• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
RiskyChris said:
I can win a match in SSB64 with 95% of my moves being throws (Pikachu).

Ditto for me, that pissed off a LOT of my friends... then when I migrated to Melee, I became an expert with Marth's smash moves, getting them even MORE pissed at me!

Amir0x

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Why would they get rid of Ness. In fact, knowing NA they would probably add a Mother 3 stage for the NA version only just to tease us :/

Well they said some of the original characters wouldn't be returning, and Ness seems like a suspiciously throwaway character for the worldwide audience. Even more so than Fire Emblem characters, which actually has been getting consistent releases in the US now.

Akai said:
Sakurai said that all the original characters from the first game will be back, so yes...

I heard the opposite. Or was it just characters from Melee not returning?

Amir0x said:
Well they said some of the original characters wouldn't be returning, and Ness seems like a suspiciously throwaway character for the worldwide audience. Even more so than Fire Emblem characters, which actually has been getting consistent releases in the US now.

I heard the opposite. Or was it just characters from Melee not returning?

Yeah, they said some Melee characters aren't returning and that ALL original characters are

The original Smashers are staying, I assume this includes hidden characters. Then again, if it includes hidden characters, there's no getting rid of Jigglypuff...

Game-Biz

ShockingAlberto said:
The original Smashers are staying, I assume this includes hidden characters. Then again, if it includes hidden characters, there's no getting rid of Jigglypuff...
Jigglypuff is perhaps the most underrated of all the Smash characters.

It's a shame... :(

Chemo

underfooter said:
By 'some' they probably mean like two or three. Throw away ice-climbers and Mr. Game-and-watch....maybe Falco.
Even though I don't care for them, I'd rather see the Ice Climbers stay and the clones (Pichu, Roy, Falco, etc) be removed... also, I'd like to see Ganondorf's moveset stripped away from him completely and rebuilt from the ground up as a totally new character (with a sword) as opposed to being a clone.

Too bad Mr Game & Watch was already confirmed to be out... as much as I didn't care to use him, he was pretty entertaining visually and had a very cool stage.

You know, I just realized just how freakin' huge this thread is going to become over time as ever constant daily update will just keep adding and adding to it. GAF record?

Chemo said:
Even though I don't care for them, I'd rather see the Ice Climbers stay and the clones (Pichu, Roy, Falco, etc) be removed... also, I'd like to see Ganondorf's moveset stripped away from him completely and rebuilt from the ground up as a totally new character (with a sword) as opposed to being a clone.

Too bad Mr Game & Watch was already confirmed to be out... as much as I didn't care to use him, he was pretty entertaining visually and had a very cool stage.
I could do without Pichu and Roy for sure.

DarkKyo

I'm really afraid of there being a break in the updates.. I love waking up every morning to new website content! Do you think this streak of updates is just to kickstart the website, or will they actually continue to update every single day?

Firestorm

Zoramon089 said:
Yeah, they said some Melee characters aren't returning and that ALL original characters are

I don't remember him saying that all the original cast will stay... However, I don't expect any of them to leave.

underfooter said:
By 'some' they probably mean like two or three. Throw away ice-climbers and Mr. Game-and-watch....maybe Falco.

Why the hell do so many people hate the most interesting and unique character in the game?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they just put all the clones back in as an alternate outfit at least. Doctor mario was my guy.

Game-Biz

Chemo said:
Wait, WHAT!?

darthno.gif

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Game-Biz said:

I think Samus is the most underrated. Next to Ice Climbers and Falcon, she's the top-ranked character in the middle tier.

She's heavy, floaty, has the best crouch cancel in the game, good priority, amazing range on her moves (especiall forward smash), and she's the only character that can kill with projectiles, really.

Anyways, guys, could we keep this thread from turning into a character debate again? :lol

Firestorm said:
Why the hell do so many people hate the most interesting and unique character in the game?
Bubsy and Gex would be a more intersting and unique character as one than is (are?) Popo and Nana. Maybe even Boogerman and Earthworm Jim.

Firestorm

Chemo said:

Too bad Mr Game & Watch was already confirmed to be out...
as much as I didn't care to use him, he was pretty entertaining visually and had a very cool stage.

Sonic & Tails are in Melee.

Sharp

GaimeGuy said:
I think Samus is the most underrated. Next to Ice Climbers and Falcon, she's the top-ranked character in the middle tier.

She's heavy, floaty, has the best crouch cancel in the game, good priority, amazing range on her moves (especiall forward smash), and she's the only character that can kill with projectiles, really.
Middle tier? Samus isn't top-tier? What the hell? Samus DESERVES to be top-tier.

Firestorm

Talladega Knight said:
Bubsy and Gex would be a more intersting and unique character as one than is (are?) Popo and Nana. Maybe even Boogerman and Earthworm Jim.

SSBM doesn't care for their personalities or backstories. As a fighter, the ICs are the most interesting character in SSBM. The amount of things you can do by controlling them seperately is mind-blowing. I love watching them in action.

It's one of the reasons I really, really hope to see a Sonic & Tails duo in the next game. Although I wouldn't have the technical skill to use them proficiently.

Game-Biz said:

Jigglypuff is pretty worthless until you learn how to shorthop. Then she becomes onte of the best characters in the game. Shes only underrated to casual players. Most good ppl know how good JP is.

DarkKyo

turkification said:
Jigglypuff has to go. Was a joke character in the first place.
I've seen some really, really skilled Jigglypuffs, and I love using him myself. I'd hate it if they took him out.

NeonZ

No one has been confirmed to be out. I think it's highly doubtful characters with concepts as singular as Game & Watch and Ice Climbers will go anywhere- unless they're replaced with characters with similar concepts. However, that seems extremely unlikely for both, because of a lack of available replacements.

And, no, besides the walking animation, Wario has shown nothing similar to Game & Watch, he hasn't even been pictured holding a single weapon yet. In Youtube, there are several videos of SSBM characters moving using animations of other characters, through cheat devices, look at any 3d character using Game & Watch animations, they're nothing like Wario.

Cosmozone

Game-Biz said:
Wait, WHAT!?

darthno.gif
Fully agreed. Mr. Game & Watch is one of Nintendo's most iconic characters and I think he's awesome. I even haven't unlocked him in SSBM but I want him in Brawl.

Chemo

Firestorm said:
Sonic & Tails are in Melee.
Err, I'm kind of at a loss as to how this, whether it ends up being true or not, has anything to with my post...

NeonZ said:
No one has been confirmed to be out. I think it's highly doubtful characters with concepts as singular as Game & Watch and Ice Climbers will go anywhere- unless they're replaced with characters with similar concepts. However, that seems extremely unlikely for both, because of a lack of available replacements.

And, no, besides the walking animation, Wario has shown nothing similar to Game & Watch, he hasn't even been pictured holding a single weapon yet.
Sakurai confirmed months ago that Mr Game & Watch was out. It's been too long for me to be able to find the story, but Mr G&W is gone and that is straight from the man himself. You can choose not to believe me if you like, of course.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Chemo said:
Err, I'm kind of at a loss as to how this, whether it ends up being true or not, has anything to with my post...

I think MR. Game and Watch not being in Brawl is just as much of a false rumor as Sonic and Tails in Melee. Not to say that he won't be in Brawl but its not confirmed

Firestorm

Chemo said:

Sakurai confirmed months ago that Mr Game & Watch was out. It's been too long for me to be able to find the story, but Mr G&W is gone and that is straight from the man himself. You can choose not to believe me if you like, of course.

I'm saying don't believe everything you hear. Especially slow Japanese being read by some guy pretending to be Sakurai on a fake radio show. Many news outlets, including 1up, reported the story. It was false. They fell for it. Sakurai has not said one word on who is out.

Chemo

grandjedi6 said:
I think MR. Game and Watch not being in Brawl is just as much of a false rumor as Sonic and Tails in Melee. Not to say that he won't be in Brawl but its not confirmed
Perhaps *I* am mistaken. I hope so, because I would really hate to see unique characters cut.

Threi

notag
Well it seems that G&W would be replaced with Wario, and
hopefully
Ice Climbers will be replaced with Hammer Bros.

believe.

Firestorm

Mr. Pachunga Chung said:
Well it seems that G&W would be replaced with Wario, and
hopefully
Ice Climbers will be replaced with Hammer Bros.

believe.

ICs = only ones from their game
Hammer Bros = yet another Mario character

Solution? Make Hammer Bros. the ICs' clones. Then we have two characters who can do crazy shit that differ slightly enough that they'll require seperate strategies (like Fox/Falco)

Game-Biz

Chemo said:

Are you reffering to this story?

Because it was confirmed to be false. Sakurai never made those statements.

GaimeGuy

I think the reason why some people think that G&W is going out is because some of G&W's animations were used for Wario in the second Brawl trailer.

Personally, I think those are just meant to be placeholder animations, but, well, we'll see.

Anybody who says Jigglypuff is a joke character and should be removed, be quiet, you obviously know nothing about Super Smash Brothers. All skilled players know that Jiggs can be a power house, just like many other characters, with the exceptions being Bowser, Pichu and Mewtwo, who are just too under developed. However a skilled player will beat the shit out of a newb with the lowest tier characters easily, so the point is moot. Why do people want to get rid of some of the more interesting characters? I personally say keep them all and keep adding more! More the better!

Another thing, They should keep all the clone characters but really go and make them more unique. Ganondorf for example, he deserves to be his own character for sure.

GaimeGuy

RiskyChris said:
My god, Pikachu is low tier in Melee. No wonder I dismissed the game on my first playtest of it :lol
A good pikachu is one of the most annoying opponents to face in Melee, especially if you're playing as a floaty character

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
catfish said:
I hope they just put all the clones back in as an alternate outfit at least. Doctor mario was my guy.

I knew there was something I liked about ye.

papercut

How do people dislike a (obviously superior) game just because their favorite character was toned down? Is it that hard to just use some other character? I really don't get this.

Does this mean that if Namco ever tones down the Mishimas (please!), people will stop playing Tekken?

GaimeGuy

VindicatorZ said:
Anybody who says Jigglypuff is a joke character and should be removed, be quiet, you obviously know nothing about Super Smash Brothers. All skilled players know that Jiggs can be a power house, just like many other characters, with the exceptions being Bowser, Pichu and Mewtwo, who are just too under developed. However a skilled player will beat the shit out of a newb with the lowest tier characters easily, so the point is moot. Why do people want to get rid of some of the more interesting characters? I personally say keep them all and keep adding more! More the better!

Another thing, They should keep all the clone characters but really go and make them more unique. Ganondorf for example, he deserves to be his own character for sure.
Are you sure about that?

:)

Mewtwo has plenty of potential: the problem is that he's big, has a bad shield, AND is light.

Pichu? On one hand, he's harder to hit than Pikachu, and he's faster. On the other hand, he has no range, he doesn't have the power of Pikachu's smashes, a lot of the annoying moves pikachu has (tail spike and down smash) are completely nerfed with pichu, he has the most difficult shorthop in the game, and he's the lighest character in the game.

I would say the characters iwth the least potentialk in the game are Kirby, pichu, and Bowser, in that order (from best to worst)

jeremy1456

GaimeGuy said:
A good pikachu is one of the most annoying opponents to face in Melee, especially if you're playing as a floaty character

Anyone can be a good Pikachu with very little practice, same with Link. They have extremely low learning curves, but as characters they kinda top off even for someone who has mastered them.

A master Jigglypuff player however, is probably the most difficult opponent in all of Smash. Jigglypuff is crazy technical and quite difficult to learn to use. Taking it out would be a darn shame.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
papercut said:
How do people dislike a (obviously superior) game just because their favorite character was toned down? Is it that hard to just use some other character? I really don't get this.

Does this mean that if Namco ever tones down the Mishimas (please!), people will stop playing Tekken?

I think most people just pfrefer one over the other, only one or two people said they outright disliked Melee.

And don't bring other fighting games into this thread, it won't end well. -_-

GaimeGuy

jeremy1456 said:
Anyone can be a good Pikachu with very little practice, same with Link. They have extremely low learning curves, but as characters they kinda top off even for someone who has mastered them.

A master Jigglypuff player however, is probably the most difficult opponent in all of Smash. Jigglypuff is crazy technical and quite difficult to learn to use. Taking it out would be a darn shame.
or maybe a master ice climbers (aka Chudat :lol )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom