• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

justchris

Fireblend said:
I'm not sure I'd like to see Crono there. He does belong to my favorite game of all time, but I'm not sure he would fit well. Oh wait, Snake's in, might as well include him.

I think he'd fit fine. I mean, okay, the game is a trifle heavy on sword fighters, but he also has lightning magic that works completely different from Pikachu's. I think he'd be an interesting addition.

Zyid said:
Way to completely misread that post.

Thanks for helping.

Linkup

My prediction for tonights update

Leon_S_Kennedy2.jpg

Yes, I know it's a weekend

MrNibbles

Banned
If Leon is in it, Luis needs to be in it, and the merchant, and Ashley, and
pedobear

But srsly - how much would a Village level rock? With a few El Gigantes making an appearance.

Hero

Resident Evil characters? You guys are daydreaming.

Sakurai said that he only accepted Snake as a character because he could give him his CQC martial arts and his weapons would be explosives instead of firearms.

What would any of the RE characters be able to use?

Wait, 3 am on saturday isn't for the friday update?

#@*$&)@*$@$)*@&#$

Back to the Trusty Bell demo again (for the 100th time) for me it is.

Eteric Rice

Hero said:

Sakurai said that he only accepted Snake as a character because he could give him his CQC martial arts and his weapons would be explosives instead of firearms.

Chainsaw. :lol

ELS-01X

Banned
Hero said:

Wesker has super powers :D

fernoca

Hero said:

Well,
Jill in Marvel vs Capcom 2, used mostly punches and kicks and her special moves consisted in bazookas, she turning into fire..and used as weapons mostly bazookas..and zombies.

Hero

fernoca said:
Well,
Jill in Marvel vs Capcom 2, used mostly punches and kicks and her special moves consisted in bazookas, she turning into fire..and used as weapons mostly bazookas..and zombies.

Yes, I've played MvC2, but her playstyle in that game was pretty silly. You forgot to mention that a lot of her special attacks were summoning zombies, dogs, and ravens offscreen. That does not translate well to SSB.

If anyone from Capcom will be in SSB, it's going to be Mega Man or Viewtiful Joe.

fernoca

Hero said:
Yes, I've played MvC2, but her playstyle in that game was pretty silly. You forgot to mention that a lot of her special attacks were summoning zombies, dogs, and ravens offscreen. That does not translate well to SSB.

If anyone from Capcom will be in SSB, it's going to be Mega Man or Viewtiful Joe.

Mega Man is like an obvious choice, don't know why people say they don't want him because he doesn't "fit"..

I hope no one from Bio Hazard is in the game. It would be like having Snake vs Leon
fanboys would trip out so much.

Still I think everything in that music list has to be a clue to what is in the game, there is no other reasons for Nintendo to use those talents unless Nintendo already has deals made with those companies for featuring characters.

They are going to pay for that music after all, why have music if you don't feature someone from a game that uses the music? I would be shocked if someone from Killer 7 is not in the game. Although those Killer 7 music guys may just be there to do music for any capcom representatives in the game.

This does not make falling asleep til monday any easier, thank god its not a long weekend in Japan :)

fernoca said:
Mega Man is like an obvious choice, don't know why people say they don't want him because he doesn't "fit"..

You know what I think Mega Man matches Kirby very well. Kirby uses powers from others he eats, Mega Man uses powers of others he KOs something like that would balance just fine - Mega Man did have a huge start on the NES/Famicom and beyond so he deserves it as much as Snake.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Smiles and Cries said:
I hope no one from Bio Hazard is in the game. It would be like having Snake vs Leon
fanboys would trip out so much.

Still I think everything in that music list has to be a clue to what is in the game, there is no other reasons for Nintendo to use those talents unless Nintendo already has deals made with those companies for featuring characters.

They are going to pay for that music after all, why have music if you don't feature someone from a game that uses the music? I would be shocked if someone from Killer 7 is not in the game. Although those Killer 7 music guys may just be there to do music for any capcom representatives in the game.

This does not make falling asleep til monday any easier, thank god its not a long weekend in Japan :)
I'm not so sure that they're there as representatives for certain characters in the games.

I mean, there's like 3 or 4 composers from Game Arts, and what could they possibly be there representing as?

GaimeGuy said:
I'm not so sure that they're there as representatives for certain characters in the games.

I mean, there's like 3 or 4 composers from Game Arts, and what could they possibly be there representing as?

Well not all of them have to be representatives they can still remix other music, but I don't see any reason why they can't have a Starfox vs Grandia space flight combat mode :lol :D

well maybe not - but some of them will help out

We've asked our group of arrangement supervisors to listen to an elite selection of Nintendo music and asked them to arrange several of their favorite songs...which means there will be quite a number of songs.

justchris

Smiles and Cries said:

Or, alternately, Nintendo might already have been working with those musicians on other games, and decided to keep them on to compose a few more songs for Smash Bros. to give it more variety. There's nothing that says Nintendo is getting music from those particular games, they may have tapped those artists to make original music, or special remixes of classic Nintendo music.

justchris said:
Or, alternately, Nintendo might already have been working with those musicians on other games, and decided to keep them on to compose a few more songs for Smash Bros. to give it more variety. There's nothing that says Nintendo is getting music from those particular games, they may have tapped those artists to make original music, or special remixes of classic Nintendo music.

yeah I'm with you on that, I still think its a little of both.

Christopher

fernoca said:

How the hell does Megaman not "fit" - he's like a skin clone of Samus if you really just wanna squeeze him in there.

Ramenman

Smiles and Cries said:
please don't update on the weekend

I hardly got any sleep because of this Japan Time this week :(

So people are actually staying up for these updates ??

It's like, 3 to 4 screens of some guy, or a new item. It's not like it's megaton everyday, you might as well wake up in the morning and see what happened.

Or is it because of the countdown to the site and the Crystal Bearers trailer ? :p

xfactor

Banned
Hero said:

Leon have 2 version of kicks + 3 types of grenades in RE4.

Maztorre said:
The knife, brother. The knife.

If anyone's going to be the knife man in this game, it should be Krauser. he's bigger, more badass, his kicks are like f***ing logs, and his arm of death would slaughter pikachu like nobody's business.

TEJ

I'd like to see Viewtiful Joe and Phoenix Wright {very doubtful} make it in, along with leon, ryu hayubasha, and simon belmont.

Zeed

Banned
methodman said:
So do they still have finishing moves in this game, or are they already taken out?? I thought they were pretty ****ing awesome
Super Smash attacks are still in but apparently triggered by an item (which can be seen in the original trailer), which is a good idea.

Cosmozone

I'm pretty late to this news. But I'm excited anyway. The daily updates are simply awesome. Hard to believe there were people who were disappointed by this. This must be the most fanboyish experience I've ever witnessed here since reactions on Nintendo Fusion Tour where gaffers were outraged that people from the street didn't provide new information.

Kjellson

Hmm, I noticed that since the composer list came, people begged for Crono, because the Chrono Trigger-guy is on it. But why, Oh why, has no one mentioned Magus?

Magus_new_art.jpg

Okay, Crono is cool and that, and the protagonist. Of course I want him to. But Magus is one million times better.

Sharp

Kjellson said:
Hmm, I noticed that since the composer list came, people begged for Crono, because the Chrono Trigger-guy is on it. But why, Oh why, has no one mentioned Magus?

Magus_new_art.jpg

Okay, Crono is cool and that, and the protagonist. Of course I want him to. But Magus is one million times better.
That's supposed to be Magus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom