this point FF13 has its own identity with 3 games. No need to make a 4th that is going to be completely different from the established three. Good for lovers and haters alike.

There is little likelihood of FF XV actually being profitable for SE at this point due to the fact that it's been in development for so long and it's probably still a Playstation exclusive.

It's pretty ridiculous to make a claim that Sony paid Square-Enix not just for an exclusive FF but for them to change the name of it. You think that's more likely than the fact that the XIII name tarnished the entire series?

Edit:

May not be PS exclusive anymore? Hmm.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I hope it's more of an RPG than it seems now. Doesn't seem like much of one anymore. Looks like Uncharted with Nomura. Not that a game like that would necessarily be bad, but I'd like a deep customization system at minimum.
I think it's a safe bet to assume it's gonna have about as much customisation as your regular Kingdom Hearts game. Those games' trailers don't tend to show that aspect of the package either.

this just confirms its going on xbone.

also, leviathan looks freaking insane in trailer

Or that Square hasn't decided if it's going to other platforms yet. There could very well be a PC version for all we know.

I wouldn't be entirely confident there's an Xbone version until tomorrow morning. I'm sure they'll talk about more then.

Yup, you know they would have said "exclusively on PS4" if that were the case. But still, at $100 less, I'll buy this before the ONE.

it's on PS3 as well.

another scenario is exclusive on PS3 for current gen, and multiplat for nextgen PS4 and X1

edit: nevermind. saw the top pic of the page

Trickster

The ingame parts of FFXV didnt look that impressive to me, might be because of the compression on the stream. But in general I felt like it didnt look very impressive compared to most other next gen games shown so far.

What happenend to the beautiful visuals from the Agni's demo?

Zios

Banned
So let me get this straight....After all these years of crying about no information about this ghost game, especially when it will be release...For them to show people a pretty trailer and still leave out the big question people have been asking for the past 6 years?

Gamer's are suckers.

Mr. RHC

Screenshotted the flash frame where they show the characters face from the blurry crappy vid.

Nice!

Interesting new appearance of Stella.
So on the right handside you posted the antagonist cast it seems?

The ingame parts of FFXV didnt look that impressive to me, might be because of the compression on the stream. But in general I felt like it didnt look very impressive compared to most other next gen games shown so far.

What happenend to the beautiful visuals from the Agni's demo?

I had different impressions. Final Fantasy never looked so good.

Rising_Hei

My guess about the exclusivity.

They aren't certain about the exclusivity, so they haven't said anything. On the other hand, i think that in microsoft they aren't certain either about these two games coming to ONE, were they coming... it would have been all over the place @ MS conference.

I think that Square Enix will just wait and see, and depending on how ONE does, they port it or make it exclusive.

About the game, i loved it... i haven't been this excited about a game for YEARS, dear god, another revolution like FFVII, make it happen Nomura

Airgetlam

So let me get this straight....After all these years of crying about no information about this ghost game, especially when it will be release...For them to show people a pretty trailer and still leave out the big question people have been asking for the past 6 years?

Gamer's are suckers.

Isn't Square going to have an announcement thing tomorrow? They'll most likely have more information then.

There is little likelihood of FF XV actually being profitable for SE at this point due to the fact that it's been in development for so long and it's probably still a Playstation exclusive.

It's pretty ridiculous to make a claim that Sony paid Square-Enix not just for an exclusive FF but for them to change the name of it. You think that's more likely than the fact that the XIII name tarnished the entire series?

Edit:

May not be PS exclusive anymore? Hmm.

XV hasn't been worked on for over 1/2 of its 'development'. Staff were pulled to work on XIII, staff were pulled to work on XIV. The project has been put on hold repeatedly.

Persona86

Banned
Oh? It looked like a fast paced action movie / Uncharted game. This isn't bad of course and the FF elements were everywhere (nerdgasm!!!!). How was this similar to the past games for you...?
It probably still has all the other elements like open world, cars, airships. They just focused on the action for this trailer.

My guess about the exclusivity.

They aren't certain about the exclusivity, so they haven't said anything. On the other hand, i think that in microsoft they aren't certain either about these two games coming to ONE, were they coming... it would have been all over the place @ MS conference.

I think that Square Enix will just wait and see, and depending on how ONE does, they port it or make it exclusive.

I think this is the case as well. Alternative option is that Square's also working on a PC version. Which, considering their recent comments on PC versions of their games, seems likely.

Airgetlam

Do people really still care about console exclusivity? At this point the fact that the game still exists is already enough to be happy about.

It looked... decent. The story seemed very interesting. The gameplay seemed very confusing, though. Lot of crazy camera work and just stuff all over the place. I can't wait to see more, but I'm not entirely convinced. Visually, it was very pretty though.

Sony not having exclusivity on that after all the rumours and "insiders" saying it was going to be is pretty surprising though.

Just want to add another voice to the, "the phrasing in both the conference and the tweet heavily hints FFXV and KH3 are not exclusive" crowd.

I'm sure people here will be more tolerant of that idea than certain other message boards that didn't have "maintenance" during all e3 conferences today, but it does bear repeating.

Rising_Hei

I think this is the case as well. Alternative option is that Square's also working on a PC version. Which, considering their recent comments on PC versions of their games, seems likely.

I don't know about that though, their japanese teams don't like to port their singleplayer games to PC and i can understand why.

If nothing's said tomorrow i guess we'll be right.

imtehman

Banned
Or that Square hasn't decided if it's going to other platforms yet. There could very well be a PC version for all we know.

I wouldn't be entirely confident there's an Xbone version until tomorrow morning. I'm sure they'll talk about more then.

ffxiii is on xbox so what exactly is stopping SE from having their games on as many platforms as they can?

thuway

Final Fantasy XV is exclusive. Sony was trying to work out Kingdom Hearts III before the conference. I have heard Sony is helping with XV to get the game out in a timely fashion.

Forbiden

Final Fantasy XV is exclusive. Sony was trying to work out Kingdom Hearts III before the conference. I have heard Sony is helping with XV to get the game out in a timely fashion.

I want to believe this...so much. However, if that is the case, why not brag about it by mentioning that it's exclusive? As others have said, it comes off as if the game isn't exclusive. I guess we'll find out tomorrow though =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom