• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

The M.O.B

The question is which megaman,and How would he look in 3d.I think the last game in 3d was that command mission one,before that was megaman legends.

Tristam

Francois the Great said:
for the last time (seriously,) arguing over who would "fit" or not is stupid for one reason:

snake.jpg

since the first third party character revealed is about as far as you can get from what youd expect to be in ssbb, ANYONE can fit. fitting obviously isnt an issue.

if snake can work, anyone can.

Pfft. Snake is a character in the same vein as Captain Falcon (speaking body proportions, presumed speed and power, and, to a small extent, style). Snake fits well enough. Certainly he fits better than some of the nonsense that's been suggested. You have no idea how many times I've heard Fighter from Final Fantasy. FIGHTER??? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

miyuru

Tristam said:
Pfft. Snake is a character in the same vein as Captain Falcon (speaking body proportions, presumed speed and power, and, to a small extent, style). Snake fits well enough. Certainly he fits better than some of the nonsense that's been suggested. You have no idea how many times I've heard Fighter from Final Fantasy. FIGHTER??? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

You're in denial IMO. If I had told you Snake to be in SSB before it was announced, you'd tell me exactly why he doesn't fit in with the Nintendo theme.

There's so much "wrong" with Snake that makes it all the more crazy he's actually in. The main thing being that, he's definitely the most realistic, modern-day character in the whole game. Does not fit at all, if you want things to fit that is.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
A Link to the Snitch said:
I know this has been stated more times than need be, but I'd love classic 2D renditions of characters as alternate costumes, as well as the paper forms of Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, and Bowser.

Why did you just read my mind and post what I was thinking? Having 8bit skins as alternate costumes could be a problem though, they can't have many animations because of the way they look. I was thinking they would be more like novelty characters. Like Mario could only jump once and for attacks he could only land on someones head or shoot fireballs. :lol

Egh.

The guy who suggested Bubsy was being sarcastic. You guys suck. Come on. It's Bubsy. wtf.

And concerning Rockman.. seriously, if he had to be in the game, let's go with Rockman X for the win. But in all honesty, **** Rockman, give me Zero from X series (not female Zero from Rockman Zero).

Pellham

Banned
I'm going to guess that Marth and Roy will not be in this game, and one or two other characters from the Fire Emblem series will be in their place. Like Ike and Black Knight or something.

Yuka Tsujiyoko and the Fire Emblem stage all but confirm some kind of presence for Fire Emblem in this game. I'm hoping they will have more than just character statues for Fire Emblem in the lottery thing as well (I forget the exact names for that stuff, its been years since I last played smash brothers).

Link Man

Banned
superbank said:
Why did you just read my mind and post what I was thinking? Having 8bit skins as alternate costumes could be a problem though, they can't have many animations because of the way they look. I was thinking they would be more like novelty characters. Like Mario could only jump once and for attacks he could only land on someones head or shoot fireballs. :lol

Follow that through to its conclusion, and we might see Zelda II Link with his up/down thrust and tiny dagger.:D

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Pellham said:
I'm going to guess that Marth and Roy will not be in this game, and one or two other characters from the Fire Emblem series will be in their place. Like Ike and Black Knight or something.

Yuka Tsujiyoko and the Fire Emblem stage all but confirm some kind of presence for Fire Emblem in this game. I'm hoping they will have more than just character statues for Fire Emblem in the lottery thing as well (I forget the exact names for that stuff, its been years since I last played smash brothers).
How many times do I have to say it?

Marth is the face of Fire Emblem. He WILL be in Brawl.

jrricky

Banned
MasterMFauli said:
So Pacman = retarded Yoshi?

I just hate how Pacman looks like.
Also, his 3D-model...Pacman never had legs, he was a circle with a moth, over.
He wouldnt fit into a beatemup.

Also, the original Megman sucks...what is the name of that one cool Megman-guy from the anime-series? No, not Protoman (though Protoman > Megaman).

Have you ever heard of the game called Pacman World 1, 2, 3, and 4? The one where...you know......pacman has legs.....and.....um..you know.....MOVESETS...to, you know...FIGHT. Oh, OK....I guess you dont. There is NO reason why he couldnt fit.

jrricky said:
Have you ever heard of the game called Pacman World 1, 2, 3, and 4? The one where...you know......pacman has legs.....and.....um..you know.....MOVESETS...to, you know...FIGHT. Oh, OK....I guess you dont. There is NO reason why he couldnt fit.

I don't know...whether he has moves or not doesn't matter...because...I think...he is still totally...

...a lame character...you know?

jrricky said:

pac-in-time is pretty fun

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Firestorm said:
I thought this was an update thread, not another "LOL I WANT DIS CHARACTUR 4 BRAWLZ HUR HUR HUR" thread.

This is "The Official Smash Bros Speculation/Request A Character Thread (now with daily updates on stuff we already know!)."

edit: Don't worry firestorm. It should die down in a couple days. Unless the daily weekday updates renew everyones interest everyday and cause them to post the next smash related thing that comes to their mind.

Tristam

miyuru said:
You're in denial IMO. If I had told you Snake to be in SSB before it was announced, you'd tell me exactly why he doesn't fit in with the Nintendo theme.

There's so much "wrong" with Snake that makes it all the more crazy he's actually in. The main thing being that, he's definitely the most realistic, modern-day character in the whole game. Does not fit at all, if you want things to fit that is.

Dude, look at the post above yours. Sub-Zero. SUB. F*CKING. ZERO. And every Pokemon has been suggested. All eleventy billion of them.

radiuhm

Francois the Great said:

SHOWTIME!!! I never get tired of hearing that, but yea you make a great point. If you told me Snake would be in Brawl, I'd call you a fool, I like how they made him fit. I didn't expect Marth, Roy, or hell Mr Game and Watch to be in the game at all. Can't wait to see who else will be added.

miyuru

Tristam said:
Dude, look at the post above yours. Sub-Zero. SUB. F*CKING. ZERO. And every Pokemon has been suggested. All eleventy billion of them.

:lol I know what you mean. Try not to go crazy reading this thread, honestly my brain is melting...

Raw64life

Anyone have that pic that someone made a while back (before SSBM came out) of a mock character select screen with like a billion people in it?

Just woke up so old?

Gooey Bomb:

item01_070524a.jpg

item01_070524b.jpg
item01_070524c.jpg

item01_070524d.jpg
item01_070524e.jpg

The Gooey Bomb is a bomb that adheres to most things. It's an explosive encased in a gummy goo.
It's a little different from a Motion Sensing Bomb in the sense that it can attach itself not only to the terrain, but also to opponents.
When you hit someone with it...It sticks to them! Get...GET IT OFF! Then it explodes! Oh, the horror!
However, it's possible to get a Gooey Bomb that's stuck to you to stick to someone else.
Touching someone as you pass by may very well cause it to migrate when you least expect it!
Pass it on! It may even get returned to sender...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
the first item has been revealed, as I linked to in my last post:

The Gooey Bomb

It's like a motion sensing bomb, but it can attach itself to opponents, as well as terrain
item01_070524a.jpg

item01_070524b.jpg

item01_070524c.jpg

item01_070524d.jpg

It seems, however, that you can get it off by passing by another character, sometimes. The bomb may transfer onto the other character. So I guess it's a proximity mine on terrain, but if it's on someone, it's a timed explosive?

item01_070524e-l.jpg

gooey bomb sounds great! but only ONE item update?! that's it for this whole day!? well i guess i shouldn't expect a lot from these updates...

fernoca

fernoca said:
Also remember that not every day is going to reveal 2 characters...

After all, it could be:

Monday: Music and Stages
Tuesday: Characters
Wednesday:Items
Thursday: Game Modes
Friday: Notices

Or some other order..
Back in Melee, they also revealed 2 characters per week.

So, who knows...

Told ya so! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom