• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game-Biz

So I wonder when we're going to find out who this "secret developer" is? I mean, jeez, how long can they keep it a secret (and why)?

And I'm calling it: New Item, tonight.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Game-Biz said:
So I wonder when we're going to find out who this "secret developer" is? I mean, jeez, how long can they keep it a secret (and why)?

And I'm calling it: New Item, tonight.

Its because they're aquiring a character from that particular developer and they don't want anyone guessing who that character-

Oh update! Metroooid music!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Whoever said it would be music really called it.

Track sounds awesome. But does this confirm a fight with Ridley in Adventure Mode, or not?

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Alkaliine said:
Wow this is a really intense track, awesome stuff. Ridley playable character confirmed?

Hopefully Ridley would be more of a environmental damage character in the background, which I don't mind at all.

Yes, yes, YES, YES! Metroid remix! :D :D

Man I didn't think they could top Primes, but somehow they did. :O

Every day I grow more and more excited about this game when the previous day I didn't think I could get any more so! :lol :D

Alkaliine said:
Wow this is a really intense track, awesome stuff. Ridley playable character confirmed?
He really seems to stress it's Ridley's theme.

Plus, Metroid's much more popular now than it was when Melee came out. If Ridley were to be added, this would be the game to do it.

Somnid

Being a huge Metroid fan I'm glad there's going to be a cool Metroid track. I was not a fan of the stuff in SSB and SSBM, it might have been Metorid music but it didn't sound Metroid at all. This however is made of God and win.

It also gives a glimmer of hope for a boss attack mode, which I've always wanted to see in Smash. Especially since a half-ton pterodactyl just doesn't make sense as a playable character but is iconic enough to warrant an appearence.

Game-Biz

ShockingAlberto said:
He really seems to stress it's Ridley's theme.

Plus, Metroid's much more popular now than it was when Melee came out. If Ridley were to be added, this would be the game to do it.
samus_ridley.jpg

...It would be awesome.:D

I'm not getting my hopes up, though, that's for sure.

Jiggy

JonathanEx said:
I love music updates. They are the best.
They really are. Part because the composers are great, but part because music is really the one aspect of the game we can get a feel for without playing it...

dyls

If only they could have gotten "Hip" Tanaka to do a remix of the old Metroid or Kid Icarus themes. Those two games represent some of my favorite game music ever. He had a style like no other.

Stop It said:
Oh yes, :)

So, whats the betting, stage or char for Ridley? I'm hoping the latter, but hey.

The only thing that puts me off is this:

Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)

Now he may just be referring to how this is Rdiley's music, I just hope he isn't meaning that this is the music that plays if you face Ridley in, say, Adventure mode. Or maybe it's just the music for a Norfair stage, in which Ridley is featured (and causes havoc).

Hopefully it really does mean he's included. :)

Game-Biz

GaimeGuy said:
and what's this about a "secret developer"

Where are you guys hearing this?
Masahiro Sakurai said:
So, development would not be occurring at Hal Labs. But, the code and development environment of Super Smash Bros. Melee, which I had developed in the past, was offered. Having this versus not having this means the efficiency of the development changes dramatically, so I'm thankful.

But we still didn't have enough people. To create a game like Super Smash Bros. Melee, I would want a team with a minimum of 50 people. Getting together that many people would be a back-breaking task.

So it was that Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto introduced me to a "particular team" that had just completed a large-scale game.

Until the day comes when I can announce the team's name, I shall simply refer to them as "The Studio."
And in the slight chance you haven't read it, here is Mr. Sakurai's story on how Brawl came into development:
http://tba.zelda101.com/SSBBStory.php

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
The remix is great, but thats not the final version right? Like, this is the early midi arrangement and later they will get a band or orchestra or whatever to play it?

GaimeGuy said:
and what's this about a "secret developer"

Where are you guys hearing this?

On the Smash site before the update, I think. Sakurai said something about getting help from another dev house and he would refer to them as "that" developer, for now. Or something along those lines.

^ What he said.

Awesome Ridley music! Man I hope Ridley is a playable character. That would rock so hard! Ever since the first Smash Bros, my wishlist of playable characters was:

1. Ridley
2. Pit
3. Little Mac
4. Wario

So far two of them have come true. Come on Ridley and Little Mac! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom