• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
6gbxe8h.jpg

I :lol 'd at this pic

Nice textures on the castle.

Alkaliine said:
It's just that when I first saw it I was like, is that Hyrule Castle, but apparently it's a Fire Emblem stage. I've just never found out why it is a Fire Emblem stage,
It's really, really close to the Doluan Castle.

Jiggy

I wonder if they'll reuse the box designs in some stages, e.g. both Star Fox and F-Zero levels have the futuristic crates/barrels, both Yoshi and Earthbound levels have the presents (I think those things in Earthbound were supposed to look like presents), etc.
I think it'd be cool to have a different design for every series represented, but I somehow don't see that happening when some pairs of series would be good for carrying designs over...

ant1532

Banned
This gives me more hope for alternate costumes but I still don't think they'll actually do it.

And sorry for bein a dick el jacko. I got a little carried away

RagnarokX

Jiggy37 said:
I wonder if they'll reuse the box designs in some stages, e.g. both Star Fox and F-Zero levels have the futuristic crates/barrels, both Yoshi and Earthbound levels have the presents (I think those things in Earthbound were supposed to look like presents), etc.
I think it'd be cool to have a different design for every series represented, but I somehow don't see that happening when some pairs of series would be good for carrying designs over...

Nah, those designs are probably the only ones. They pretty much cover every style of stage possible.

Anyway, here is a shot of classic wooden crates and barrels at Delfino Plaza from the item menu:
item03_thumbnail.jpg

Also, about the castle stage, it's thought to be fire emblem because it is under attack by an army, has some resemblance to a fire emblem castle, and has flags that look somewhat like the flags of a fire emblem nation.

gimz

its 12:27am EST, normally i cant wait for 3:00am EST, but today my gf is going back home to Japan and i have to send her to airport at 4am :( i hope the japan time stops

Cruceh

Banned
gimz said:
its 12:27am EST, normally i cant wait for 3:00am EST, but today my gf is going back home to Japan and i have to send her to airport at 4am :( i hope the japan time stops
Go with her and witness Japan time happen in Japan.

dfyb

Banned
i'm suprised to see samus and zero suit samus supposedly two different characters. sorta dissapointed. was hoping for a shiek/zelda type character.

Tristam

I like character updates, because it means we're that much closer to seeing a NEW character.

EDIT: Samus looks EXACTLY like those old FMV videos from when Metroid Prime was planned as a third person game.

Somnid

Zero-suit Samus was always considered a seperate character hence the introduction in the trailer. I don't think this confirms anything one way or the other though.

I am surprised they didn't do a double character update with each Samus.

RagnarokX

Yes, this is the first time we have seen regular samus in gameplay context. Her only other appearance was in the E3 trailer when she fired her supposed final smash from the background.

Samus definitely looks more refined that her melee counterpart, particularly in terms of textures and particle effects. She looks less cartoony as well.

However, she definitely looks more cartoony than her MP2 model, which is pretty much due to the Brawl being a homage to Super Metroid rather than the Prime series.

NotWii

Banned
Hrmmm, this suit looks like a hybrid
The visor shape is from Super Metroid.
The cannon and green glow bits are from the Prime 2/3 suit.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So, is Sakurai just neglecting to mention that Down+B transforms Samus to Zero Suit? Or does she only turn into Zero Suit when she does her Final Smash attack? Or are they two separate characters, which would be odd but kind of like the Mario-Dr. Mario thing? This update just leaves me with more questions than answers.

ant1532

Banned
HOLY ****ING SHIT!!!!!

SAMUS LOOOKS HEEEEEELLLLLAA TIGHT!!!!

First time we get to really see her and damn it's looking sooo nice.(I play as Samus in Melee :D)

It doesn't get much better then this ladies.

151fs492015.jpg

Danthrax said:
So, is Sakurai just neglecting to mention that Down+B transforms Samus to Zero Suit? Or does she only turn into Zero Suit when she does her Final Smash attack? Or are they two separate characters, which would be odd but kind of like the Mario-Dr. Mario thing? This update just leaves me with more questions than answers.

There was an interview where he was saying that Samus didn't like taking lots of damage when referring to ZSS.
I'm assuming you transform when your damage meter hits a certain point.

Branduil

The new Samus model blows away the Melee one. The Prime one is closer, but not quite as detailed, even though it's more realistic. I'd like to see a comparison with MP3 Samus.

Jaagen

The M.O.B said:
I guess they have no sun in space.

I see what you did there. Sneaky b....

Anyways, the model looks great. I personally prefer the Prime model, but this is a huge step up from the Melee model. It just looks so much more vibrant and alive than the flat looking Samus in Melee(which looked good back in '01)

Somnid

Looks like they took the old Smash model and slapped the green lights and newer arm cannon on it. I kinda wish the went with the version 2 Varia suit from Prime as it was the best looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom