• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

PkunkFury

BGBW said:
Wario has his own icon, so he'd count as his own series.

So we're missing out of the known characters:
Metal Gear Solid
Wario

The other icons from Melee are:
F-Zero
Donkey Kong
Earthbound
Fire Emblem
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers

That is a total of eight, however there are nine blank spaces.

wow, this is great new info!

Worst case scenario, there's one unknown series (hopefully 3rd party), or two or 3 unknown series with G&W or Ice Climber getting the boot.

I'm going to go out on a limb and hope that series which have to be unlocked would be listed after the main series (i.e. Metal Gear). That would mena at least 2 more Nintendo series (Pikmin and Animal Crossing) in addition to Ice Climber and G&W, plus an unknown amount of third party series trailing the end of the list

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
PkunkFury said:
wow, this is great new info!

Worst case scenario, there's one unknown series (hopefully 3rd party), or two or 3 unknown series with G&W or Ice Climber getting the boot.

I'm going to go out on a limb and hope that series which have to be unlocked would be listed after the main series (i.e. Metal Gear). That would mena at least 2 more Nintendo series (Pikmin and Animal Crossing) in addition to Ice Climber and G&W, plus an unknown amount of third party series trailing the end of the list
Didn't Sakurai say that anything that is third party in SSBB will have to be unlocked, including Solid Snake? I'd guess that he won't reveal anything that is hidden on the website till after the game is released. So taking that into account, the missing space will all be Nintendo related.

basic01_070522a-l.jpg

Wario has his classic W as his icon.

Hope his level features cameos of characters from the Wario Ware games.

ant1532

Banned
BGBW said:
Didn't Sakurai say that anything that is third party in SSBB will have to be unlocked, including Solid Snake? I'd guess that he won't reveal anything that is hidden on the website till after the game is released. So taking that into account, the missing space will all be Nintendo related.
He revealed all the characters in the Melee site before the game released.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Grecco said:
Wario will be seperate since its the Warioware Wario

I wonder if there will be a Warioware themed stage too
The stage changes every five seconds. It will be a tourney player's favourite!

ant1532 said:
Hey, everyone likes Pokemon Stadium! As long as it's fair I think it will be a tourney fav for real.

Yeah, but if you've ever played a Wario Ware game, you'd know he wasn't exaggerating when he said the stage would change every five seconds. He means... literally, every five seconds.

ant1532

Banned
WastingPenguins said:
Yeah, but if you've ever played a Wario Ware game, you'd know he wasn't exaggerating when he said the stage would change every five seconds. He means... literally, every five seconds.
Yeah I know he meant every 5 second, as long as it's fair I think it will be a tourney fav for real.

Sharp

Ridley's music is pretty good, I suppose. Could've been better if they stayed a little truer to the original, but still good! NOW SHOW US SAMUS.

ant1532

Banned
Known Game Series

1)
151fs218317.gif

2)

3)
151fs217588.gif

4)
151fs217629.gif

5)

6)
151fs21842.gif

7)

8)
151fs217775.gif

9)
151fs218075.gif

10)
151fs21789.gif

11)
151fs230433.gif

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)
151fs217983.gif

Info taken and edited a bit from BGBW

We are missing these symbols: (confirmed to be in the game)

Metal Gear Solid
Wario(has his own "W" symbol)
Fire Emblem (has a stage in the game and stages on the sit have their own symbol.

The other icons from Melee are:
F-Zero
Donkey Kong
Earthbound
Fire Emblem
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers

ant1532

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
Zuh? I'm pretty sure he didn't. Some characters weren't even known until people unlocked them.

SamuraiPanda's Trnaslation thread on the old official Smash Brawl Site where Sakurai used to blog daily. said:
#251-260: Sakurai will make Snake (and all other guest, i.e. 3rd party, characters) into an unlockable character. Sakurai will also eventually reveal all the secret characters (most likely what he did when melee was released: give details on a single starting character every week until release, then after release, give details on one secret character every week until they've all been done).

Bert409

I think we're definitely getting a playable Ridley. They want probably more villians in there(Metaknight), and Ridley is by far the most iconic Metroid enemy. Now just add Little Mac and Bald Bull, and we're set :D

ant1532

Banned
{Mike} said:
That means no Sonic
Not at all. Remember we are just going by 18 since that's Kid Icarus' symbol's number which is the largest making it the last of the known symbols. There can be a symbol with numer 23 for all we know.

Also even if it was the last one, and all the melee game series returned there would be one more game series left and that could be sonic. And I don't think Game and Watch and Ice climbers are going to make it back.

Characters available from the start in Melee:
-Mario
-DK
-Link
-Samus
-Yoshi
-Kirby
-Fox
-Pikachu
-Ness
-Captain Falcon
-Bowser
-Peach
-Ice climbers
-Zelda/Sheik

That's 14 characters. Assuming that there would be 14 starting characters in SSBB, and with the following known characters:

-Pit
-Mario
-Link
-Pikachu
-Kirby
-Fox
-Snake
-Wario
-Meta Knight
-Samus

..that would mean 4 more characters to be unveiled (possibly 4 returning characters...). But they could reveal some secret characters, especially if there are big names like Sonic (which I highly doubt but you never know). And there could be more than 14 non-secret characters this time around.

ant1532

Banned
Meta-Knight said:
Characters available from the start in Melee:
-Mario
-DK
-Link
-Samus
-Yoshi
-Kirby
-Fox
-Pikachu
-Ness
-Captain Falcon
-Bowser
-Peach
-Ice climbers
-Zelda/Sheik

That's 14 characters. Assuming that there would be 14 starting characters in SSBB, and with the following known characters:

-Pit
-Mario
-Link
-Pikachu
-Kirby
-Fox
-Snake
-Wario
-Meta Knight
-Samus

..that would mean 4 more characters to be unveiled (possibly 4 returning characters...). But they could reveal some secret characters, especially if there are big names like Sonic (which I highly doubt but you never know). And there could be more than 14 non-secret characters this time around.
Sakurai has said already that Snake will be a hidden character.

Hero

usea said:
I hate to be a negative nancy, but the quality on that song isn't so great. It might be the mixing, but for such a busy song you'd think they could give us a wider band or something. As for the arrangement itself, I like it.

Here you go. Ripped from the flash file, not recorded and re-encoded. Yes, the terrible compression is not my doing!

Thanks. It's just a cell phone ring, so it doesn't have to be that great of quality. Here's hoping that the eventual OST will have glorious quality music.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
AntMurda said:
The team was probably in the 35+ capacity and Sakurai wanted a 50+ team. So Shigeru Miyamoto introduced a "small mystery company with some tie to Nintendo" that was able to complete the team .

The team is well over 70 people now.

Also, Sakurai said all the music would be orchestrated a year ago. Not that I'm complaining too much since the quality of Brawl's midi seems sexcellent.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Souldriver said:
I don't think you're talking out of your arse, but relying too much on wishful thinking. It's nintendo we're talking about. I don't think it's their priority to make 'real' music. They're masters in creating fantastic tunes, but the tunes are always synthesizer/midi. I remember the promise of orchestrated Zelda...

Oh god, just searching a bit on Youtube, and finding this: mental orgasm at 1:26.:D

Oh god, I so need a full clean MP3 of that entire medley. I have another one, but it doesn't have the Dark World theme mixed into it like that one does.

If Nintendo has a remix of the dark world theme in Brawl, they will own this gen. PERIOD.

Bert409 said:
Ridley is by far the most iconic Metroid enemy.

I'll just assume you meant enemy that isn't a Metroid.

I'm starting to fear for Jigglypuff. The guy's not at all relevant anymore, he'd be returning more as a Smash character than as a Pokemon.

Holy cow at that update. This game is shaping up to have one of the greatest soudtracks ever! I can't wait to do some smashing with this blasting in the background!
MetatronM said:
That's not what the word "laud" means. In fact, it means the exact opposite of how you are trying to use it.

Sorry, pet peeve
Ooops, you're right, to laud is to give glorious praise, clearly not what I meant. Not sure of the word I was thinking of, but sorry to offend. :)

radiuhm

Souldriver said:
I don't think you're talking out of your arse, but relying too much on wishful thinking. It's nintendo we're talking about. I don't think it's their priority to make 'real' music. They're masters in creating fantastic tunes, but the tunes are always synthesizer/midi. I remember the promise of orchestrated Zelda...

Oh god, just searching a bit on Youtube, and finding this: mental orgasm at 1:26.:D

Because of you I am going to that concert, thank you for changing my life.

el jacko

Son of Godzilla said:
I'll just assume you meant enemy that isn't a Metroid.

I'm starting to fear for Jigglypuff. The guy's not at all relevant anymore, he'd be returning more as a Smash character than as a Pokemon.
I think having a Metroid as a character would be very cool and interesting, especially if they could make it all float-y like in the Metroid games.

And don't worry about Jigglypuff. Didn't he say all the SSB64 characters were in? I can't imagine any of them would be dropped.

ant1532

Banned
el jacko said:
I think having a Metroid as a character would be very cool and interesting, especially if they could make it all float-y like in the Metroid games.
Don't know any other way of saying this but...

WORST IDEA EVER!

:lol Sorry but cmon! Metroids have one attack which kills the prey(unknown how)

Goombas should be playable while your at it!

I'm just playin

but yeah... not really lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Taxman said:
Man, at this rate, this thread will break all records for posts. We haven't even seen the real secrets yet. :lol
I'm sure it'll get locked before the game gets released to keep it from surpassing Oblivion and Halo 3 ;)

THIS POST WAS SARCASTIC DON'T BAN ME MODS I KNOW THERE'S NO AGENDA

RagnarokX

You know, the artifact temple from MP1 is already perfectly suited to a Smash Bros stage. It's a small floating island above a deep crater. Ridley could fly by randomly attacking the stage and Samus' gunship could pop up as a temporary platform; possibly even have the gunship slowly heal whoever stands on it.

RagnarokX said:
You know, the artifact temple from MP1 is already perfectly suited to a Smash Bros stage. It's a small floating island above a deep crater. Ridley could fly by randomly attacking the stage and Samus' gunship could pop up as a temporary platform; possibly even have the gunship slowly heal whoever stands on it.

THAT WOULD BE TOO ******** COOL!

el jacko

ant1532 said:
Who said he couldn't think that?? I can't say what he thought was stupid? You don't expect feedback on a message board?
I don't think it's stupid at all. I mean, sure, it'd be difficult to create a full movelist, but it's not impossible. And besides, I was thinking mainly on how the Metroid moves; there aren't many other characters that move like that, and it would be interesting to see how it controls (although I guess they could make Dr. Kawashima like that, if they include him).

ant1532

Banned
el jacko said:
I don't think it's stupid at all. I mean, sure, it'd be difficult to create a full movelist, but it's not impossible. And besides, I was thinking mainly on how the Metroid moves; there aren't many other characters that move like that, and it would be interesting to see how it controls (although I guess they could make Dr. Kawashima like that, if they include him).
But Metroids only has one attack. One possible attack. There is nothing else it can do. And if there was it would change the whole story on Metroids in the games. I see what your saying but thats like wanting a Goomba in the game. What would it do?

neptunes

ant1532 said:
But Metroids only has one attack. One possible attack. There is nothing else it can do. And if there was it would change the whole story on Metroids in the games. I see what your saying but thats like wanting a Goomba in the game. What would it do?
what about Captain Falcon? I'm sure he did many Falcon Punches in F-Zero for the snes

ant1532 said:

There's actually gameplay there though. It can have it's moveset set around you know... moving about trying to land the uber suckface move. Like a couple of differing rolls, a juke or two, some floaty type things, and a face hugger dash as it's coup de grace.

Also goombas can body slam and bite. And dance.

Actually I think a Gimp Smash would rock ass, a bunch of enemies who only have a single move trying to kill each other..

ant1532

Banned
neptunes said:
what about Captain Falcon? I'm sure he did many Falcon Punches in F-Zero for the snes
He has limbs! A metroid is a ball shaped thing that sucks life out of things.

It just sucks things...

Whatever I'm done. You want Metroid, thats fine, I just think it would be horribly dumb, thats it.

Jiggy

neptunes said:
I see people bring up Captain Falcon a lot as a reference point for a character who had to be reworked and forced with difficulty into SSB, but from the first game he was called one of the legendary bounty hunters in his galaxy. It always made perfect sense for him to have great fighting skills as far as I'm concerned.

el jacko

Jesus Christ I didn't think people would be on my ass like this. I honestly don't think it would be hard for them to give a Metroid a movelist; I mean, if they can give Ness a whole bunch of moves he never had in Earthbound (not to mention Captain Falcon) they can work something out with a Metroid.

But whatever! If you guys think it's retarded, so be it.

ant1532

Banned
Hey guys I know a great character for Smash! A rock. Yeah his movelist wouldn't be too good but the way he would move would be interesting.

The thing is Ness, Falcon. they have limbs, which make it possible to do moves. A Metroid doesn't.

ant1532 said:
Hey guys I know a great character for Smash! A rock. Yeah his movelist wouldn't be too good but the way he would move would be interesting.

The thing is Ness, Falcon. they have limbs, which make it possible to do moves. A Metroid doesn't.

Metroid is gonna be top tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom