• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Metroid

A - talon poke
Forward + A - extended talon poke?
Up + A - headbutt (shellbutt?)
Down + A - crouching talon poke?
Run + A - tackle

Smash forward + A - forward tackle
Smash up + A - shellbutt
Smash down + A - spin?

Neutral air - spin
Forward air - talon poke?
Backward air - backward talon poke?
Up air - tilting shellbutt?
Down air - drill talon kick?

B - spin?
Forward + B - forward tackle
Up + B - diagonal flying tackle (think Mario's Up + B, Marth's Up + B, etc.)
Down + B - drain life (Yoshi)

I tried. I just don't see how it's viable... There are like three really cool things that a Metroid could do (the life drain, spinning and stabbing with the talons, and a headbutt with a Metroid's outer shell would probably look dumb but I can't say I wouldn't be entertained), but that's about it. >_> As opposed to someone like Marin or Sami, who also stand no chance of getting in, but who I can at least think of a ton of awesome moves for.

ant1532

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Metroid

A - talon poke
Run + A - tackle

Smash up + A - shellbutt
Smash down + A - spin?

Neutral air - spin

B - spin?

I tried. I just don't see how it's viable... There are like three really cool things that a Metroid could do (the life drain, spinning and stabbing with the talons, and a headbutt with a Metroid's outer shell would probably look dumb but I can't say I wouldn't be entertained), but that's about it. >_> As opposed to someone like Marin or Sami, who also stand no chance of getting in, but who I can at least think of a ton of awesome moves for.
:lol

This is retarded awesome.

Jiggy37 said:
Metroid

A - talon poke
Run + A - tackle

Smash up + A - shellbutt
Smash down + A - spin?

Neutral air - spin

B - spin?

Very cool move list! :)

How about some moves where it changes into one of the Metroid species from Metroid II?

met2col.gif

pic source: Metroid Database

ant1532

Banned
CreatureX3 said:
Very cool move list! :)

How about some moves where it changes into one of the Metroid species from Metroid II?

met2col.gif
Now that would be better, but I think the chances of them putting anything besides a baby Metroid are small.

Can we quit it? You know they would never have a Metroid a playable character. It just is retarded. That shit is for Nintendo boards or Gamefaqs.

Taxman

Jiggy37 said:
Metroid

A - talon poke
Run + A - tackle

Smash up + A - shellbutt
Smash down + A - spin?

Neutral air - spin

B - spin?

The Final Smash would be awesome though. It would call in Metroid Prime, which would do what Metroid Prime does best: kick ass and be awesome. :lol

You know, Melee had goombas and ReDeads popping out of crates and such every once it awhile. Perhaps the Metroid would be better suited for that role?

Jiggy

ant1532 said:
Can we quit it? You know they would never have a Metroid a playable character. It just is retarded.
Yeah, seriously, that was a joke post on my part anyway. :p

(And I hope the transformation suggestion was also. >_>)

Taxman

Keru_Shiri said:
You know, Melee had goombas and ReDeads popping out of crates and such every once it awhile. Perhaps the Metroid would be better suited for that role?
That would be sweet. It could just fly around sucking the life out of players.

Jiggy

Keru_Shiri said:
That reminds me: the enemy crates had better be a selectable option in the item switch this time. That and exploding capsules. The latter were too common, the former not common enough... Unless you played with like items on very high and everything turned off, you'd almost never see the enemies come out. (Usually not even then.)

Jiggy37 said:
Metroid

A - talon poke
Down + A - Flatten (damage on reformation)
Run + A - FACEHUGGER CHARGE

Smash up + A - shellbutt
Smash down + A - spin?

Neutral air - spin
Forward air - forwards roll
Backward air - backwards roll
Up air - shell hop (vertical attack that can function as a repeatable jump)

B - Inflate (Charging, slowly deflates afterwards)
Forward + B - Talon Dash (Akin to Fox's F+B)
Up + B - Jettison (Think reverse Kirby Rock Smash, distance determined by current size. Afterwards you float down as if carrying umbrella)

Oh what the hell, I'll help you out a bit. I'm actually liking this idea now.

Firestorm

I stopped going to NSider because all people would do is post up stupid characters with stupid movesets. Stop doing it. Please. I don't care what people think would be a cool moveset.

Firestorm said:
I stopped going to NSider because all people would do is post up stupid characters with stupid movesets. Stop doing it. Please. I don't care what people think would be a cool moveset.

Again, where the hell did that smashbrothersisseriousbusiness.gif get to?

woxel1

Firestorm said:
Top Tier: Doesn't care.
Middle Tier: Sort-of cares.
Bottom Tier: Cares.

Jiggy

Well, my only point (maybe it didn't come across) was that a Metroid really doesn't work, anyway. >_>

What Ant is saying is mostly right, but I'd just make one adjustment... It's not limbs per se that you need in order to make a Smash character, but flexibility. Jigglypuff and Kirby could probably be done without any of the attacks using their "arms" because they do have feet and weird flexibility, and Pikachu would work with a tail and none of its kicks. A Metroid's talons aren't flexible, which is what I was hoping to get at (they're all talon pokes with no stabs because every animated Metroid I've seen doesn't have much range of movement in those things), so there's not much you can do with them.

el jacko

Like I said, jesus christ sorry my idea was so retarded. I didn't put nearly as much thought into it as you guys did, I just wanted to see a character move in that floaty way the Metroids do.

GaimeGuy said:
Huh? Did you play Earthbound?
Yeah, I did. PSI Fire and PSI Thunder weren't his moves; they were Paula's (and Poo's I think). It even said so in SSB64's description of him.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
el jacko said:
Like I said, jesus christ sorry my idea was so retarded. I didn't put nearly as much thought into it as you guys did, I just wanted to see a character move in that floaty way the Metroids do.

Yeah, I did. PSI Fire and PSI Thunder weren't his moves; they were Paula's (and Poo's I think). It even said so in SSB64's description of him.
Well, so what?

I don't see luigi launching himself sideways like a cannon in any of his games :lol

el jacko

GaimeGuy said:
Well, so what?

I don't see luigi launching himself sideways like a cannon in any of his games :lol
Fair enough, though I do think that's a good point for the Metroid.

Nobody here can imagine a decent moveset; I won't lie, I can't either. I'll bet someone on the Smash Bros. team, if interested, could. Besides, I still think it'd be cool if it appeared in the game with some wacked-out playing style that would come with a floating blob with fangs. If that's retarded, whatever.

Firestorm

el jacko said:

It's not if it's retarded or not... I'm just really sick of seeing movesets no matter what they are.

Japan Time is late =(

They never cease to surprise me.

And the characters seem work so well in the environments and with the items around them.

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME.

Haha, I love today's update. Little details like this that make the game awesome. And holy crap at the thought of riding a crate downhill!

GaimeGuy

item03_070614d-l.jpg

item03_070614e-l.jpg

Heh, pikachu jumped on the crate and caused it to slide down the ramp.

That's another difference we see in these pictures. You couldn't jump on crates or barrels in Melee, but looks like you can (at least on crates) in Brawl

scottnak

My god. They CHANGE with different levels??
Anywhere else it'd be a "So What?" reaction but man... this is pretty awesome!!
Sliding boxes!!!

This is why you play with items! Hehehe. Awesome!!
Great update todaaaay!

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Im not sure if you guys noticed, but right under the crate, theres four wheels under it.

So the Fire Emblem stage platform moves around as well? Interesting.

Also, do all these Yoshi's Island stage shots make anyone else really want a new 2D YI on Wii? That art is so pretty.

Jiggy

Awesome, superior item interaction. :eek: I always enjoyed a barrel rolling up and down an incline, so having crates do it too works for me.

But the changing look of the items... Now that's just fantastic. I love it. Really adds to the flavor of basically everything. I wonder if they ever change in weight or sliding speed, or just in appearance.

GaimeGuy

BrodiemanTTR said:
So the Fire Emblem stage platform moves around as well? Interesting.

Also, do all these Yoshi's Island stage shots make anyone else really want a new 2D YI on Wii? That art is so pretty.
?

Are you concluding this because the crate moved?

Pikachu jumped onto the crate, and his weight caused it to fall down the ramp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom