• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonk said:
Less details in the wings

<<<OLD (1st) - NEW(2nd)>>>

solo_icarus_01.jpg
pit.jpg

the old render rocks :O

but I still like PIT

Jonk said:
Less details in the wings

solo_icarus_01.jpg
pit.jpg

Downgrade confirmed!

There are several differences in the models. Along with the wing changes, the design of his clothing has changed a little bit. Also, and the small size of this model may have something to do with it (he looks further back), but the sword and hair don't seem to have as much detail as before. I could be wrong though. Also, the white bits at the top of his shoes are just white textures, rather than that furry stuff from before.

He definitely looks a little younger in the face than his old model.

Eteric Rice

ShockingAlberto said:
Pit's toes are ****ing huge

The better for kicking one's ass with, my dear. :lol

Alkaliine said:
Downgrade confirmed!

There are several differences in the models. Along with the wing changes, the design of his clothing has changed a little bit. Also, and the small size of this model may have something to do with it (he looks further back), but the sword and hair don't seem to have as much detail as before. I could be wrong though. Also, the white bits at the top of his shoes are just white textures, rather than that furry stuff from before.

The first was probably touched up in photoshop. Or, you know... Bullshot. :p

Still looks like win, though.

celebi23 said:
Haven't noticed many differences between the model shown from last year & the new one. Main thing is that tha wings are more "cartoony" & have less texture on them than the older model. Other than that, YAY PIT!!!!!! :D

edit: damn, Jonk beat me to it

edit 2: Oh & the face in the new model is the actual in-game model face, like the face on the new link model

Link actually looks a lot like Pit in Brawl. They even have similar moves.

Eteric Rice said:

Yup, the current model is still fantastic.

Alkaliine said:
Downgrade confirmed!

Well those white halo things on his arm have a golden glow now.

I think some charaters may see a downgrade ore two... I hope its to make room for extra 3rd party newcomers :)

Smiles and Cries said:
Well those white halo things on his arm have a golden glow now.

I think some charaters may see a downgrade ore two... I hope its to make room for extra 3rd party newcomers :)

It's interesting though since Link has actually received a slight upgrade from his previous Brawl model.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Jonk said:
Less detail in the wings, pattern lining in the cloth is also less detailed.

solo_icarus_01.jpg
pit.jpg

If you look at the original trailer the second render is what Pit looks like in it. The first probably was just art work.

Jonk said:

http://starmen.net/ssbb/artwork/solo_icarus_01.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pit/pit.jpg

Looks cool. But I still can't wrap my head around how you are supposed to "curve the beams of light". I mean, at least, PK Thunder and Samus missiles are relatively slow and "easy" to direct. But a freaking beam of light ? Oh I'd like to see that.
(On the other hand, that's exactly the kind of surprise I expect from this game. So awesome)

I like the new Pit a lot. Subtle but definitely an improvement, it suits the Smash Bros style better. I wonder if Snake has undergone a similar transformation?

Can't wait to see what secret characters the game has in wait for us! Who remembers how surprising it was to get characters like Falco, Mr Game and Watch, and Roy/Marth in the last game? Melee is still awesome today, I was playing it with my bro last night.

Linkup

If they do an adventure mode with all the characters involved in some kind of storyline, then this:

pit_070525a-l.jpg

is the part where Link cuts Pit clean in two.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Linkup said:
If they do an adventure mode with all the characters involved in some kind of storyline, then this:

pit_070525a-l.jpg

is the part where Link cuts Pit clean in two.
They're just walking on sunshine, and don't it feel good!!

Eteric Rice said:

I actually like Pits new look. He is "kid" Icarus after all
4r2pqwl.jpg

Android18a said:
I like the new Pit a lot. Subtle but definitely an improvement, it suits the Smash Bros style better. I wonder if Snake has undergone a similar transformation?

Can't wait to see what secret characters the game has in wait for us! Who remembers how surprising it was to get characters like Falco, Mr Game and Watch, and Roy/Marth in the last game? Melee is still awesome today, I was playing it with my bro last night.

Yeaahh.. I still play it two/three hours a day with some friends Monday-Thursday.. :)

justchris

Linkup said:
Will that definitely locks you down to get killed. I think I used Ness' PK Thunder about twice.

PK Thunder is Ness' recovery move, and it's also better used as an indirect attack rather than a direct one. You do something like 4 times as much damage if you PK thunder yourself into someone as you do just hitting them with it. The only other thing it's good for is to annoy someone at a distance in a 4 player match.

alkaline said:
Downgrade confirmed!

The first model seems like a render, whereas the second appears to be an in-game model. That's probably the case with all the original models we saw from E3, they were all renders, not in-game.

RiskyChris said:
I blame the SSB website for the reemergence of my insomnia.
Yeah, I haven't gone to sleep before 5AM this whole week.

It's not enough to just get the information. It must be discussed and dissected before I can sleep.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
This is how I imagine the aiming of Pit's arrows works: It's your Neutral+B. You press and hold B, and while holding, you tilt up or down with the analog stick to aim up or down. Then you release B, and he fires the arrow, and it curves like arrows do, along whatever trajectory you set before releasing B.

I don't think it'll be used much in competitive play, unless the aiming is real fast.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Smiles and Cries said:
I'm glad I'm not alone in the sleepless group

now waiting for FFCC vid

That still hasn't come out yet?? I haven't left this thread, I've just switched between it and the Smash Bros. Web site in a tab while watching Shin-Chan on Adult Swim and eating Double Stuf Oreos.

...yeah I need sleep too.

RiskyChris said:
Oooh when's that going up?

NO ONE SAY
JAPAN TIME

flipping_heck said:
Are the updates completely random now? (as in what type of update) Pit is nice and i like the ability to use twin blades or a bow. :D

You can't control Japan Time. Japan Time is a man of its own. It can be who it wants to be.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Oh, Pit today.

The arrow trajectory thing is interesting. I suppose it will be like PK Thunder but a lot quicker with less control.

It would be cool if you can change Pits style of play mid battle. Like say, if you press B it will switch from Arrow to Double Blade, press B again and it switches to 2 Sword Style, and its all seamless. No "transforming" animation like Zelda -> Sheik. There would be so much depth and you could do so many cool combos. Pit would be one of my main characters if they make him play like that.

ShockingAlberto said:
Pit's toes are ****ing huge

I think that's the way Greek mythology portrays feet if I remember correctly. Edit: Or something... I remember seeing that portrayal of feet in greek style art. Whatever.

Jonk said:

Nah, thats obviously photoshopped. Theres no way they could get that kind of detail on each feather. Like someone else said the "new" model is the one that was in the E3 trailer.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
actually, I think a few people in this thread have the right idea: use the wiimote to guide the arrow, so you can move and guide the arrow at the same time.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
methodman said:
They put it on the banned websites list because they only give you like a certain amount of views on the picture and then it gets blocked off
Good riddance.

Worst image hosting site ever, and yet everyone uses it for some reason.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
GaimeGuy said:
actually, I think a few people in this thread have the right idea: use the wiimote to guide the arrow, so you can move and guide the arrow at the same time.

If they're going for Wiimote controls than yeah thats how they would do it.

GaimeGuy said:

That would be sweet, just hope wiimote controls are actually in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom