• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Wii said:
I wonder if characters like Bowser and DK can break crates by jumping on them.
Would be neat if the heavy characters broke crates, but the lighter ones could stand on them. :lol

Wii said:
I wonder if characters like Bowser and DK can break crates by jumping on them.
I'm actually reminded of DKC where DK and Diddy could ride certain barrels after throwing them, though I can't remember if you could do those with any barrel or just the metal ones.

justchris

Son of Godzilla said:
Actually I think a Gimp Smash would rock ass, a bunch of enemies who only have a single move trying to kill each other..

This is a great idea. Better than Single Button Melee. Why has no one else commented on this? I would play Gimp Smash every single day. Ninji would be my character.

Beezy

item03_070614b-l.jpg

This stage has not been named. Time for you guys to speculate.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
FunkyMunkey said:
Samus in these pictures means a Samus unveiling soon? Maybe?

OMG.
Wario has made an appearance is almost every update and we still haven't seen his profile.

Keru_Shiri said:
I'm actually reminded of DKC where DK and Diddy could ride certain barrels after throwing them, though I can't remember if you could do those with any barrel or just the metal ones.
You could do it with any barrel IIRC, however metal barrels could plow through enemies whereas the others would break on first contact.

GaimeGuy said:
?

Are you concluding this because the crate moved?

Pikachu jumped onto the crate, and his weight caused it to fall down the ramp.

I think he means the fighting is taking place on a completely random platform with a huge castle in the immediate background. I mean, that's kinda interesting, especially if there is a battle ongoing that you could affect, but I don't think anyone was hoping for a moving platform level after seeing the first shot of it.

There have been way too many Battlefield retakes shown, where's the funky stuff?

Tristam

Oblivion said:
That's the Star Fox stage, amigor.

Oblivion, I like you and all, but I just had to call you out on something. Wasn't it you that made that topic speculating that Nintendo didn't really care about Brawl and probably outsourced it to Hudson Soft? :D

Son of Godzilla said:
I think he means the fighting is taking place on a completely random platform with a huge castle in the immediate background. I mean, that's kinda interesting, especially if there is a battle ongoing that you could affect, but I don't think anyone was hoping for a moving platform level after seeing the first shot of it.

There have been way too many Battlefield retakes shown, where's the funky stuff?

They'll probably treat each as a megaton.

Still, Battlefield was always my best stage (the platforms were great for meteor smashing from different angles) and I prefer the tournament style stages over the zany ones (although I did love me some Big Blue).

Kandinsky

GaimeGuy said:
?

Are you concluding this because the crate moved?

Pikachu jumped onto the crate, and his weight caused it to fall down the ramp.
I think Samus pushed it and pikachu just jumped onto it :D

Anyways, awesome update, cant wait for tomorrows :(

Shinobix

Very nice update

And a little message for ant:

I actually thought it wasn't a very good idea to have a Metroid as a playable character but that's not the point. The point is that you are laughing about someone else's ideas that don't even hurt you in any way. See, you are no one to do that. All I'm saying is that you could've easily said "I don't think that's a very good idea" instead of "lolz worst idea ever :lol lolol"

I know this is GAF d00d but still.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Maybe the best update yet.

item03_070614c-l.jpg

"Yay presents!" So awesome.

item03_070614e-l.jpg

:lol Pikachus riding the crate. They better make a long-ass hill level and I'll ride crates down it for hours.

They're really fleshing out the items. Excellent ideas Smash team. This game will have so much little details and work put into it.

justchris said:
This is a great idea. Better than Single Button Melee. Why has no one else commented on this? I would play Gimp Smash every single day. Ninji would be my character.

I made a suggestion a few pages back that there should be novelty 8-bit characters. SMB Mario for instance could only jump on people heads or shoot fireballs as attacks, for instance.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Tristam said:
Oblivion, I like you and all, but I just had to call you out on something. Wasn't it you that made that topic speculating that Nintendo didn't really care about Brawl and probably outsourced it to Hudson Soft? :D

Aye. :(

But it was out of love for SSB that I was fearful! Still, I don't know why they haven't mentioned the team yet.

The boxes changing with the different stages was an awsome idea. Great update.

I don't see in mentioned much, but how come nobody ever mentions TOAD as a playable character. He's one of the more recognizable mario characters, and peach is a character so why not.

toad.jpg

The Legendary Toad. It just makes sense.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
VindicatorZ said:
The boxes changing with the different stages was an awsome idea. Great update.

I don't see in mentioned much, but how come nobody ever mentions TOAD as a playable character. He's one of the more recognizable mario characters, and peach is a character so why not.

toad.jpg

The Legendary Toad. It just makes sense.
Because toad is already featured as the most useless attack in the game :lol

VindicatorZ said:

Peach needs him as a shield.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wonder how the crates and barrels will look in other stages.
I can see the barrel with the DK logo in DK levels and the crates being question mark blocks in Mario levels.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
BGBW said:
I wonder how the crates and barrels will look in other stages.
I can see the barrel with the DK logo in DK levels and the crates being question mark blocks in Mario levels.

I don't think they will go that far with it. The different item skins are meant to fit a general visual style while not being overly customized to only fit 2-3 stages. At least thats what I'm seeing in the screens. Normal Barrels would be fine for DK stages and fit nicely already.

This game is going to be so awesome. It's the abundance of looking this like different crates and the rolling crates that is going to make this the best game ever.

Although it's always great to see how much detail and work they're putting into the game I laughed when I saw the title 'Boxes and Crates'. It's funny there's more hate when a stage is released than when we talk about one of gaming's biggest clichés :lol

Endgegner

Keru_Shiri said:

Only with the metal ones. You would throw a metal barrel against a wall, it would bounce back and then you could jump onto the barrel. The wooden barrels would break if you threw them against a wall.

The thought of taking one of the presents in Yoshi's stage, throwing it at an opponent, and having it end up exploding in their face amuses me.

Nice update, this week's been great. :)

Clearly the game is a labour of love - things like the context sensitive crates may be small, but overall it just shows how much effort and thought is being put into the game.

Akinola

I am really diggin that Starfox level. I've heard from a lot of my friends that the castle in there is Marth's homeland...

No way to tell for sure, though.

Akinola said:
I am really diggin that Starfox level. I've heard from a lot of my friends that the castle in there is Marth's homeland...

No way to tell for sure, though.

It's just that when I first saw it I was like, is that Hyrule Castle, but apparently it's a Fire Emblem stage. I've just never found out why it is a Fire Emblem stage,

EktorPR

Alkaliine said:
It's just that when I first saw it I was like, is that Hyrule Castle, but apparently it's a Fire Emblem stage. I've just never found out why it is a Fire Emblem stage,

In the past few trailers, the stage has been showed "under siege", with fireballs being launched at it. I guess that's the reason why it's thought to be a Fire Emblem stage, since Zelda doesn't allow for those kinds of circumstances.

NotWii

Banned
Alkaliine said:
The insignia on the castle's flag looks the Daein (sp? I haven't played FE9 in a while) insignia with a few changes.

Alkaliine said:
Is it confirmed to be a Fire Emblem stage?
I dont know if it is a castle stage but since Mario has gotten a remake and looks less cartoonish than before. It makes me think if this is the new Peach castle.

Edit: I meant a fire emblem castle stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom